Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heyman says Reds are keeping their stars and going for the Division

Re: Heyman says Reds are keeping their stars and going for the Division

The amount of "Frazier won a gold glove and Andujar was a ROTY candidate in 2018!" is mindblowing. Like that somehow matters.

I wouldn't even want to do a straight up trade of Castillo for Torres.

The only thing I can gather is that Yankees fans just have no idea who Luis Castillo is.

2. Likes:

Old school 1983 (01-18-2021),RedTeamGo! (01-18-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    What exactly are they saying?
    They're crying because other teams won't trade them their stars for a pile of turds.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

5. Likes:

CmdrCody (01-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yankees fans saying Castillo is a decent 4th starter lol.
    I believe I found your reply in the Jeff Passan comment thread.

I feel the exact same way about Yankees fans.

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    I believe I found your reply in the Jeff Passan comment thread.

I feel the exact same way about Yankees fans.
    I don’t know if it’s me because I was responding to some doofus in the Heyman thread. I’m BrichaelMuesh with the Link from Zelda 64 throwing a chicken profile pic.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don’t know if it’s me because I was responding to some doofus in the Heyman thread. I’m BrichaelMuesh with the Link from Zelda 64 throwing a chicken profile pic.
    My mistake then.

I thought you were *REDACTED*

For obvious reasons.
    Last edited by podgejeff_; 01-18-2021 at 02:01 PM.

My mistake then.

I thought you were REDACTED

For obvious reasons.
    Ohhh on Reddit? Yeah thats me. Haha
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 01-18-2021 at 02:08 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

The Yankees fans do realize when they are talking about the “tax” that they got Torres through Chapman for a bunch of Rookie Davis, Caleb Cotham nobody types. I want to be “taxed” like that.

Quote Originally Posted by gutz58 View Post
    The Yankees fans do realize when they are talking about the “tax” that they got Torres through Chapman for a bunch of Rookie Davis, Caleb Cotham nobody types. I want to be “taxed” like that.
    No that is completely forgotten.

Many of them equate the Mets getting the Indians to trade them Lindor/Carrasco and wonder why they can't pull off the same thing for Castillo? The only answer must be the "Yankees Tax".

Completely ignoring that the Mets took on $50 million payroll for one year rentals. For players not as valuable as Castillo. Also, they have no idea that pitching is more valuable than anything, apparently.

Also according to the Yankees braintrust we're going to trade Castillo for a couple of barely top 100 prospects to another team. Because they're not the Yankees.

No that is completely forgotten.

Many of them equate the Mets getting the Indians to trade them Lindor/Carrasco and wonder why they can't pull off the same thing for Castillo? The only answer must be the "Yankees Tax".

Completely ignoring that the Mets took on $50 million payroll for one year rentals. For players not as valuable as Castillo. Also, they have no idea that pitching is more valuable than anything, apparently.

Also according to the Yankees braintrust we're going to trade Castillo for a couple of barely top 100 prospects to another team. Because they're not the Yankees.
    To be far this is probably accurate. The difference will be when. Castillo's value is about as high as one can get right now. Simply because he has 3 control years right now. By the time the Reds trade him instead of giving him a large contract that might be close to what we get.

The difference is clearly I am talking a couple years from now ideally and not this summer.

I live in NJ and have a bunch of Yankees fans. Honestly it seemed mixed, a group felt they should have to trade Torres while another group felt having Castillo was more valueble then Torres and they could just sign one of the FA SS and then sign Story, Seager, or Lindor next offseason. I was pretty surprised that some Yankees fan were ok with it over all. Most figured it was Torres + Schmidt for Castillo and thought it was a good deal for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Red X View Post
    . Most figured it was Torres + Schmidt for Castillo and thought it was a good deal for both sides.
    I can see how they'd think that.

But I'm walking away from that deal.

Turn Off Ads?