Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-2021 Off-season News Notes and Discussion #2

Re: 2020-2021 Off-season News Notes and Discussion #2

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I suspect that'll be the price, once other teams decide they're interested too. (Perhaps not. I could definitely be wrong.)

Each of these prospects (assuming the Reds sign a FA SS like Semien or Gregorius for two years) is blocked by what should be better players for the next two years, and this deal opens up the Reds as a viable championship club for those two seasons.
    You want to trade Jose Garcia because of the chance of giving a 2 year deal to Semien or Didi?

Look, I’d trade Garcia is a truly elite SS was coming back in return, but he’s the only SS in our system. That’s insane, but it’s true.

Speaking of which, I know you shouldn’t draft by need, but the Reds absolutely need to draft a SS in the first round next draft. Preferably a college SS. Probably a couple more later in the draft. They need to address this organizational issue.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You want to trade Jose Garcia because of the chance of giving a 2 year deal to Semien or Didi?
    Read my original post again.

It said the Taillon deal would be dependent on the acquisition of Didi or Semien.

I realize this isn't a deal for the faint of heart. I recognize it'd be a massive gamble.

I'd do it anyway.

Different strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

Look, I’d trade Garcia is a truly elite SS was coming back in return, but he’s the only SS in our system. That’s insane, but it’s true.

Speaking of which, I know you shouldn’t draft by need, but the Reds absolutely need to draft a SS in the first round next draft. Preferably a college SS. Probably a couple more later in the draft. They need to address this organizational issue.
    The trade you offered may be a decent deal overall for the Reds. However, it seems clear that a much smaller, less impressive package would be needed to obtain Taillon.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

That’s too much for a guy coming off a second TJ. One of them usually isn’t a big deal, but I was reading a thing recently that guys coming off their second are usually a lot more dicey. I also wouldn’t trade Garcia for him even if we signed Didi or Semien. If Garcia really has the upside some of the experts seem to think, the Reds will need him in their lineup.

Aside from that, I’d probably do a deal centered around India with a couple other pieces. If that’s not enough I’d rather they just signing Taijuan Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Read my original post again.

It said the Taillon deal would be dependent on the acquisition of Didi or Semien.

I realize this isn't a deal for the faint of heart. I recognize it'd be a massive gamble.

I'd do it anyway.

Different strokes.
    I understood the qualifier, but im saying that doesn’t block Garcia and this organization is completely devoid of SS talent outside of Garcia.

From Rosenthal Twitter:

Source confirms: The Yankees have agreed to acquire RHP Jameson Taillon from the Pirates. The deal is subject to a review of medical records. First: @JonHeyman.

Edit: 4 prospects going to the Pirates. More details to come

8. Likes:

REDREAD (01-25-2021),Ron Madden (01-24-2021)

Mark Feinsand
    @Feinsand
    Source confirms the Yankees will send Miguel Yajure, Roansy Contreras, Maikel Escotto and Canaan Smith to the Pirates for Taillon.

10. Likes:

757690 (01-24-2021)

I like Yajure.

The Pirates basically wanted some boom or bust guys.

According to MLB.com, the Yankees gave up their 15, 19 and 21 prospects. Escotto was not on the top 30 list, but is a recent signing with only one season in the minors, which was impressive.

Damn. Four non top 15 prospects. I wish the Reds would’ve done that all day.
    Go BLUE!!!

14. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-24-2021)

For comparison sake, here are the Reds 15, 19 and 21 prospects:

Riley O’Brien
    TJ Friedl
    Ryan Hendrix

16. Likes:

REDREAD (01-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    For comparison sake, here are the Reds 15, 19 and 21 prospects:

Riley O’Brien
    TJ Friedl
    Ryan Hendrix
    This was a horrendous trade for the Pirates, but that isn’t an apples to apples comparison. The reds farm is terrible so those rankings don’t line up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Damn. Four non top 15 prospects. I wish the Reds would’ve done that all day.
    This return is a joke, I would stop being a Pirates fan if I were one over this offseason. The way the Pirates FO is operating right now is completely shameful.

18. Likes:

757690 (01-24-2021),Edd Roush (01-24-2021),Patrick Bateman (01-24-2021)

Pirates really embracing the role of being a farm club for the larger markets as that’s an absolutely embarrassing return for a talent like Taillon. Really wish the Reds had gotten involved at that price. I know he’s coming off an injury, but he’s very intriguing as a #3.

Stuff like this makes it hard for the Reds or any small market team to get a good return for good MLB talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    Pirates really embracing the role of being a farm club for the larger markets as that’s an absolutely embarrassing return for a talent like Taillon. Really wish the Reds had gotten involved at that price. I know he’s coming off an injury, but he’s very intriguing as a #3.

Stuff like this makes it hard for the Reds or any small market team to get a good return for good MLB talent.
    This is why people should be happy about Krall so far this offseason. The Yankees tried this BS with the Reds for Castillo and Krall very clearly said “Torres” and Cashman wouldn’t budge. The Pirates made Taillon available like yesterday and the next thing you know he went to the Yankees for trash. I don’t know who is running the Pirates right now but this is basically a master class on how NOT to negotiate. It’s like they aren’t even trying. It borderline feels like the Pirates GM said to Cashman “I will take whatever, just don’t embarrass me too much, ok?” The Reds have had almost all of their controllable players mentioned in rumors this offseason and nothing happened. I believe this is because the big market teams have been trying to fleece the Reds and Krall won’t budge on his asking price. I honestly think this should give fans a good feeling about the direction the Reds are headed in the hands of Krall.

21. Likes:

757690 (01-24-2021),Old school 1983 (01-24-2021),Revering4Blue (01-24-2021),The Operator (01-24-2021)

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent
    Source: Jamison Taillon is not Luis Castillo
    C. Trent trolling Yankee fans
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 01-24-2021 at 01:35 PM.

23. Likes:

The Operator (01-24-2021)

Turn Off Ads?