Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

Re: 2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I got laughed at for suggesting Clemson may lose one more game this year after the UGA game.
    It is possible if they play like they did today.....but the ACC is so so bad. They have 2 non-con games left against the juggernauts UConn and South Carolina. Maybe @ NC State or @ Pitt if Pitt can figure out how to play some basic defense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    That targeting call in the Auburn game is one of the worst I’ve seen. If the linebacker hadn’t done it the player likely would have scored. Is this even football anymore?
    I hate it....I hate it so much.....it is changing the outcomes of games. It has to be altered this offseason.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ha! I had missed Brady Hoke returning to SDSU for his second stint as HC there.

(I actually thought he did a fine job there last time around)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Ha! I had missed Brady Hoke returning to SDSU for his second stint as HC there.

(I actually thought he did a fine job there last time around)
    I did not know that either....guess they got a big win tonight over Utah.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

BYU now 3-0 against the Pac-12. Good to see that program winning at a high level again.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    BYU now 3-0 against the Pac-12. Good to see that program winning at a high level again.
    Their schedule is interesting. There are some teams on there that could trip them up, but there is nobody that will be a big favorite against them. At the same time, there is enough quality on there to allow them to climb the rankings if they continue to win.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

This year, I don't see Ohio State as being the top dog, the big cheese, numero uno, in the B1G. Very young. PSU and MSU look pretty solid so far IMO. And OSU faces both. And (imo), they're lucky they don't play Iowa this year.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

8. Likes:

Chip R (09-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I’m just glad another team is trying to crash the top 10. College football has gotten a little boring with Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma ruling the playoffs.
    I think people are tired of seeing the same teams in there year after year - except for the fans of those teams, of course. Probably won't have to worry about Clemson and tOSU this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Here's where college football's system can get a bit goofy: if Cincinnati wants to get into the playoffs, one of the biggest games of their season is being played this weekend, and it's UC's bye week. They need Notre Dame to beat Wisconsin at Soldier Field so that ND is a top 10 team when the Bearcats roll into South Bend. If ND loses to Wisconsin and then Cincinnati beats ND to knock them out of the top 25, the narrative is that Notre Dame just isn't any good.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think people are tired of seeing the same teams in there year after year - except for the fans of those teams, of course. Probably won't have to worry about Clemson and tOSU this year.
    I will not be totally shocked if after all of this early season poor play......the playoff teams are 4 from the same group Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Clemson and Oregon. While the blue bloods have looked rough, none of the non blue bloods have appeared to be any better.

I just go by process of elimination.....

- Besides Oregon, who else in the PAC12 appears to be able to run the table?
    - Besides Oklahoma, who else in the Big12 appears to be able to run the table?
    - Besides Clemson, who else in the ACC appears to be able to run the table?
    - Besides Alabama and Georgia, who else in the SEC appears to be able to run the table?
    - Besides Ohio State, who else in the Big10 appears to be able to run the table?

The Big10 is the only one where there may be a chance.....but Penn State barely was able to beat an above average Auburn team. Iowa will get knocked off if they can not do more on offense.....if you look into their wins over IU and Iowa State, the ball bounced their way more than normal. Michigan? I do not see it. It also does not help Cincinnati that IU and ND do not appear to be nearly as good as expected.....and now Gabriel is out for UCF. History suggests the committee will use anything they can against a G5 school. A real dark horse is BYU......just because they should have a realistic chance or be a favorite in every game they play....and their schedule has some legit brand/quality this season.....but still would put it at less than 5%.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

13. Likes:

What if Florida wins out and beats Alabama in the SEC title game?

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I will not be totally shocked if after all of this early season poor play......the playoff teams are 4 from the same group Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Clemson and Oregon. While the blue bloods have looked rough, none of the non blue bloods have appeared to be any better.

I just go by process of elimination.....

- Besides Oregon, who else in the PAC12 appears to be able to run the table?
    - Besides Oklahoma, who else in the Big12 appears to be able to run the table?
    - Besides Clemson, who else in the ACC appears to be able to run the table?
    - Besides Alabama and Georgia, who else in the SEC appears to be able to run the table?
    - Besides Ohio State, who else in the Big10 appears to be able to run the table?

The Big10 is the only one where there may be a chance.....but Penn State barely was able to beat an above average Auburn team. Iowa will get knocked off if they can not do more on offense.....if you look into their wins over IU and Iowa State, the ball bounced their way more than normal. Michigan? I do not see it. It also does not help Cincinnati that IU and ND do not appear to be nearly as good as expected.....and now Gabriel is out for UCF. History suggests the committee will use anything they can against a G5 school. A real dark horse is BYU......just because they should have a realistic chance or be a favorite in every game they play....and their schedule has some legit brand/quality this season.....but still would put it at less than 5%.
    I love Cougars. Meow.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    What if Florida wins out and beats Alabama in the SEC title game?
    Seems about as likely as cupcakes falling from the sky but ok
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I agree....they probably will not, but there is an argument. UF's offense is terrible with Jones at QB....and the Gators still almost won. If Richardson is healthy, I do not think 'Bama is undefeated tonight.

Feels like right now.....there is some separation between 'Bama, Georgia and everyone else. Ohio State, Oklahoma and Clemson all looked mediocre today against teams that were far less talented.
    The OL dominated the Alabama DL and we ran for 258 yards. I wouldnt call that terrible. I'll be the first person in line to support AR as QB1 but Jones settled down and played better than expected. With that being said we are a far more dangerous team with both 5 and 15.

18. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    The OL dominated the Alabama DL and we ran for 258 yards. I wouldnt call that terrible. I'll be the first person in line to support AR as QB1 but Jones settled down and played better than expected. With that being said we are a far more dangerous team with both 5 and 15.
    You are not the first to tell me that Jones played better than his box score numbers suggest. I watched parts of the game, but did not lock in until the end. I recently saw a sports media outlet that does the models....where they input the data and run it 1,000's of times, and 88% of the time the Gators win that game.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

20. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (09-21-2021)

Doubt anyone stayed up Friday night watching high school football on ESPNU.....but it was an unreal comeback by '22 WVU commit QB Nicco Marchiol bringing his Hamilton High School back to defeat nationally ranked #7 Bishop Gorman 25-24. If you get a chance, watch the highlight video starting at the 1:11 mark. Hamilton is down 24-7 with 1:08 left in the game.....from there they score 18 points over the next minute (of clock time) topped off by going for 2 and the win. Probably the most amazing high school comeback I have seen....plus it was on national television against a national powerhouse.

I have a feeling FSU is going to regret letting Marchiol get away.....but WVU fans are glad they did....young man is a gamer.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/zojuNZ...nal-minute.htm
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?