Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Season

Re: 2021 NFL Season

Horrid call in the Chargers-Cowboys game. Refs incorrectly called Chargers QB Herbert down when he clearly was not.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Carson Wentz hurt again.

Talk about someone whose star has fallen.

"So Fla Red"

Chiefs defense is bad. The AFC West could actually be interesting this year.

Love that the Ravens went for it on 4th and 1. Almost every NFL coach plays it "safe" there and watches Mahomes drive down for the winning FG.

6. Likes:

adkindo (09-20-2021),Chip R (09-20-2021)

The NFL shows how serious they are about Covid by not suspending Trai Turner, who spat in another player's face.

I watched MNF last night. It was painful. All fake smiles and zero chemistry. Then around the 2nd quarter I remembered that Peyton and Eli were over on ESPN2. Glad I switched... Those guys were hilarious. Peyton going off for like 5 minutes on the Patriots bugging their locker room was particularly funny.

I highly recommend it and hope they keep it up.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-21-2021),RichRed (09-21-2021),RiverRat13 (09-21-2021),Stray (09-21-2021)

Yeah, the Manning brother broadcast is the best thing ESPN has done in years. It's weird but I don't even mind not having a PBP guy. We can all follow the game on our own and just listen in on the convos. Peyton is fantastic. McAfee was great last night too.

11. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-21-2021),Revering4Blue (09-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Yeah, the Manning brother broadcast is the best thing ESPN has done in years. It's weird but I don't even mind not having a PBP guy. We can all follow the game on our own and just listen in on the convos. Peyton is fantastic. McAfee was great last night too.
    If the Mannings are so popular, why even have a regular announcing crew?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I agree. I just don't think pbp is necessary. Your eyes and the refs tell you everything you need to know. The same is true for baseball too, in my opinion. Bench said the same thing when he was in the booth earlier this season.

Imagine a Reds TV broadcast that was the same format as the Mannings, except is was Bench and Larkin. Guys like Eric Davis, Sean Casey etc would pop in for a Zoom call or whatever from time to time. And they would just talk baseball or anything the felt like talking about as the game went on. Tell me that wouldn't be better than the current format.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If the Mannings are so popular, why even have a regular announcing crew?
    If it were up to me, the Mannings would be on ESPN and the same feed with just the game sounds would be on ESPN2.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 09-21-2021 at 12:25 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

The roof of the Superdome caught fire today.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-catches-fire/
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

And now WVU fans think they have a chance at Arch Manning.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    And now WVU fans think they have a chance at Arch Manning.
    Our chances are similar to 99% of other FBS programs. Who is seen as the leader? I get the feeling that he will not be going to Ole Miss or Tennessee.....feels like a Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, etc. guy?

OT, but speaking of legacies.....I recently saw some film of Noel Devine's oldest son who is a Sophomore at North Fort Meyers High (same high school as Noel and Deion).....and it looked very familiar. I am not saying it was impressive as Devine's high school film because Devine was like a video game in high school on film....but the kid has a similar smallish frame with real power and can escape a tackle in a phone booth. If Noel has any influence, he will be in Morgantown in a few years.
    Last edited by adkindo; 09-23-2021 at 08:04 PM.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Not a great day for Justin Fields and the Bears:

The Bears averaged 1.1 yards per play vs the Browns, the 2nd-fewest by any team in a game this century.
    https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1442225663776329729

Justin Fields is the first QB since the merger (since 1970) to be sacked at least 9 times and throw for fewer than 100 yards in his first career start.
    https://twitter.com/StatsBySTATS/sta...664083460?s=20

I still think he will find success this season, but their line is pretty bad. So is Nagy.
    Last edited by Ohayou; 09-26-2021 at 08:32 PM.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Our chances are similar to 99% of other FBS programs. Who is seen as the leader? I get the feeling that he will not be going to Ole Miss or Tennessee.....feels like a Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, etc. guy?

OT, but speaking of legacies.....I recently saw some film of Noel Devine's oldest son who is a Sophomore at North Fort Meyers High (same high school as Noel and Deion).....and it looked very familiar. I am not saying it was impressive as Devine's high school film because Devine was like a video game in high school on film....but the kid has a similar smallish frame with real power and can escape a tackle in a phone booth. If Noel has any influence, he will be in Morgantown in a few years.
    I’ve seen Georgia and Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

The fall of the Frank "Third" Reich.

Turn Off Ads?