Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Krall Weighing SS Options

Re: Rosenthal Reporting Cast has Instructed Krall to Go Out and Get a SS and Spend

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Yea, owning a billion dollar franchise that has quadrupled in value since they bought must be really rough. Maybe we should start a GoFundMe campaign to help these guys out.

...not trying to be jerk to you specifically there, Kc. I’m just done feeling sorry for these guys. The years and years of crying poor while they rake in millions upon millions and refuse to disclose their finances because they know it would blow their “omg we are broke” chorus right out of the water have worn on me.

These guys are all filthy rich. Every owner of every team. Buying an MLB franchise is literally the safest investment anyone could ever make. You can be one of the worst in the business and still turn around and sell it at a jaw dropping profit. Just ask Jeff Loria.

These guys don’t respect us so I’m done respecting them.
    It’s really not about feeling sorry for owners or whether we should respect them. It’s simply tough for me to dismiss that COVID has made things harder on baseball team finances, especially smaller markets.

So I don’t throw blame at Bob and the other owners.

But it does require enormous patience to root for the Reds sometimes. This off-season has not been pleasant for fans looking for positive moves toward a championship.
    Last edited by Kc61; 01-27-2021 at 06:00 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rosenthal Reporting Cast has Instructed Krall to Go Out and Get a SS and Spend

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    jeez, i can't believe i'm about to defend our front office. but none of you know if the reds were truly out-bid for the shortstops that have already signed. ever consider they might take a tad less money to sign with an organization that ... doesn't suck?

you know, an organization not like the reds?

maybe we did get out-bid. but it sure as hell wouldn't shock me if a guy took less money to sign with another team. as long as the gap in $ wasn't very large.
    Were the blue jays in the playoffs last year? They might have been. I don’t remember. I don’t think they were. On top of that, FAs are not usually busting to pay Canadian taxes if they have a choice and everything else is mostly equal...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Were the blue jays in the playoffs last year? They might have been. I don’t remember. I don’t think they were. On top of that, FAs are not usually busting to pay Canadian taxes if they have a choice and everything else is mostly equal...
    The Jays did make the playoffs, lost to the Rays.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The Jays did make the playoffs, lost to the Rays.
    They also just signed George Springer and a few others and have Bichette and Vlad jr on the team. They are on the rise.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

So...with Simmons at $10.5M and Semien at $18M, does DiDi get more or less AAV than the $14M he got last year? Assume a one or two year deal. Reds need to get him now but if they commit anything more than 3/$40M they’ve likely grossly misplayed their hand yet again. Hopefully it’s fewer years even if higher AAV.
    Last edited by Benihana; 01-27-2021 at 06:40 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

7. Likes:

REDREAD (01-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    So...with Simmons at $10.5M and Semien at $18M, does DiDi get more or less AAV than the $14M he got last year? Assume a one or two year deal. Reds need to get him now but if they commit anything more than 3/$40M they’ve likely grossly misplayed their hand yet again. Hopefully it’s fewer years even if higher AAV.
    This is why I would have liked Simmons at one for 11.

Re: Nick Krall Weighing SS Options

Just give him a 2 year deal. It’s entirely plausible Garcia sucks in the minors this year and isn’t ready next year or ever. Then you are totally screwed.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-28-2021),bagz (01-28-2021),Benihana (01-27-2021),Edd Roush (01-27-2021),Mitri (01-27-2021),MR X (01-27-2021),MrRedSkull (01-28-2021),ochoa30 (01-27-2021),Old school 1983 (01-28-2021),Tom Servo (01-27-2021),WildcatFan (01-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Just give him a 2 year deal. It’s entirely plausible Garcia sucks in the minors this year and isn’t ready next year or ever. Then you are totally screwed.
    It’s such a no-brainer. I wonder if Didi’s crew is just pushing for 3. Otherwise he would’ve just signed with the Phils, no?

Agree. Good teams never seem to worry about having too many good players.

13. Likes:

M2 (01-28-2021),The Operator (01-27-2021)

Re: Shortstop Options

Villar is somewhat intriguing. His 2019 is probably better than any year Didi has ever had. He could also potentially be a leadoff solution.

15. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (01-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It’s within a “notes” article. Here is the whole quote;
    If this is the blurb the OP is very misleading.

17. Likes:

REDREAD (01-27-2021)

Or even if he doesn’t, you could move one of them to 2B and trade or DH one of Moustakas/Suarez (hopefully the former) if you needed to.
    Go BLUE!!!

19. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-27-2021)

Free agent second baseman Cesar Hernandez is expected to take his physical with the Indians sometime this week. If Hernandez passes the physical, his one-year $5 million deal with a $6 million club option for 2021 becomes official.

Not only did the Indians get good value for their $5 million but it gives them an opportunity to improve the roster through a trade should they want to pursue one.

They’re overloaded in the middle of the diamond. The Indians acquired middle infielders Amed Rosario and Andres Gimenez from the Mets for shortstop Francisco Lindor.

Rosario and Gimenez are capable of playing shortstop and second base, making one of them expendable because Hernandez won a Gold Glove at second base last year.

Presently it’s not the Indians intent to trade Rosario or Gimenez. Either one could play shortstop with the other becoming a utility infielder for this season.But there is a market for shortstops

Didi Gregorius is the last prominent free agent shortstop available and he’s projected to make over $10 million a year. The Phillies and Reds need a shortstop and Rosario might be in their sights if Gregorius is too expensive.

The Reds, of course, are a favorite trading partner of the Indians.

The Indians are paying Rosario $2.4 million this year. With their payroll being slashed to an estimated $37.5 million (not counting Hernandez’s contract), it stands to reason they’re not going to pay him that much to sit on the bench. So if they’re going to start Gimenez at short, they could trade Rosario.
    https://www.cleveland.com
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 01-28-2021 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I'd be willing to see what it would take to acquire Rosario to man SS for the season, and I'm thinking it could be done for prospects in the 15-20 range.

22. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post
    I'd be willing to see what it would take to acquire Rosario to man SS for the season, and I'm thinking it could be done for prospects in the 15-20 range.
    i don't think our farm system is that deep. our 15-20 prospects are probably guys who have little-to-no trade value.

Turn Off Ads?