Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 80 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Season

Re: 2021 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He's a game manager. As a Browns fan, don't worry about his injury. It won't hurt you that much. Is he mediocre to poor? Well, he's in the bottom half of NFL starting QBs IMO
    Again, due to injury (LOL). You don't want to seem to acknowledge, or take into account, how this shoulder injury has seriously affected his '21 performance. He shouldn't be out there IMO. Also, he's been without some of his key playmakers like Landry, Beckham is also nursing a gimpy shoulder, and Njoku knee.

Yet Baker wasn't "bottom half" last season....

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/p...as-one-of-best
    Last edited by GAC; 10-26-2021 at 05:21 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

My guess is that they let him walk and they go for a veteran like DeShawn Watson. Would Aaron Rodgers play there? Probably not but worth kicking the tires
    The Browns, or any team for that matter, don't want any part of Watson who is under an NFL investigation, a criminal inquiry, and more than 20 civil suits. At some point he won't be playing. Want no part of whiny ass Aaron Rodgers either (lol). Let him keep doing his State Farm commercials (lol).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Again, due to injury (LOL). You don't want to seem to acknowledge, or take into account, how this shoulder injury has seriously affected his '21 performance. He shouldn't be out there IMO. Also, he's been without some of his key playmakers like Landry, Beckham is also nursing a gimpy shoulder, and Njoku knee.

Yet Baker wasn't "bottom half" last season....

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/p...as-one-of-best
    I agree he's hurt this year so I'm not judging him on 2021. Sound fair?

Last year he was ranked 18th (bottom half):

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...20/passing.htm

Rodgers
    Wilson
    Brady
    Prescott
    Burrow
    Herbert
    Lawrence
    Mahomes
    Stafford
    Josh Allen
    Lamar Jackson
    Murray
    Carr
    Tannehill
    Mac Jones
    Cousins

None of the above QBs would be traded by their respective teams one for one for Mayfield

The Browns, or any team for that matter, don't want any part of Watson who is under an NFL investigation, a criminal inquiry, and more than 20 civil suits. At some point he won't be playing. Want no part of whiny ass Aaron Rodgers either (lol). Let him keep doing his State Farm commercials (lol).
    As a Bengal fan, I hope the Browns management agrees with you. My fear is that they'll see that they're one good QB away from reaching the Super Bowl and aggressively go get one. My hope is that they keep Baker and give him tons of money to do so.

I couldn't believe my luck the day the Browns drafted Baker and I said so at the time. I am sooo glad the Browns are the Browns and didn't draft Josh Allen that yr. Whew!

Yeah if I’m the Browns I trade for Watson and try to get him out there this Sunday.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

There will be a team that takes a chance on Watson. But anyway I feel the Browns need an upgrade at QB, jmho.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    There will be a team that takes a chance on Watson. But anyway I feel the Browns need an upgrade at QB, jmho.
    Most people see that. But this is GAC. Rose colored glasses and all. I'll leave it at that

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Most people see that. But this is GAC. Rose colored glasses and all. I'll leave it at that
    GAC is just passionate about his Browns. Nothing wrong with that.

Cleveland can make a Super Bowl with Baker I just feel their odds greatly increase of reaching it with an upgrade at QB.

10. Likes:

GAC (10-27-2021)

As a Bengal fan, I hope the Browns management agrees with you. My fear is that they'll see that they're one good QB away from reaching the Super Bowl and aggressively go get one. My hope is that they keep Baker and give him tons of money to do so.

I couldn't believe my luck the day the Browns drafted Baker and I said so at the time. I am sooo glad the Browns are the Browns and didn't draft Josh Allen that yr. Whew!
    They would have ruined Josh Allen.

Stefanskis system masks weaknesses for QBs to the point Case Keenum will likely adequately be able to run the offense while Mayfield is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Looks like the Dolphins and Texans have agreed to a deal for Watson but Miami is wanting the legal issues resolved first:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...sues-resolved/
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    They would have ruined Josh Allen.

Stefanskis system masks weaknesses for QBs to the point Case Keenum will likely adequately be able to run the offense while Mayfield is out.
    Is that Stefanski's system or is he running a system that fits his personnel? I think it's the latter but regardless, I agree with your bottom line that losing Matfield isn't going to hurt them too much, if at all

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Looks like the Dolphins and Texans have agreed to a deal for Watson but Miami is wanting the legal issues resolved first:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...sues-resolved/
    I can't imagine all his legal issues will be settled by next week. Without the legal issues all kinds of teams would be after him.

I agree he's hurt this year so I'm not judging him on 2021. Sound fair?

Last year he was ranked 18th (bottom half):

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...20/passing.htm
    Basing your position on one cherry-picked stat (passing yardage), where, yes, he was 18th, is not a sound or objective way to give an overall evauation of QB performance. And I think you know that. The Browns are a run-oriented offense.

The PFF source I posted earlier doesn't agree with you, and uses a far greater range of advanced statistical analytics on players through observation, and charting, tracking, and grading every player on every play in every game. While imperfect, even ESPN’s Total Quarterback Rating (Total QBR) put him in very high level company in 2020 .... https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021...t-2020-season/

It has nothing to do with rose-colored glasses (lol). It's based on his vast improvement in '20 and leading the team to an 11-5 record and first post-season in almost 20 years. Something you blindly deny when one looks at the numbers. Show me where there was some sort of consensus among the "experts" in the pre-season coming out claiming the Brown's have a huge weakness at QB and need to upgrade if they want to get anywhere?

The Browns brought in a head coach whose offensive scheme is far more balanced, yet still dependent on the running game mixed in with some play action. It's not a scheme dependent upon a Brady, Rodgers, etc., who throw for close to 5,000/season.

If Baker ends up failing, then he fails. Unlike you, I don't always have to be right (lol). But his, and the team's, struggles this year is not because of a lack of talent or ability, or because Baker Mayfield sucks - but injury. Lots of injuries.

But if the Browns can start to get healthy at the O-line, RBs, and elsewhere, then I see no reason why a Keenum - who was brought here for this very reason - can not succeed. To me, that's more of a credit to Stefanski and the scheme he's implemented.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-27-2021 at 06:53 AM.

18. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (10-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    GAC is just passionate about his Browns. Nothing wrong with that.

Cleveland can make a Super Bowl with Baker I just feel their odds greatly increase of reaching it with an upgrade at QB.
    Thank you. But since retired three years, and all this "political, woke" stuff hitting the NFL, my "passion" for the Browns (NFL) has been tempered. Follow college more. I'm just not going to throw a QB overboard because of injury to himself and several key players that have made '21 very rough early... or because SeaRay says so (lol). How can one properly evaluate a QB's performance when incurring a shoulder injury, and trying to play through? I'm basing my position on Mayfield on last season's success, and not an injury marred '21. Mayfield should not play another game, but get surgery and ready for next season.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-27-2021 at 07:18 AM.

Turn Off Ads?