Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 80 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Season

Re: 2021 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Baker Mayfield played really poorly vrs the Vikings. He missed a bunch of open receivers, and frequently looked clueless in reading the defense.
    Did not display much leadership or athleticism. And I thought his O-line is pretty good, at least for running plays.
    And Higgins is better than OBJ. Just a one game take on these guys, as I don’t watch every week.
    I was yelling at the TV (Baker) numerous times Sunday (lol). If he'd had hit a few of those the game wouldn't have been close IMO. Minnesota's defense, on both sides of the ball, is lower tier (253 Pass, 136 Rush). The Browns had a balanced attack, and the run game exceeded expectations (thankfully). Because Mayfield simply had a bad day. But he didn't turn the ball over in the process. Even he called it "piss poor" (lol). They miss his favorite target (Landry), who will be out till mid-October (minimum).

Browns gonna get tested next three weeks ... Chargers (A), Cardinals (H)(both currently division leaders), then Broncos (H)(tied with Chargers). Going to be interesting.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

What a sea of silver and black in LA last night.

The NFL is stubborn and while Goodell took care of his buddy Stan Kroenke with a sweetheart move to the #2 market, the NFL and Alex Spanos all look like buffoons with a fun Chargers team now being a homeless team without a fanbase in LA while the regional favorite Raiders are playing in Las Vegas.

Was darn near criminal to have the Chargers leave San Diego

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-05-2021),Rojo Rijo (10-05-2021)

So, kind of lost in the whole Urban Meyer situation, the WFT head trainer has been out on leave due to a criminal investigation by the DEA.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-investigation
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    So, kind of lost in the whole Urban Meyer situation, the WFT head trainer has been out on leave due to a criminal investigation by the DEA.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-investigation
    He graduated from the University of Miami and worked for the Dolphins for a long time which may or not be relevant given all the performance enhancing drug and lab scandals emanating from the-305.

Would be nice if Stephon Gilmore would like to spend a few months in Tampa....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Bucs becoming the Yankees of the NFL?

9. Likes:

ScotlandRed (10-06-2021)

Until Brady retires, whenever that may be, yes.

"So Fla Red"

Fall and Winter back home in Charlotte

Apparently he has his offseason home in the same neighborhood as the Panthers GM

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Jaylon Smith to the Packers.

A double punt by the Seahawks? Huh? How is that allowed?

It was because they said he was behind the line of scrimmage at the time of the 2nd kick.

The 2nd one went over 60 yards snd Seattle actually ended up benefiting from having the first one blocked.

What a weird play.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    A double punt by the Seahawks? Huh? How is that allowed?

I thought the rule was you can punt it anytime you want behind the line of scrimmage. And I also thought there was an obscure rule where if it went through the uprights you get a point, but I could be wrong about that one.

EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong about the 2nd one. I was thinking of the Fair Catch Kick:

http://www.quirkyresearch.com/footba...kick-attempts/
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Thought Geno Smith looked really solid last night coming in for Wilson. I continue to believe the narrative about him is misleading....and he is capable of being a NFL starter.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Russ is out 4-8 Weeks......Geno will get a chance to prove himself.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

"So Fla Red"

Russ is out 4-8 Weeks......Geno will get a chance to prove himself.
    Teams will go back to watch old tapes on Geno and his tendencies and be ready so let's see what happens. The lucky Steelers get the Seahawks next week minus Wilson...

Dang the Giants lost Jones, Barkley and Golladay in the first half against the Cowboys.

Turn Off Ads?