Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RIP Cloris Leachman and Cicely Tyson

RIP Cloris Leachman and Cicely Tyson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloris_Leachman

"She won
    many accolades, including eight Primetime Emmy Awards from 22 nominations, making her the most nominated and, along with Julia Louis-Dreyfus, most awarded actress in Emmy history. She won an Academy Award, a British Academy Film Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Daytime Emmy Award. Born and raised in Des Moines, Iowa, Leachman attended Northwestern University and began appearing in local plays as a teenager. After competing in the 1946 Miss America (Miss Illinois) pageant, she secured a scholarship (due to finishing in the top-16) to study under Elia Kazan at the Actors Studio in New York City."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicely_Tyson

"Tyson was the recipient of three Primetime Emmy Awards, four Black Reel Awards, one Screen Actors Guild Award, one Tony Award, an honorary Academy Award, and a Peabody Award. Tyson garnered widespread attention and critical acclaim for her performance as Rebecca Morgan in Sounder (1972); she was nominated for both the Academy Award and Golden Globe Award for Best Actress for her work in the film. Tyson was born in Harlem on December 19, 1924. She was discovered by a photographer for Ebony magazine and became a popular fashion model."

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

goreds2 (01-31-2021),Revering4Blue (01-29-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RIP Cloris Leachman and Cicely Tyson

At the age of 50, Ms. Tyson played a 110-year-old woman in "The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman." Turns out she made a good run at that number in real life too.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-29-2021),Kingspoint (01-29-2021),M2 (01-31-2021)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    At the age of 50, Ms. Tyson played a 110-year-old woman in "The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman." Turns out she made a good run at that number in real life too.
    As a youngster, I actually remember watching that TV movie when it debuted.

I also remember her appearance on Saturday Night Live during the Belushi/Aykroyd days. Specifically, the skit featuring Tyson singing Italian songs: Cicely Sings Sicily.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-29-2021),Kingspoint (01-29-2021),marcshoe (01-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Same here. I feel like they actually had us watch it in school, but I could be misremembering.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-29-2021),Revering4Blue (01-31-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post

I also remember her appearance on Saturday Night Live during the Belushi/Aykroyd days. Specifically, the skit featuring Tyson singing Italian songs: Cicely Sings Sicily.
    I remember that movie too! IIRC it was a great performance by her.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-29-2021),Revering4Blue (01-31-2021)

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-01-2021),Kingspoint (01-31-2021),Revering4Blue (01-31-2021),RFS62 (01-31-2021)

Turn Off Ads?