Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Season: Playoffs + Hiring/Firing time

Re: 2020 NFL Season: Playoffs + Hiring/Firing time

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I was just saying the same thing to my brother. Pre-2020 I think everyone thought Belichick was the GOAT NFL coach. Now? I don’t think so.
    LOL. Based on 1-year? It's really not hard to just say: "Tom Brady and Bill Belichick both needed each other to turn the Patriots franchise into a dynasty."

The End.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-24-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    LOL. Based on 1-year? It's really not hard to just say: "Tom Brady and Bill Belichick both needed each other to turn the Patriots franchise into a dynasty."

The End.
    It seems one of them needed the other a bit more.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

The End.
    Yeah it’s one season in a pandemic whacked out season. Not gonna make any crazy declarations like that at this point. I’m pretty sure the Patriots had a lot of key players opt out too.

I will confidently still say Brady would’ve never been as good as he is if not for Belichick.

6. Likes:

The End.
    Just to be clear I’m just saying I’m not convinced he’s the GOAT now. All of Belichick’s success as a coach has been with Brady as his starting QB. It is what it is. He lost Brady this year and immediately sucked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Yeah it’s one season in a pandemic whacked out season. Not gonna make any crazy declarations like that at this point. I’m pretty sure the Patriots had a lot of key players opt out too.

I will confidently still say Brady would’ve never been as good as he is if not for Belichick.
    Was Drew Bledsoe just a horrible QB then? Why didn’t Belichick turn him into the GOAT?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Brady went to one of the worst organizations in professional sports and immediately took them to the super bowl. Immediately.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Just to be clear I’m just saying I’m not convinced he’s the GOAT now. All of Belichick’s success as a coach has been with Brady as his starting QB. It is what it is. He lost Brady this year and immediately sucked.

- - - Updated - - -

Was Drew Bledsoe just a horrible QB then? Why didn’t Belichick turn him into the GOAT?
    Belichick didn’t develop Bledsoe the way he did Brady as a complete rookie. Not saying Brady didn’t have inherent talent, but I think a lot less of it would’ve been tapped into and developed under most other coaches.

10. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post

All good points, especially the last one. But the optics are strong: The first year they are without each other, one goes to the Super Bowl and one has a losing season.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

12. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-24-2021)

Exactly. Is Phil Jackson the GOAT NBA coach? Or did he just have Jordan/Pippen and Kobe/Shaq?

Green Bay's loss was truly a team effort: Terrible over-conservative coaching decisions on offense especially at the end of the game, horrible defensive play in the secondary capped by a defensive back letting a receiver get behind him to allow a TD at the end of the first half, multiple dropped passes, and poor pass protection coupled with inconsistent officiating.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Brady went to one of the worst organizations in professional sports and immediately took them to the super bowl. Immediately.
    The Bucs were a really good team last year that just needed a QB. It's not like they were a downtrodden team and Tom fixed everything. That's not to take anything away from him. He's the greatest and was awesome this year too. But he probably has the best receiving corps in the NFL to go along with a very good defense.

Questioning Belichick after one season when half of his defense opted out and his QB was physically incapable of throwing the ball downfield is silly. The Patriots probably had the worst personnel in the NFL this season. Brady wasn't even that great for the first 3 Super Bowls. He was very competent, but 2007 was when he went to another level. Belichick went 11-5 with Matt Cassell.

They're both amazing and both greatest of all time at their respective positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-24-2021),Wonderful Monds (01-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Time for Aaron Rodgers to show why he's the best player in the NFL by marching his Packers down the field for a Touchdown and a game-tying 2-pt Conversion.
    Rodgers's time as best player in the NFL is long past. He's great, but Mahomes is on a different level

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't they go 10-6 with Matt Cassel?

But your argument seems to be pretty 1-sided. Belichick had just as much of a hand, if not more, than Brady. The Patriots held arguably the best offense in the NFL to 3 points in their last SB win. You just need to let your hatred go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    The Bucs were a really good team last year that just needed a QB. It's not like they were a downtrodden team and Tom fixed everything. That's not to take anything away from him. He's the greatest and was awesome this year too. But he probably has the best receiving corps in the NFL to go along with a very good defense.

Questioning Belichick after one season when half of his defense opted out and his QB was physically incapable of throwing the ball downfield is silly. The Patriots probably had the worst personnel in the NFL this season. Brady wasn't even that great for the first 3 Super Bowls. He was very competent, but 2007 was when he went to another level. Belichick went 11-5 with Matt Cassell.

They're both amazing and both greatest of all time at their respective positions.

Forget it. He's rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post

They were a really good team that finished the season with a losing record?

They were a really good team that finished the season with a losing record?
    It’s amazing they won 7 games last year with Winston throwing 30 picks.

Turn Off Ads?