Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Season

Re: 2021 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It's the blueprint I was hoping the Bengals would take...draft Ragnow, draft Penei (with a LT already in place, so Penei plays RT for a while before moving over), and then fill in around those two. The Bengals would clearly have a leg up with their QB, but I don't think it matters much what QB or RB is behind an O-Line of this magnitude. So, even with as inept of an organizatioin as the Bengals, I feel the Lions can't screw this one up now. The O-Line of Ragnow, Penei and Decker is Bungle-proof or whatever they call themselves when they are incompetent Lions' Ownership proof. The Fords or the Browns couldn't mess this one up moving forward.

I'm numb to the misery (Blazers' medical tragedies and the REDS since Eric Davis' lacerated kidney). I want to see if I was right, and there will be no better proof that I was than if the Lions, the worst franchise in the NFC over the last 50 years) can get to the Super Bowl.
    Same. I grew up a Bengals and Cubs fan in the 90s (I was born in 87, started watching baseball at 4 and could only watch Cubs games), so those were rough times... It unfortunately didn't really get better as I transitioned to a die hard Reds fan.

In the Bengals' defense, they wanted to draft Ragnow too. The Lions are putting good pieces in place, and Goff has played well behind a good line. But their WRs are one of the worst groups in the league. Williams and Perriman have talent, but it's hard to count on them too much. They definitely have a plan though, and so it'll be interesting to watch them over the next few years. The division also might get easier if Rodgers gets out of GB.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Same. I grew up a Bengals and Cubs fan in the 90s (I was born in 87, started watching baseball at 4 and could only watch Cubs games), so those were rough times... It unfortunately didn't really get better as I transitioned to a die hard Reds fan.

In the Bengals' defense, they wanted to draft Ragnow too. The Lions are putting good pieces in place, and Goff has played well behind a good line. But their WRs are one of the worst groups in the league. Williams and Perriman have talent, but it's hard to count on them too much. They definitely have a plan though, and so it'll be interesting to watch them over the next few years. The division also might get easier if Rodgers gets out of GB.
    That WR corps of theirs is terrible. I knew of Willaims as a UDFA out of Western Oregon. Pats were the only franchise to send a scout to see him. San Diego offered him an invitation to minicamp and since you usually have to pay your own way, why not try to live in San Diego instead of Foxboro? He has blazing speed, but his shoulder injury kept him out a whole year last season. Bottom-line is they have a ton of draft picks the next two years and this year they drafted slow and big Slot Receivers. Goff won't get hit and tbere should be huge running lanes. Fells will be an important target as will Swift.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Mayor of city in Illinois says Bears are 'seriously considering' a move out of Soldier Field and to his town

The Chicago Bears have been playing at Soldier Field since 1971, but that's something that could be changing in the near future. The Bears are apparently thinking about relocating to Arlington Heights, which is a suburb that sits roughly 30 miles outside of Chicago.

For the Bears, the allure of Arlington Heights comes from the fact that the city is about to have 326 acres available where a new stadium could be built. The land is currently occupied by the Arlington Park race track, but that building is likely going to be sold in the coming months with the expectation that the new buyer is going to tear it down and re-develop the site.

During an interview last week, Arlington Heights Mayor Tom Hayes revealed the the Bears were "seriously considering" a move to the site.

"Certainly, the Arlington Park site is available and we would consider the Chicago Bears a great fit for that particular site," Hayes said, via Fox 32 in Chicago. "I think the Bears are seriously considering it because it's such a unique piece of property. It has so much going for it in terms of its location in the northwest suburbs where a lot of their audience is."
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Seems like they just did a facelift on Soldier Field. Hard to even write a paragraph without mention status of their current lease. But they did it.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

There's seems to be a trend of moving/building ballparks outside of downtown. Parking/Traffic alone makes it worth it. Getting in and out of Reds/Bengals games when you want to arrive or leave on time, is frustrating when the team is doing well. I imagine it is far worse in bigger cities like Chicago.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    There's seems to be a trend of moving/building ballparks outside of downtown. Parking/Traffic alone makes it worth it. Getting in and out of Reds/Bengals games when you want to arrive or leave on time, is frustrating when the team is doing well. I imagine it is far worse in bigger cities like Chicago.
    It’s actually super easy to get in and out of Wrigley because of the mass transit system. I love going to games at Wrigley partially because of it. Never been to Soldier.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

8. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    all true, but there is something special about the experience of a big evening/night game in the heart of the city....just more energy. It really depends on the surroundings because as someone mentioned above in regards to Wrigley, it is not downtown Chicago but it is in a great Chicago neighborhood with great energy. In contrast, when you leave a Miami Dolphins game, there are very few signs of Miami and little energy.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

10. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-07-2021),redsfanmia (05-12-2021)

No Aaron Rodgers, no problem. Packers bringing in Chad Kelly for a look!

Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero

The #Packers are bringing in QBs Kurt Benkert and Chad Kelly for this weekend’s rookie minicamp on a tryout basis, per sources.

As Green Bay GM Brian Gutekunst noted after the draft, they'd need an extra arm or two with only 2 QBs on the roster. Benkert, Kelly get a look first.

3:21 PM · May 10, 2021
    I mean he did beat Alabama....that is way more difficult than winning a silly Super Bowl.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Slightly OT, but RIP Colt Brennan. He was the guy who got me into watching college football when I was in HS. Those run-and-shoot Hawaii teams with him and Tommy Chang were so much fun to watch. Before Burrow threw 60 TD's, Brennan held the single season pass TD record with 58 in 2006. He still holds many other records, including completions, completion %, and 400-yard games. I remember watching him in the NFL HoF exhibition game thinking this guy's gonna be a starting NFL QB.

Definitely one of the college greats.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-12-2021),RiverRat13 (05-12-2021)

Jerry Burns died today. He was 94. He was Vince Lombardi’s asst coach for 66-67. Then, he was the Vikings OC from 68-85 for Bud Grant and head coach from 86-91.
    He was the opposite Of Bud Grant, he talked to the media a lot, and cussed more and more the longer he talked. He regularly dropped f’effenheimers in post game media sessions. He always looked liked a crabby Highlander, with messy hair and deeply creased face.
    He was a real character, and I liked him better than Bud, though Bud is the all time best Vikings HC for his consistent success.
    Probably not a HOF’er but a Vikings hero nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    No Aaron Rodgers, no problem. Packers bringing in Chad Kelly for a look!

I mean he did beat Alabama....that is way more difficult than winning a silly Super Bowl.
    They went even further than that.. signed Blake Bortles to a one year deal.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    That is so funny. The Packers' G.M. doesn't understand how stupid he is. The old G.M. who was in charge throughout Rodgers' entire tenure died this January after he had to step "up" to an unofficial position because of a deadly disease. He handpicked his replacement and that clearly didn't sit well with Rodgers as it was in internal promotion where nothing changed. Bengals' fans are so familiar with this.

So, they offer Rodgers a larger long-term contract and then one day later they sign Bortles. Is there something up there in Green Bay that makes someone this stupid?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Titans send a 2nd rounder to Falcons for Julio Jones. One of the bigger trades of the off-season.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Titans send a 2nd rounder to Falcons for Julio Jones. One of the bigger trades of the off-season.
    I think it was a good trade for the Titans, but I am not sure it will really move the needle. The 2021 version of Jones is not the guy that was breaking the league from 2014 - 2018.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

20. Likes:

Chip R (06-09-2021)

Turn Off Ads?