Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Season

Re: 2021 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Sounds like the 49ers are going with Jones or Lance. Probably Jones. If so, they traded a lot to go up and get a guy who may have been there anyway at 12.
    Lynch goes after what he wants. He sorts through the pieces afterwards. There's usually waste involved.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Lynch goes after what he wants. He sorts through the pieces afterwards. There's usually waste involved.
    Except from everything I’ve read this pick is Shanahans baby. I think it’s Jones.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Chiefs trade for OL Orlando Brown.

In case anyone wonders what it looks like when a team sees a problem with their offensive line, and actually addresses it.
    What they have done with the O-Line reminds me of when the Seahawks needed a QB and they traded away a costly 2nd Rd pick for a journeyman backup/2nd tier starter, signed through Free Agency a Journeyman backup and drarfted a 3rd Rounder, and then let them play it out in camp to see who wins. They were almost gauranteed to get one above average QB out of the three. They only got one, but they got one, which was the goal.

The Chiefs had needs at two spots and could use upgrades at three others, they had to let three others walk who were good, not great, because they couldn't afford them, and then they went out and got the best LT on the market (Thuney) before Free Agency officially opened, added another two starters through Free Agency (Blythe and Long) who is average/above average and traded for an above average LT who can play LT or RT in Brown. Bookended by Thuney and Brown with Kyle Long, Blythe and returning Center Kilgore (average), they are pretty set. They can focus their first four rounds on Defense, using a 5th Rd on a Center/G.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Except from everything I’ve read this pick is Shanahans baby. I think it’s Jones.
    It might be Shanahan's preferred pick, but Lynch has the final say. I don't think he'd push in that many chips on someone else's opinion if he didn't agree with it. Lynch made the Garrappolo trade eight months after he took over, so you could say he owes Shanahan one, or vice-versa if Shanahan talked him into that one.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-26-2021 at 09:57 PM.

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-28-2021)

I think the 49ers want to move to #2 and will overpay the Jets to get there.

They could offer Garrapolo ($54M Guaranteed/2 yrs) for Connor McGovern ($17M G/2 yrs and a sub-average 62 PFF Rating last season) and George Fant ($17M G/2yrs and a sub-average 62 PFF Rating last season), the #3 pick, a 2nd Rd 2021 pick and a 1st Rd 2022 pick.

The JETS just spent $108M in Guaranteed money for Carl Lawson, C.J. Moseley and Corey Davis (head-scratcher). They need to start winning some games, and Garrapolo keeps them from throwing a Rookie QB in as a Starter Day 1 in New York City. Best to groom him for a year. Crowder's contract comes off the books next season, while Garrapolo's comes off in two years. Having another $28M to spend two years from now and an extra 2nd this year and 1st next year isn't a bad way to build around the #3 overall pick. There are still Guards in Free Agency and a good Center they can add.

49er's would still have a 2nd and two 3rd's in next years draft and a 1st, 2nd, and two 3rd's the year after that.

That extra 1st Round pick next year gives the Jets another player they can control for six years. That's huge, except for the last year, which would be a franchise tag, but it's still an option.

Would JETS' fans really be upset with this move?
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-26-2021 at 10:27 PM.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-28-2021),WVRed (04-27-2021)

I don't think the 49's want to move up. But if I'm Jets I say give me the picks and keep Garofalo and his bloated contract. I'll take the picks and take Fields at 3 and take my chances.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

10. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (04-28-2021)

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    The #Bucs are bringing back WR Antonio Brown per @MikeGarafolo and @TomPelissero, giving him a 1-year deal worth $3.1M.

8:01 AM · Apr 28, 2021
    Per ESPN...

Brown's deal could be worth up to $6.25 million, his agent said. He is guaranteed $3.1 million, including a $2 million signing bonus.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I guess Brown figures he can get away with his push-offs while under Brady's wing.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Who knows if this is true or just teams putting out misinformation, but Peter Schrager said that a knock that teams have on Justin Fields is that he didn't beat out Jake Fromm at Georgia. A team holding the foolish offensive personnel decision of a terrible offensive coach against Fields would be incredibly dumb. Fields may deserve to be below the other 4 top QBs, but not beating out Fromm can't be a reason. Kirby Smart's offensive philosophy is so conservative and outdated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Who knows if this is true or just teams putting out misinformation, but Peter Schrager said that a knock that teams have on Justin Fields is that he didn't beat out Jake Fromm at Georgia. A team holding the foolish offensive personnel decision of a terrible offensive coach against Fields would be incredibly dumb. Fields may deserve to be below the other 4 top QBs, but not beating out Fromm can't be a reason. Kirby Smart's offensive philosophy is so conservative and outdated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe I alluded to this either here or another thread. Not because he didn’t beat out Fromm but because he put in for a hardship waiver to get out of Athens.

Doesn’t matter anyways with the NCAA going to over-glorified free agency.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Steelers are looking at four players:

Najee Harris
    Javonte Williams
    Landon Dickerson
    Zaven Collins

As a Bengals fan, please be Dickerson.

This is one whopper of a rumor if it's even close to true.

Rob Demovsky
    @RobDemovsky

This is NOT true, I'm told by a source with direct knowledge.

Repeat NOT true. NO CALLS, per source.
    Bill Michaels @Bill_Michaels

The @49ers have offered the @packers the 3rd overall pick in this year's draft, plus other picks and a number of players from their current roster including Garoppolo
    for Aaron Rodgers.
    The Packers turned them down.
    First reported by @PAOnTheMic and confirmed by others.
    8:29am · 29 Apr 2021
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....
    12:19pm · 29 Apr 2021

I like Rodgers but he sure loves his drama and attention. Been that way since he slid in the draft.

Rodgers doesn't have or do drama. He's the complete opposite. He's put up with the crap the Packers have given him for years and has put up with it never ever making any waves about it.

It's time for them to separate.

DEN, SF and LVR are his choices.

That makes for an immediate bidding war as all three covet him and will do almost anything to make it happen now. Green Bay can get 100% more, twice as much for Rodgers over the next couple hours than they can get for him at any point in the future. They can literally get a tremendous hall of assets. Once again, Aaron Rodgers is doing the Green Bay Packers a huge favor. If a deal doesn't happen in the next two hours, it's only because Green Bay management is too stupid to take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Turn Off Ads?