Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

Re: 2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

On the surface....next weekends games look like one of the worst weekends of the season.

#14 Coastal Carolina plays @ App State on Wednesday, and is probably one of the best games this week. Other games I find interesting....

- Undefeated #16 Wake Forest is only a 3 point favorite at Army
    - UCLA is a 1.5 point favorite hosting #10 Oregon
    - #23 Pitt is a 3.5 point favorite hosting Clemson. If Pitt did not stumble against Western Michigan, they would be 6-0 going into this game.
    - Air Force is a 4 point favorite hosting #22 San Diego State
    Last edited by adkindo; 10-17-2021 at 05:15 PM.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Tough business. LSU hasn't won a national championship in two whole seasons.
    Sounds like it was more then wins and losses, nice part where he hit on the pregnant wife of an LSU official.

https://theathletic.com/2891847/2021...aching-pariah/
    Go Gators!

4. Likes:

Chip R (10-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I was more impressed by UK in that loss than any of their wins this season. In the end, they do not have the QB or depth to beat an elite team like Georgia, but they proved for over half of the game, their #1's, scheme and defense can pretty much play with anyone in the country. For them to get to the next level, which I doubted much more before this season, they will have to be able to continue to build depth and be able to add a few truly elite offensive weapons (QB, WR's, etc.) like the Alabama's, Georgia's and sometimes other SEC teams seem to have every year. I think Stoops would be making a big mistake to exit what he is building unless he got a Jimbo type offer from a top program.....he is too close to breaking through in my opinion.
    I posted a lengthier post about this in the UK thread but Levis wasn’t the problem last night. He played about as good a game as could have been played. He didn’t turn the ball over or do anything to hurt Kentucky last night. I saw fans complain because the play calling wasn’t aggressive but against this defense it would have been a blowout instead of a 17 point loss.

Georgia basically did everything Kentucky has done all season except they were playing with a team of players who will most likely be playing on Sundays. Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the better team. Kentucky played as close to perfect a game as they could have played with the exception of the missed fumble recovery and still lost.

I’m not worried about Stoops leaving depending on which job comes up but I do worry about them keeping Liam Coen and Brad White.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Sounds like it was more then wins and losses, nice part where he hit on the pregnant wife of an LSU official.

And now Jimbo’s name is being floated for LSU, to the extent that I’m wondering if Jimbo is the one putting that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    And now Jimbo’s name is being floated for LSU, to the extent that I’m wondering if Jimbo is the one putting that out there.
    Does he need another raise? his buyout is close to 100 million dollars, I doubt anyone is paying that.
    Go Gators!

Does he need another raise? his buyout is close to 100 million dollars, I doubt anyone is paying that.
    Take a look at the details on that buyout my friend.

Except it’s not. He could walk away from A&M and not have to pay a dime.

The list is going to start and end with Jimbo Fisher because Scott Woodward is the AD at LSU and was the one who hired Fisher at A&M. Woodward is known for splashy hires too (Steve Sarkisian, Chris Petersen, Jimbo, Buzz Williams, Kim Mulkey)
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Except it’s not. He could walk away from A&M and not have to pay a dime.

The list is going to start and end with Jimbo Fisher because Scott Woodward is the AD at LSU and was the one who hired Fisher at A&M. Woodward is known for splashy hires too (Steve Sarkisian, Chris Petersen, Jimbo, Buzz Williams, Kim Mulkey)
    I think Jimbo stays at A&M....but LSU will definitely make contact with an impressive offer.

It is just unfortunate there are not more WVU born and raised coaches to go around.
    Last edited by adkindo; 10-18-2021 at 09:33 AM.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

He lost all of his significant assistant coaches after the national champ year. He's a motivator, delegator and figurehead. This isn't terribly surprising

12. Likes:

Chip R (10-18-2021),Revering4Blue (10-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yep. Time will tell
    Yes, they all play each other so it’s impossible all of these teams to go undefeated and that means they are overrated. I am very smart.

I find it interesting Bama lost to a terrible TAMU team and you didn’t call them overrated.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

14. Likes:

GAC (10-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I think Jimbo stays at A&M....but LSU will definitely make contact with an impressive offer.

It is just unfortunate there are not more WVU born and raised coaches to go around.
    And the top two would not entertain ever returning (Jimbo and Saban)

There’s still RichRod.

16. Likes:

Chip R (10-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    And the top two would not entertain ever returning (Jimbo and Saban)

There’s still RichRod.
    Lou Holtz can come out of retirement.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Bobby Petrino has Missouri State looking good...

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yes, they all play each other so it’s impossible all of these teams to go undefeated and that means they are overrated. I am very smart.

I find it interesting Bama lost to a terrible TAMU team and you didn’t call them overrated.
    I disagree with you that Texas A&M is terrible. It shows you don't know much about SEC teams

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I disagree with you that Texas A&M is terrible. It shows you don't know much about SEC teams
    Terrible might be strong, but they are pretty average. They’ve shown some improvements so maybe they keep it going, but it looks more like an 8-4 team than a 10-2 team. QB isn’t good enough.

Turn Off Ads?