Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Season

Re: 2021 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Lamar doesn't often take a big hit because he's too quick. There are times he gets blindsided or someone hits him while someone else is holding him (or when he's already on the ground), but one on one (or even one on two) he's just not going to get pounded. A guy goes 37-43 for 442 yards with 4 TDs and no INTs (plus 2/2 on 2 point conversions), adds 62 yards on the ground to win a game in OT, and your reaction is that....Lamar is going to be overpaid?!? Amazing.
    I've never seen anyone run the ball as much as Lamar and never get hit. It's crazy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    whoever leaked the emails did the Raiders a favor (gets them out of paying most of that undeserved salary), I hate that Gruden tarnished his mystique to me with this run. Multiple times the offense seemed many times better when Derek Carr just called everything by the seat of his pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    whoever leaked the emails did the Raiders a favor (gets them out of paying most of that undeserved salary), I hate that Gruden tarnished his mystique to me with this run. Multiple times the offense seemed many times better when Derek Carr just called everything by the seat of his pants.
    I just feel like Gruden is basically the fall guy for ownership.

He deserves everything he is getting right now but Dan Snyder should be next.

Jerry Richardson didn’t do half of what happened I. DC under Snyder’s watch and was forced to sell the Panthers.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

5. Likes:

757690 (10-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I just feel like Gruden is basically the fall guy for ownership.

He deserves everything he is getting right now but Dan Snyder should be next.

Jerry Richardson didn’t do half of what happened I. DC under Snyder’s watch and was forced to sell the Panthers.
    Snyder I guess is a close buddy of Goodell. There's no excuse for Snyder to be an owner if they felt what happened in Carolina was beyond the pale. I think the fine is the extent of a slap on the wrist for his buddy. Goodell has already proven he'll tie himself in knots to cover for them, until the other owners make him.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

What he said was wrong; but I think the NFL has a bigger issue if they didn't release the emails. Then who did, and how did they get access to your email system?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

“Stats are for losers.” — Matt LaFleur

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I was yelling at the TV (Baker) numerous times Sunday (lol). If he'd had hit a few of those the game wouldn't have been close IMO. Minnesota's defense, on both sides of the ball, is lower tier (253 Pass, 136 Rush). The Browns had a balanced attack, and the run game exceeded expectations (thankfully). Because Mayfield simply had a bad day. But he didn't turn the ball over in the process. Even he called it "piss poor" (lol). They miss his favorite target (Landry), who will be out till mid-October (minimum).

Browns gonna get tested next three weeks ... Chargers (A), Cardinals (H)(both currently division leaders), then Broncos (H)(tied with Chargers). Going to be interesting.
    Mayfield has that last hurdle to cross that he keeps tripping over.....performing in the clutch. He's ranked 30th among QB's for converting 3rd Downs of medium to long yardage.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-14-2021)

Patriots and Cowboys game has been extremely entertaining!
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

12. Likes:

adkindo (10-17-2021),goreds2 (10-17-2021)

Steelers up 14-0 at halftime. Ben R. Had a good first half. Seattle playing their #2 quarterback.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    Patriots and Cowboys game has been extremely entertaining!
    That was a great game. Hope Dak's injury is minor.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Baltimore might be the only team in the AFC I can envision walking in to Buffalo and winning...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

16. Likes:

Chip R (10-18-2021)

I'm just glad that through it all the Raiders showed up and balled out. I hope they can continue and show Gruden was holding them back offensively.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I'm just glad that through it all the Raiders showed up and balled out. I hope they can continue and show Gruden was holding them back offensively.
    Let's not hope that they "continue" vs the Bengals...

Cowboys looked pretty darn good yet again. Game really was not that close if not for a couple dumb turnovers by the Cowboys in the RedZone (get it...RedsZone LOL). Plus they are gonna get some very important pieces back in the next few weeks like DeMarcus Lawrence, Michael Gallup and La'el Collins

Can't believe the Bill's didn't just kick the FG and go to OT.

Turn Off Ads?