Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Rob Manfred ?

Re: Rob Manfred ?

Increase digital offerings? I already have MLBTV, which is supposed to give me every out of market game, but I’m still finding that if I want to see every game, I also have to sometimes go to Peacock, Amazon Prime, Twitter, and YouTube. And if I want to see the Reds and not pay for cable, I have to shell out $20 a month for Bally, which is more than I pay per month for Netflix, Disney+, and HULU combined!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yup, it’s borderline criminal.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Yup, it’s borderline criminal.
    Nope, just run-of-the-mill late stage capitalism.

MLB tries very hard to ruin their product. I cancelled mlb.tv in April and don't really miss it.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Rob Manfred at end-of-owners-meetings press conference said he did not see the automated strike zone "as a competition committee issue for this year." Unless that were to change then, it's not coming to MLB in 2023. (Rule changes go through a newly formed competition committee)

On the pitch clock, Rob Manfred said, "we are encouraged by the results in the minor leagues." But on both the clock and the shift, he did not go so far as to say he's going to move for it in 2023: "I don't want to prejudge the competition committee process."

As part of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, a Joint Competition Committee comprised of four active players, six members appointed by MLB and one umpire will be tasked with adopting changes to playing rules such as a pitch clock, base size, (defensive positioning the shift) and automatic ball/strike zone.

Manfred said "There’s a strong sense among ownership that an undertaking we’re referring to as ‘MLB Media’ should step into the digital space in particular to provide fans with greater and more flexible opportunities to watch games."

https://mobile.twitter.com/EvanDrell...505027/photo/1
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 06-17-2022 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Rob Manfred says Tampa Bay Rays, Oakland A's need new ballpark deals soon
    Article here:
    https://apnews.com/article/mlb-sport...aac4ed8eadd97a
    This article could have been written 15 years ago, nothing has changed.
    Go Gators!

The 10th inning extra runner appears here to stay
    By R.J. Anderson 10-29-22

Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred addressed several notable topics during an interview on Friday with SiriusXM's Mad Dog Sports Radio channel.

Among the topics hit with Chris Russo is the automatic runner, which Manfred belives may remain part of the rulebook heading forward.

'The clubs like it, the players like it. And I think overall the fans like it," Manfred said, according to USA Today's Bob Nightengale. "I think it does bring sort of a focus to the end of the baseball game in a way that has been positively received."

Whether or not Manfred is correct in his assessment about the popularity of the automatic runner is beside the point. He is correct in his assertion that games tend to end earlier as a result.
    story here:
    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/r...nd-oakland-as/

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    The 10th inning extra runner appears here to stay
    By R.J. Anderson 10-29-22
    story here:
    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/r...nd-oakland-as/
    Ugh!!!

Manfred is the antichrist
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

With the regular season not much more than an extended spring training that only exists to help seed the playoffs, I can understand why they kept this rule for the regular season.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I truly did not think that I would ever dislike a commissioner more than Allan H. Selig. I was wrong. I would welcome Bud back with open arms if he were to return.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

11. Likes:

mth123 (10-29-2022),Ron Madden (10-30-2022)

Rob Manfred says it 'just doesn't look like' A's will remain in Oakland, thinks ghost runner is here to stay

If you are a fan of the Oakland Athletics staying in Oakland and dislike the recently instituted ghost runner, MLB commissioner Rob Manfred has some bad news for you.

During an interview with Chris "Mad Dog" Russo on SiriusXM, Manfred expressed pessimism that the Athletics will be able to figure out a new stadium in Oakland, though he had something different to say about the Tampa Bay Rays' situation:

“I think the A’s have proceeded prudently in terms of exploring the Las Vegas alternative, given the lack of pace in Oakland. I think they have to look for an alternative."

"I see Tampa differently. I think a properly located facility in Tampa, that Tampa's a viable major league market."

When asked if Oakland could leave within the next five years, Manfred said "oh yeah" twice then added "something has to happen, we can't go five more years in the Coliseum."
    story here:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...ay/ar-AA13wqm5
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 10-30-2022 at 10:51 AM.

Terrible just terrible. MLB has become Little League.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

14. Likes:

Big Klu (10-30-2022),mth123 (10-30-2022),Sea Ray (10-31-2022),texasdave (10-30-2022)

Honestly, why shouldn't every inning start with a runner on second base? It may sound like I'm being facetious, but if it is seriously a good idea, then it should be a good idea all the time, and not just in extra innings.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Honestly, why shouldn't every inning start with a runner on second base? It may sound like I'm being facetious, but if it is seriously a good idea, then it should be a good idea all the time, and not just in extra innings.
    Because it’s common in sports to have special rules for overtime play. College football has all the overtime play near the goal line (25 yard line). NFL has a modified sudden death system in which, on the first possession, team can’t win on a field goal. NFL has only one (ten minute) overtime period, except in playoffs. NBA has shorter, five minute overtime and continued overtimes until one team wins.

Baseball games are not measured by a time clock, so they had to come up with a different system for avoiding unreasonably long extra inning games.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-30-2022 at 12:14 PM.

17. Likes:

BoxingRed (10-31-2022),Roy Tucker (10-31-2022)

Rob Manfred doesn't like baseball. Rob Manfred likes money.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Because it’s common in sports to have special rules for overtime play. College football has all the overtime play near the goal line (25 yard line). NFL has a modified sudden death system in which, on the first possession, team can’t win on a field goal. NFL has only one (ten minute) overtime period, except in playoffs. NBA has shorter, five minute overtime and continued overtimes until one team wins.

Baseball games are not measured by a time clock, so they had to come up with a different system for avoiding unreasonably long extra inning games.
    College football OT is terrible too. It cheapens the game and makes a farce of it by how easy they make it to score. I always thought football should have a 10 minute quarter of regular football. Whoever score the most wins. If still tied then leave it a tie.

Basketball plays regular basketball in their five minute OT. They don't resort to a three point shooting contest or a dunk off to decide a game.

I find it interesting that MLB doesn't use the ghost runner in post season. That tells me the powers that be really think its a farce and know settling a game is best played the regular way.

No one is asking me for their advice in MLB, so ghost on the bases will continue. Then I will continue turning off the TV of a tie game after 9 innings of play. I would rather not watch Little League take over at that point.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

20. Likes:

757690 (11-01-2022),Big Klu (10-31-2022),Chip R (10-31-2022),mth123 (10-31-2022),Revering4Blue (10-31-2022),texasdave (10-31-2022),Tuff Nut (10-31-2022)

Turn Off Ads?