Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Season

Re: 2021 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I think it was a good trade for the Titans, but I am not sure it will really move the needle. The 2021 version of Jones is not the guy that was breaking the league from 2014 - 2018.
    In 2019 he had 1400 yards, definitely not a down year. He had 770 in 2020 in9games, if he wasnt hurt he would of put up similar numbers. This is a great pick up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    In 2019 he had 1400 yards, definitely not a down year. He had 770 in 2020 in9games, if he wasnt hurt he would of put up similar numbers. This is a great pick up.
    The biggest issue with Julio is how often he's not 100%. There have been numerous games over the past few years where he plays minimal snaps or in some cases was merely a decoy. I don't blame him from wanting out of Atlanta, they arent likely going to contend and he was going to quickly become the 3rd option in that passing game. In Tennessee he slides into the role Corey Davis just vacated, they're highly likely to contend, and he should see a good bit of single coverage. As far as a run game goes he just went from Motel 8 to the Ritz-Carlton.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    The biggest issue with Julio is how often he's not 100%. There have been numerous games over the past few years where he plays minimal snaps or in some cases was merely a decoy. I don't blame him from wanting out of Atlanta, they arent likely going to contend and he was going to quickly become the 3rd option in that passing game. In Tennessee he slides into the role Corey Davis just vacated, they're highly likely to contend, and he should see a good bit of single coverage. As far as a run game goes he just went from Motel 8 to the Ritz-Carlton.
    I dont watch the Falcons all that much but his targets tell a different story.

His hamstring injury affected him all last season. In 3 of the 9 games he played he saw 4, 4, and 2 snaps. In 2019 he had a foot injury that preseason and then had a shoulder injury that November. He still saw 150 targets that year. Last year he saw 68 in 9 games. In 2018 he saw 170 targets. These last 3 years what changed was Atlanta became a worse overall team and found themselves playing in shootouts and from behind, resulting in more passing attempts which resulted in more targets for Julio. If you look at this site - https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/pl...lio-jones/4692 - it shows you his injury history. What makes this concerning is he's 32 and entering his 11th NFL season. He could easily go out and get 1,600 and 12, I don't doubt that being in the realm of possibility one bit, but based on his history, how many games he's put on his body, and his age the potential for another injury is there.

As for Atlanta, Ridley took the reigns last year as the #1. This was helped out by Julio being hobbled but it's clear Atlanta is comfortable with him being the top guy along with newly acquired TE Kyle Pitts, who only made Julio more expendable.

If Julio can stay healthy and effective he (and the Titans O) could be in for a legendary season. Choosing between single coverage on Julio and/or AJ or a light box against Henry is going to cause a lot of defensive coordinators to lose sleep.

6. Likes:

Thisyear (06-08-2021)

AJ Green fell of a cliff as injuries sapped his ability to separate...Jones is still getting good separation so I would think he will be a safe bet for the Titans...I like the move as long as his legs hold up.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I mostly just watch him against the Bucs, and he use to destroy our defense. He did not play in either game last year, and was not much of a factor in either game the previous year. He was clearly the best or among the top few receivers for about 5 seasons....he is no longer that guy. Time will tell, and like I said I think it was a good trade for the Titans...but I am not convinced it will result in more wins.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

This is unprecedented, right?

The NFL just informed clubs that if a game cannot be rescheduled during the 18-week season in 2021 due to a COVID outbreak among unvaccinated players, the team with the outbreak will FORFEIT and be credited with a loss for playoff seeding, per sources.
    https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...5Es1_&ref_url=

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Everything about covid is unprecedented.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

11. Likes:

Chip R (07-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Requiring a vaccine that hasn't been fully vetted by the FDA sounds like a lawsuit to me.

But of course, that's not what they are doing. There's saying if you get sick, you forfeit the game and your paycheck. Not sure about the legality of that either.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Everything about covid is unprecedented.
    As I read it, even the vaccinated players who did not test positive will forfeit their salaries. In fact, even the "winning" team will forfeit their salaries. This involves too much money to not involve a lawsuit. I don't see this flying legally. Of course there's really no basis for a lawsuit unless the league follows through on their threat so we'll have to see how this plays out. I do not know what constitutes grounds for a game not to be played

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...deshaun-watson

Watson to Denver for:

2022 first round pick
    2022 second round pick
    2023 first round pick
    2023 third round pick
    2024 second round pick
    Drew Lock
    Tim Patrick

Watson to Philadelphia for:

2022 first round pick
    2022 second round pick
    2023 first round pick
    2023 third round pick
    2024 second round pick
    Jalen Hurts
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Requiring a vaccine that hasn't been fully vetted by the FDA sounds like a lawsuit to me.

But of course, that's not what they are doing. There's saying if you get sick, you forfeit the game and your paycheck. Not sure about the legality of that either.
    What is the FDA going to do; get test subjects and inject some with the vaccine and some with a placebo and see what happens? There's been millions of vaccines given over the past 6 months with very few long-term adverse effects. I'd say there's plenty of evidence there that it's safe.

As for the NFL, since they are a private business, they can make their own rules. It's a violation of the 5th amendment to submit to mandatory drug testing but the league and the players have collectively bargained to allow it. The NFLPA isn't putting up a fuss over this because the vast majority of its members have been vaccinated. Both they and the league are in agreement that they don't want the postponements that happened last season. The players have a choice: They can get vaccinated or face the possible consequences. I don't think it's going to go down too well in the locker room if a team has to not only forfeit not only a game but a game check because of "Mah rights"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...deshaun-watson

Watson to Denver for:

2022 first round pick
    2022 second round pick
    2023 first round pick
    2023 third round pick
    2024 second round pick
    Drew Lock
    Tim Patrick

Watson to Philadelphia for:

2022 first round pick
    2022 second round pick
    2023 first round pick
    2023 third round pick
    2024 second round pick
    Jalen Hurts
    I can't see any NFL team trading that much for Watson, especially while he is under the current legal cloud of criminal accusations. I don't believe the Broncos or Eagles would make that trade, even if the Titans threw in Trevor Bauer.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

17. Likes:

RiverRat13 (07-26-2021)

I'm just stunned that teams are still willing to trade for Watson in spite of what he's facing.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I'm just stunned that teams are still willing to trade for Watson in spite of what he's facing.
    That remains to be seen. All we've seen is an asking price. Askin' and gettin' are two different things

20. Likes:

Chip R (07-26-2021)

Turn Off Ads?