Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

Re: 2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Not it you made $4.5M a year. LA might be the best city on Earth to be rich in.
    I'd take Miami a hundred times out of a hundred.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Also solid, although as man that sweats a bit Miami kills me.

As for the conversation, I think Bienemy checks a lot of boxes USC needs right now.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-16-2021)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Lol I’m taking the house in MN personally
    I would just be happy with a cottage on a lake...in MN.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Also solid, although as man that sweats a bit Miami kills me.

As for the conversation, I think Bienemy checks a lot of boxes USC needs right now.
    Bienemy would be a great choice, but would Trojan Nation be happy with the selection?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Bienemy would be a great choice, but would Trojan Nation be happy with the selection?
    I certainly don’t speak for all USC fans, they are my “other” team, but after several consecutive coaching blow ups, I think the overall feeling is they just want to be relevant. There doesn’t seem to be an obvious home run hire and no one believes Nick Saban or Urban Meyer is walking through the door. As long as it is someone with legit promise I think most of the fan base will be happy.

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-17-2021),Revering4Blue (09-16-2021)

Couldn’t pay me to live in florida. The summers are horrible to me, worse than Ohio winters.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Or purify yourself.
    Apollonia in Purple Rain reference?
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

12. Likes:

Chip R (09-16-2021)

Couldn’t pay me to live in florida. The summers are horrible to me, worse than Ohio winters.
    I do not love the heat.....but I have to say, Miami is paradise if you are wealthy. I know it is always a different lifestyle in any city if you are rich....but Miami does take it to another level than most. Miami is more about $ and less about celebrity.....while I get the feeling there are so many rich people in LA, that it tends to be more about celebrity. I guess it depends on what is considered LA....as I would have very little interest in living in Brentwood or those developments.....but I could do Malibu or one of those large homes further up the Pacific Coast Highway......or Santa Barbara.

I would not even need a mansion, but something like this in Santa Barbara would be fine for little ole' me....(those views)

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9...15885312_zpid/

or something like this would work...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...15904350_zpid/

the payment on this one is only about $83K a month.....

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...15904980_zpid/

My god, can you imagine?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...20555561_zpid/

For comps...this is Shaq's house in Orlando he has been trying to sell....he has cut the price in almost half over the last year....the problem with the house is it was about 10K SQ Ft. when he purchased, and he just kept adding on to it to where it is now over 30K SQ Ft. It makes no logical sense because it is too long.....one would get winded walking from one end to the other! I mean I can imagine a squatting family moving in one wing, and it be a month before anyone knew they were there.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9...46138336_zpid/
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

not related to college football at all....but just a interesting story. They have been building this monstrosity of a house near Shaq's house for over a decade. Some places it is listed at 85K SQ Ft....others up to 100K+ SQ Ft. It is owned by David Siegel...a time share billionaire. I think they even had a reality show with his wife called "Queen of Versailles"....which is reference to the name of the house. The best part is it sits directly across the water from his ex wifes somewhat normal home. He has to be getting pretty old because he was in his 70's when I met him a decade ago....not he will be around if they ever finish it.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Summers in FL would be miserable, combine that with the threat of hurricanes, and I am out. Its a great place to vacation in the winter, but I am done with the hustle and bustle, so I have no desire to live in Miami.

Give me somewhere in the Rockies and I would be happy.

16. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-16-2021),Revering4Blue (09-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Summers in FL would be miserable, combine that with the threat of hurricanes, and I am out. Its a great place to vacation in the winter, but I am done with the hustle and bustle, so I have no desire to live in Miami.

Give me somewhere in the Rockies and I would be happy.
    I’d like Asheville, NC

I’d like Asheville, NC
    A lot of our retired friends have moved to the Carolinas. The wife and I have discussed a similar move.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    A lot of our retired friends have moved to the Carolinas. The wife and I have discussed a similar move.
    I lived in Charlotte for 4 years. We loved it there, we were going to start family soon and it was just too far away from our families, though. Kind of regret leaving, though.

I expect Central Florida to rip Louisville a new one tonight. And I don't even think UCF is good. Sad times.

And I spent 5 years in the Carolinas (Charlotte and Chapel Hill). Loved it there. Hoping to get my daughter to go to NC State or UNC so I can go back often!

I expect Central Florida to rip Louisville a new one tonight. And I don't even think UCF is good. Sad times.

And I spent 5 years in the Carolinas (Charlotte and Chapel Hill). Loved it there. Hoping to get my daughter to go to NC State or UNC so I can go back often!
    I actually think there is a chance that UCF is progressing to being very good. I expect them to look much improved tonight compared to Week #1 against Boise State.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?