Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

Re: 2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Terrible might be strong, but they are pretty average. They’ve shown some improvements so maybe they keep it going, but it looks more like an 8-4 team than a 10-2 team. QB isn’t good enough.
    An 8-4 team in the SEC isn't average

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Really?

The SEC plays 8 conference games, and the non conference schedule was pretty cream puffery. In essence, A&M is going 4-4 in the SEC, playing a total of 2 ranked teams all season long.

I think A&M is talented, but overall is pretty blah. And FWIW, I think any power 5 team who goes 8-4 is pretty average.

4. Likes:

GAC (10-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Take a look at the details on that buyout my friend.
    Yep I was wrong, it would take 90+ million to fire him but he can leave for free.

What the heck more does he want? to be Governor?
    Go Gators!

Haha ok

If A&M goes 8-4 with their schedule, it’s very average. Their second best win right now is a toss up between barley beating Colorado and beating Missouri who’s probably the second worst team in the SEC. Bama is obviously a good win, but even they seem like they probably have another loss in them along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Really?

The SEC plays 8 conference games, and the non conference schedule was pretty cream puffery. In essence, A&M is going 4-4 in the SEC, playing a total of 2 ranked teams all season long.

I think A&M is talented, but overall is pretty blah. And FWIW, I think any power 5 team who goes 8-4 is pretty average.
    Any non conference schedule that includes Clemson is not cream puffery. Look at their schedule next time before you pop off

Any non conference schedule that includes Clemson is not cream puffery. Look at their schedule next time before you pop off
    They did not play Clemson.

Nick Rolovich out at Wazzu. No vaccine.

LMAO

They didn’t play Clemson in OOC.

TAMU’s OOC:

Kent State
    Colorado (TAMU won 10-7 haha)
    New Mexico
    Prairie View A&M

TAMU lost to Arkansas and Miss St. Both very mediocre teams.

That’s about as cream puffery as it gets.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

11. Likes:

bucksfan2 (10-19-2021),Sea Ray (10-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

13. Likes:

Chip R (10-19-2021),cumberlandreds (10-19-2021),Rojo Rijo (10-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    They did not play Clemson.
    My apologies. That error is all mine

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    According to our coach, Hendon Hooker's injury is not serious and he's day to day. I don't know if I believe that but I don't care who starts vs Alabama. We'll lose easily regardless

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    LMAO

They didn’t play Clemson in OOC.

TAMU’s OOC:

Kent State
    Colorado (TAMU won 10-7 haha)
    New Mexico
    Prairie View A&M

TAMU lost to Arkansas and Miss St. Both very mediocre teams.

That’s about as cream puffery as it gets.
    I think TA&M is very talented....just has not clicked on a consistent basis this year. In regards to the SEC schedules....usually 'Bama, Georgia and maybe one or two more will play 1 big non con game, but often the bottom 2/3's of the conference will play teams their 3rd string could beat. Many of then use their non-con rival game as an excuse.....but in recent years when FSU is UF's big non-con game, it looks pretty bad. Many SEC teams are basically bowl eligible with their 4 easy non con games.

I am not an SEC hater....actually usually a defender, but I would like to see some basic standards for P5 conferences in scheduling. First, no more FCS games....I get it is big for FCS programs and a lot of FBS programs like the win....but nobody cares about those games and season ticket holders are forced to pay full freight. The P5 conferences should settle on 8 or 9 conference games.....just choose one and everyone play that amount! If it is 8, then maybe 2 P5 and 2 G5 non-con games......If it is 9, at least one P5 non-con game?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-20-2021),Assembly Hall (10-21-2021),BuckeyeRed27 (10-19-2021),GAC (10-20-2021),Revering4Blue (10-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I think TA&M is very talented....just has not clicked on a consistent basis this year. In regards to the SEC schedules....usually 'Bama, Georgia and maybe one or two more will play 1 big non con game, but often the bottom 2/3's of the conference will play teams their 3rd string could beat. Many of then use their non-con rival game as an excuse.....but in recent years when FSU is UF's big non-con game, it looks pretty bad. Many SEC teams are basically bowl eligible with their 4 easy non con games.

I am not an SEC hater....actually usually a defender, but I would like to see some basic standards for P5 conferences in scheduling. First, no more FCS games....I get it is big for FCS programs and a lot of FBS programs like the win....but nobody cares about those games and season ticket holders are forced to pay full freight. The P5 conferences should settle on 8 or 9 conference games.....just choose one and everyone play that amount! If it is 8, then maybe 2 P5 and 2 G5 non-con games......If it is 9, at least one P5 non-con game?
    The analogy of Florida only holds with them.

South Carolina’s “rival” has their number.

Kentucky and Louisville has only recently trended Kentucky. There were times Kentucky needed to beat Louisville last game of the season to get bowl eligible earlier in Stoops tenure and failed.

Georgia has at least scheduled outside of Georgia Tech. Clemson this year and Notre Dame the year before Covid.

It’s hard to really predict who’s going to be good when schedules are made so far out. I’m sure when Tennessee agreed to play Pitt this year both teams were on different trajectories when it was agreed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Every conference, for the most part, has the same "personality" (imo) .... the leaders (elites). For the most part,these programs are consistently in the CFP hunt (winning it on occasion). These are the programs that are the "darlings" of ESPN and various other media outlets, and heavily promoted .... then there are the "middle-of-the road" teams. The 9-3 and 8-4 crowd that are good programs, better then most. But still, for the most part, can't crack into that next level. Though at times they get a peek ... and then there are the "bottom feeders". You wonder why these schools even have an athletic program because they are fed on by everyone else in the conference. They hope get to six wins (thanks to the FCS schools) to get a bowl invitation to the Frostbite Falls Bowl.

I think every conference has a similar "structure". It's hard to rattle that food chain.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-20-2021 at 04:48 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Every conference, for the most part, has the same "personality" (imo) .... the leaders (elites). For the most part,these programs are consistently in the CFP hunt (winning it on occasion). These are the programs that are the "darlings" of ESPN and various other media outlets, and heavily promoted .... then there are the "middle-of-the road" teams. The 9-3 and 8-4 crowd that are good programs, better then most. But still, for the most part, can't crack into that next level. Though at times they get a peek ... and then there are the "bottom feeders". You wonder why these schools even have an athletic program because they are fed on by everyone else in the conference. They hope get to six wins (thanks to the FCS schools) to get a bowl invitation to the Frostbite Falls Bowl.

I think every conference has a similar "structure". It's hard to rattle that food chain.
    I get that and it's true if you're just talking about football. You may not know this but there are other sports that are played at these schools. Like in the Big 12, Kansas is as historically bad at football as they are good in basketball. Same for Duke. Kentucky is usually the other way. While they aren't as historically bad in football as KU and Duke are, they are just as great in basketball. And there's other sports too. There's soccer, gymnastics, wrestling, field hockey, lacrosse, golf, tennis, etc. Indiana has been bad to middle of the road in football but their basketball and swimming programs are historically great. Same with Iowa. They have ran the gauntlet in football from bad to mediocre to very good but their wrestling program is historically - and currently - among the best in the nation. Minnesota has been right up there with Iowa in wrestling in the past quarter century. So that's why they have athletic programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?