Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

New year new thread.

Marshall with a surprising hire, Charles Huff from Alabama:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...football-coach
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    New year new thread.

Marshall with a surprising hire, Charles Huff from Alabama:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...football-coach
    Huff could be a great hire for Marshall....I would give them an A for the hire. I heard RichRod was interested and had some support with boosters, but Marshall just refused to go with another "WVU guy". I think RichRod could have been dangerous at Marshall in that conference. First, I think he would have woke up every morning with the goal of building a team that caused people in WV to say Marshall may be better than WVU....and second, I think he will go balls to the wall knowing it would likely be his last chance to rebuild his reputation. I get why they went with Huff, and do not blame them.....but I do think RichRod would have been very interesting there.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Huff could be a great hire for Marshall....I would give them an A for the hire. I heard RichRod was interested and had some support with boosters, but Marshall just refused to go with another "WVU guy". I think RichRod could have been dangerous at Marshall in that conference. First, I think he would have woke up every morning with the goal of building a team that caused people in WV to say Marshall may be better than WVU....and second, I think he will go balls to the wall knowing it would likely be his last chance to rebuild his reputation. I get why they went with Huff, and do not blame them.....but I do think RichRod would have been very interesting there.
    Could be the same reason they didn’t go with Gerad Parker, WVUs offensive coordinator. He’s from Louisa, Kentucky which is about 45 minutes from Huntington.

Doc Holliday had some good teams at Marshall when their season didn’t consist of WVU being their Super Bowl. Once the Friends of Joe Bowl ended Marshall started fielding competitive teams.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Go Hoosiers!

Sorry if already mentioned, but I just heard about the Yahoo story from a few days ago suggesting that San Diego State and Boise State are having discussions with the AAC about joining. Not sure how they make that travel work, but if you add those schools to the AAC it will be hard to suggest the AAC is weaker than the weakest P5 conference.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Sounds like what the original Big East tried to do before it collapsed.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Sounds like what the original Big East tried to do before it collapsed.
    yes, if I recall, Boise was joining then WVU announced they were leaving, and Boise State revisited their decision and eventually remained in the Mountain West. I think in many years a conference with Cincinnati, Memphis, UCF, Boise State, San Diego State, etc. would be in the Top 5 conferences in regards to quality.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

This discussion reminds me of the sad photo of the Tulane coaches and athletics director holding up a Big East banner, and the Catholic 7 immediately saying "No so fast, my friend. We gone."

Yahoo Sports' Pete Thamel is reporting that Jeremy Pruitt is out at Tennessee and Phil Fulmer's future will be addressed as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Why would they wait so long? Odd timing.

Oh, I see, it's because of an investigation and not due to poor performance. Allegedly.

Fired for cause, Fulmer gets to save face and “retire”
    Go Gators!

Tennessee a place for Fickell? Not sure he'd want to go into that mess though.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Tennessee a place for Fickell? Not sure he'd want to go into that mess though.
    My money was on Hugh Freeze before today.

Now not so sure. Might be better off promoting Kevin Steele who they just hired from Auburn and riding it out for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    My money was on Hugh Freeze before today.

Now not so sure. Might be better off promoting Kevin Steele who they just hired from Auburn and riding it out for a year.
    I do not see that plan being great for recruiting....or even stopping a flood into the portal.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Sounds like Pruitt won't go quietly

https://footballscoop.com/news/jerem...to-his-firing/

Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?