Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

Re: 2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post

- Besides Ohio State, who else in the Big10 appears to be able to run the table?
    While they all have future dates against each other .... Penn State, Michigan State, Iowa. We'll see about Michigan. This Buckeye team is very young to begin with. And they're going to go through their "growing pains" like any other program. Their defense is bad right now. When you allow a last place, winless team from the American Conference to put 500+ total yards on you, then you got some big issues on that side of the ball. And it's not just the defensive coordinator (Coombs), but youth and inexperience with players a year removed from high school.

But their offense, so far, also isn't the juggernau that everyone expects. Again, youth/inexperience.

But right now, when I look at who the cream of the crop" is in the B1G, it's pretty much the same group.... OSU, PSU, Iowa, MSU, Wisconsin. And we may be seeing the "resurrection" of Michigan. The difference? OSU, this year, doesn't look the sure thing. There's kinks in their armor and blood in the water. I could see them losing two more games.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-22-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    While they all have future dates against each other .... Penn State, Michigan State, Iowa. We'll see about Michigan. This Buckeye team is very young to begin with. And they're going to go through their "growing pains" like any other program. Their defense is bad right now. When you allow a last place, winless team from the American Conference to put 500+ total yards on you, then you got some big issues on that side of the ball. And it's not just the defensive coordinator (Coombs), but youth and inexperience with players a year removed from high school.

But their offense, so far, also isn't the juggernau that everyone expects. Again, youth/inexperience.

But right now, when I look at who the cream of the crop" is in the B1G, it's pretty much the same group.... OSU, PSU, Iowa, MSU, Wisconsin. And we may be seeing the "resurrection" of Michigan. The difference? OSU, this year, doesn't look the sure thing. There's kinks in their armor and blood in the water. I could see them losing two more games.
    Yep. Too put it more simply: with OSU being very bearable this year pretty much any of those teams can run the table. I have a feeling this is PSU’s year to go to the CFP. Their downfall is their QB, Clifford is very mediocre. Their defense is legit, though.

- - - Updated - - -

PSU is going to be scary when they get Drew Allar on campus.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Late with my Bearcats take here but... We're seeing teams struggle w/crowds at every level of football due to the fact that last year was a Covid year w/no fans at most stadiums. But Cincy struggles for 1 half against Indiana and they're some fraud who was exposed according to a lot of these cfb pundits, even tho we outscored the Hoosiers 38-10 to end the game. Dunno how ND will play out, but I know we're better prepared for it having had that 1st half in Indiana.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Right here, right now...The Big Ten East is the best division in college football.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Late with my Bearcats take here but... We're seeing teams struggle w/crowds at every level of football due to the fact that last year was a Covid year w/no fans at most stadiums. But Cincy struggles for 1 half against Indiana and they're some fraud who was exposed according to a lot of these cfb pundits, even tho we outscored the Hoosiers 38-10 to end the game. Dunno how ND will play out, but I know we're better prepared for it having had that 1st half in Indiana.
    They did struggle in the 1st half against Murray State so it would behoove them to work on that because one of these weeks they may not be able to come back in the 2nd half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Right here, right now...The Big Ten East is the best division in college football.
    SEC West would like a word......

- - - Updated - - -

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    SEC West would like a word......

- - - Updated - - -
    About their 8 game conference schedule?

I ain't sure Wisconsin kept the right QB.

Coan hasn’t exactly been great for ND. I like how the commentators were talking about Pyne like he is Rudy when he came in at QB. Kid was the 8th best pro style QB in the country in the 2020 class.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-25-2021)

Minnesota really Flecked it today.

“They Flecked it. It's just this thing people say around your office all the time. Like when you screw something up in a really irreversible way, you Flecked it. I don't know where it comes from, though. You think it comes from PJ Fleck?”

15. Likes:

Chip R (09-26-2021),Playadlc (09-27-2021),RedTeamGo! (09-25-2021),Revering4Blue (09-25-2021)

How does one score 10 points against BGSU? Lmao.

Well, UC has their game. Put up or shut up time.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Coan hasn’t exactly been great for ND. I like how the commentators were talking about Pyne like he is Rudy when he came in at QB. Kid was the 8th best pro style QB in the country in the 2020 class.
    Well whatever Coan was it sure as hell was better than Mertz...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Well, UC has their game. Put up or shut up time.
    Yep, they get their game. South Bend will be rockin'

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I don’t know that I’d put Clemson down for running the table with quarterback play like that.

UGA is the toughest defense they’ll face all year but DJ looked horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    There's nothing beyond Notre Dame (maybe) in the ACC. And guess who doesn't play Notre Dame?

Clemson's next toughest team beyond Georgia is... NC State? Maybe Boston College? A rebuilding Florida State? Louisville? South Carolina?

None of those teams should inspire anything resembling fear in Tigerland.

If they don't run the table, they probably shouldn't be ranked in the top 25.
    Hi.

Thank God Florida State is so bad. Louisville shut down the offense in the second quarter and still somehow managed to win. Well, the somehow isn't a mystery. Florida State is terrible.

Turn Off Ads?