4 OF Jarred Kelenic
    5 OF Julio Y. Rodriguez
    6 LHP MacKenzie Gore
    7 SS Bobby Witt Jr.
    8 SS CJ Abrams
    9 3B Ke'Bryan Hayes
    10 RHP Nate Pearson
    https://www.mlb.com/prospects/top100/
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB Pipeline top 100 prospects

71 RHP Hunter Greene
    Does this mean RTG is dumb again (just kidding)
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Does this mean RTG is dumb again (just kidding)
    It’s ok, I reserve the right to be dumb!

With that said, it was nice to see him get some recognition.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Keith Law of The Athletic has Greene at #28, Jonathan India (88), and Nick Lodolo (100) in the top 100.

I think it’s fair for Greene to still be in the top 50. Garcia definitely should (assuming he still qualifies). Then again, as I’ve said, rankings mean absolutely nothing this offseason- there will be a huge delta six months from now.
    Go BLUE!!!

7. Likes:

nmculbreth (02-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I think it’s fair for Greene to still be in the top 50. Garcia definitely should (assuming he still qualifies). Then again, as I’ve said, rankings mean absolutely nothing this offseason- there will be a huge delta six months from now.
    Garcia is one of the strangest prospects ever. There is absolutely no consensus on him. Seems like half of the baseball industry sees him as a MLB starting SS, the other half see him as just a guy. Usually the truth is somewhere in the middle. We shall see. 2021 is a make or break year for him Imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    It's going to be fun to see how many of these picks look absolutely foolish in six months or so. (Through little fault of the writers/ analysts. They can't help *2020*.)

I'm really interested in seeing what a year of Driveline philosophical development has done for Red minor league pitching. Antone went through a similar program and came out the other side seven mph better. I don't expect many prospects (if any) to find that much in the tank, but I do think they can be much, much more effective with breaking balls, pitch tunneling, and pure stuff to maximize what they do have as a package.

I'm also interested in seeing how guys like Callihan, Hinds, Hendrick, Santana, Tello, Castro, Johnson, Miller, Yang develop. IMO, quite a few of those guys are just completely ignored-- when they shouldn't be. I'm guessing at least three of them get into the conversation as top five Red prospects and two (or more) become top 100 guys overall. (Hendrick is already there in most lists.) Daytona might have a really nice team. (Or they may split them between Daytona and Dayton.)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Garcia is one of the strangest prospects ever. There is absolutely no consensus on him. Seems like half of the baseball industry sees him as a MLB starting SS, the other half see him as just a guy. Usually the truth is somewhere in the middle. We shall see. 2021 is a make or break year for him Imho.
    Yeah, there seems to be some real ambivalence on Garcia, but I think that makes sense. His production was coming along nicely, then there was crazy talk about him in early 2020. When the Reds brought him up to be their starting SS, you had to take notice. Then he just fell on his face spectacularly (6 wRC+ in 68 PA). It's on the Reds and their inability to read their own talent and for putting them in positions to fail (especially with a perfectly fine Galvis there). I think he could be an all star, or he could be a league-average player that you unload once their price tag goes up. There's just been such a crazy range of opinions on him that I think he's likely one of the hardest dudes in the minors to evaluate.

11. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-30-2021)

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I don’t get the gif but I like it because DC.

14. Likes:

marcshoe (01-31-2021)

I don’t get the gif but I like it because DC.
    I was building on your "just a guy" reference.

16. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-31-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I was building on your "just a guy" reference.
    I thought it was bat, as in the Bats.

(But I'm really deep, so there's that.)

18. Likes:

M2 (01-31-2021)

It works with the Bats weaved in too.

BA just released their top 15 LHP prospects and Lodolo wasn’t on the list. Wow.

BA just released their top 15 LHP prospects and Lodolo wasn’t on the list. Wow.
    I can’t say that bothers me too much. We have a basic idea of who Lodolo is and we really haven’t seen a lot of professional game action yet. The rubber will soon meet the road but until then I’m fine with varying projections/ranks.

22. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-01-2021)

Turn Off Ads?