Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The incredible NFL QB carousel of 2021

Re: The incredible NFL QB carousel of 2021

Chase Daniel signs to be the backup in SD. This guy has earned 38 million plus whatever he gets this year to serve as a backup his whole career. It's a great gig of you can pull it off, and he has.

Another winner of the perirenal backup scoring big? - Foles will have amassed $84 million
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

So with the move up to #3 yesterday 49's look to be taking a Qb and moving on from Garoppolo.

Mariota re-did his contract to stay with Raiders. Instead of getting 10 million with an additional 12 million in incentives, he now only gets 3 million and a no trade clause. He was a strong release candidate. Now he gets 3 million guaranteed and can dictate where he goes if traded (and can demand a new contract if someone becomes desperate).

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...irst-round-qb/

Jets trade Sam Darnold to Panthers, gain multiple picks for former first-round QB

The Panthers have since confirmed the trade and noted that they are sending a 2021 sixth-round pick along with second- and fourth-round selections in 2022.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I'd say that all but guarantees the Bengals their choice of Chase, Sewell or Pitts.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

7. Likes:

Todd Gack (04-05-2021)

I like the Panthers trade for Darnold. At 8 they probably weren't getting one of the top guys. This gives them a year to evaluate Darnold and the price wasn't to onerous, and most of the picks are in 2022.

Have to wonder if Bridgewater might head to Houston.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I like the Panthers trade for Darnold. At 8 they probably weren't getting one of the top guys. This gives them a year to evaluate Darnold and the price wasn't to onerous, and most of the picks are in 2022.

They've already picked up his 5th year option, salary projected at about 18.9 million, so they're in with him for at least 2 years unless things go really badly in 2021. I think he's going to do very well, especially with Joe Brady as OC for a year.

Bridgewater has been given permission to seek a trade.

It only took 22 allegations for sponsors to drop Deshaun Watson. Oh how far the #MeToo movement has fallen.

So with the move up to #3 yesterday 49's look to be taking a Qb and moving on from Garoppolo.
    and he was such the hot thing a few years ago. Brady's heir-apparent. Good, capable journeyman QB?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

It just amazes me how many of these highly appraised QBs, who have came out of college in the last 7-8 years and were either drafted #1 or seen as a potential #1's, are now either busts or struggling to stay in the game. And look at what ownership, and the millions and milions they hand to hand out to find that out.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

It used to be be worse before slotting. Last years number one signed for 46 million. Sam Bradford signed for 78.

"So Fla Red"

Darnold was a good trade for the Panthers. Low risk. Out from under the Gase and Jets fog he may do very well in Charlotte. If not, cut bait after the year. The NFC South has the greatest QB need after 2021 so perfect division to try out Darnold for a year with a competent coaching staff.

Was happy he didn't go to the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Was happy he didn't go to the Steelers.
    Very interested to see how Haskins is received in Pittsburgh. He's in a really great spot to sit and learn (and mature) for a year and then take over for Roethlisberger. Chance to do so in one the league's best organizations under one of the best head coaches. He's got the arm talent. It'll be interesting to see if he can grow up in time to nab a golden opportunity.

Alex Smith says stop the carousel I want off. He retires from football. I speculated that Jax and Indy made sense for him as backup spots. He stated today that he did come to Jax to talk about being a backup. Judging from the way Urban talked a couple days ago I don't think Jags doctors cleared him.

Now there's speculation he might come here as QB coach since Schottenheimer was named Passing Game Coordinator and not QB Coach.

Turn Off Ads?