Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Krall Weighing SS Options

Re: Rosenthal Reporting Cast has Instructed Krall to Go Out and Get a SS and Spend

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I would agree with this, but Semien wanted to play SS and settled on this contract with the Blue Jays to play 2B.

I find it very difficult to believe if the Reds offered him a similar amount to play SS he would have turned it down.
    After the last five years, i would understand why players are reluctant to sign with the Reds.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Likes:

REDREAD (01-27-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rosenthal Reporting Cast has Instructed Krall to Go Out and Get a SS and Spend

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    We could be four months into the season and there would be a few posters who tell us its still too early to have an opinion on the Reds' lack of off-season activity and that we need to let it play out a few more weeks.
    Nah, we just aren't going to cry the sky is falling when opening day is months away and there still are viable options left for the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    After the last five years, i would understand why players are reluctant to sign with the Reds.
    I don’t think it flies here. Semien stated he wanted to play SS. He ended up playing 2B. The reds could have gotten him.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I don’t think it flies here. Semien stated he wanted to play SS. He ended up playing 2B. The reds could have gotten him.
    From Sheldon

“We’ve had competitive offers out to people that we’ve liked,” general manager Nick Krall told MLB.com on Wednesday. “I think we’ve been in a lot of different markets to find players that fit our club. We’ve ended up losing out on some guys. Some things didn’t go the way we were looking for.”

Yes, that means the reds refused to pay him what he asked for. Pretty clear.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Again, the Reds may have ponied up but the players signed with someone else who also ponied up.

It’s not like there’s a SS vending machine where you put your money in and get the SS your paid for. The players has to want to sign with you.
    I don't care about the particulars. The plan is SS. Execute the plan. There's still one main FA and some trade targets left. We know what it's going to cost. Get it done.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

9. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (01-28-2021)

The Reds need to banish the word "competitive" from their lexicon. The quote I want to see from Nick Krall is "Can't talk. Too busy signing Didi Gregorius."

11. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (01-28-2021),Boss-Hog (01-27-2021),Bourgeois Zee (01-27-2021),Edd Roush (01-27-2021),Mitri (01-27-2021),New Fever (01-27-2021),ochoa30 (01-27-2021),Old school 1983 (01-27-2021)

Yes, that means the reds refused to pay him what he asked for. Pretty clear.
    They made competitive offers. Unless you think Krall is lying, that means they were willing to pay market prices. Without knowing the details of the negotiations, we can’t draw any other conclusions. There a million and one reasons why Semein signed with the Blue Jays instead of the Reds, even if they offered similar deals.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't care about the particulars. The plan is SS. Execute the plan. There's still one main FA and some trade targets left. We know what it's going to cost. Get it done.
    I am all for signing Didi. I even predicted it. I am for yelling at Krall to get it done.

But stop trying to argue that the Reds aren’t trying or aren’t willing to pay competitive prices.

14. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (01-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Reds need to banish the word "competitive" from their lexicon. The quote I want to see from Nick Krall is "Can't talk. Too busy signing Didi Gregorius."
    You and others are accusing the Reds of not being willing to “pony up”. Now that we have them on record saying that they tried to pony up, you are mad because they haven’t signed anyone yet.

I am all for signing Didi. I even predicted it. I am for yelling at Krall to get it done.

But stop trying to argue that the Reds aren’t trying or aren’t willing to pay competitive prices.
    If the Reds liked Simmons, and were willing to pay competitive prices, they'd be holding a press conference for him right about now.

17. Likes:

ochoa30 (01-27-2021),REDREAD (01-27-2021)

Didn't argue either of those things. I'm not sure how much clearer I can be that my only concern here is they land on the right side do/not do line.

19. Likes:

757690 (01-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    If the Reds liked Simmons, and were willing to pay competitive prices, they'd be holding a press conference for him right about now.
    Respectively disagree. Simmons might have wanted to play for the Twins over the Reds. Or maybe he loves Tater Tot Hot Dish over Skyline. If he received similar offers money wise, then his decision was not going to be based on money.

Let's not have a semantics conversation about the word "competitive."

They need a SS.

Period.

Anything less than a SS is a failure.

You can dance around the head of a pin arguing what "competitive" means, but it doesn't change the fact that they ultimately didn't pony enough enough scratch to acquire a SS. If they get one later, great. If not, they've screwed up massively.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 01-27-2021 at 03:19 PM.

22. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-27-2021),Mitri (01-27-2021),ochoa30 (01-27-2021),REDREAD (01-27-2021),Revering4Blue (01-27-2021)

You and others are accusing the Reds of not being willing to “pony up”. Now that we have them on record saying that they tried to pony up, you are mad because they haven’t signed anyone yet.
    No, I'm saying the cost is no longer a mystery. Period. I'm not mad at anyone, but I don't want to hear about how they're trying. I don't care if they're trying. If they half-ass it but manage to get it done, I won't care that they put in minimal effort. Do, there is no try.

24. Likes:

757690 (01-27-2021),Edd Roush (01-27-2021),Mitri (01-27-2021),ochoa30 (01-27-2021),Revering4Blue (01-27-2021)

Turn Off Ads?