Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Former NFL coach Marty Schottenheimer, top 10 in all-time wins, dies at 77

Former NFL coach Marty Schottenheimer, top 10 in all-time wins, dies at 77

A sad day. The man was not only a great coach, but a solid human being. Just ask anyone who played for him. RIP Marty

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...heimer-dies-77
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-10-2021),Kingspoint (02-11-2021),Revering4Blue (02-10-2021),Roy Tucker (02-16-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Former NFL coach Marty Schottenheimer, top 10 in all-time wins, dies at 77

The Washington Post wasn't impressed. Their initial headline on the story: "Marty Schottenheimer, NFL coach whose teams wilted in the postseason, dies at 77."

I always liked him. I liked that style of play he coached although it didn't bring him any success in the playoffs. He got a raw deal the lone year he had in DC. IIRC Washington got off to a terrible start but they rallied to go 8-8 and he looked like he may have been building something. But he didn't get along with Little Danny Snyder and that was the end for him. RIP to Marty Shottenheimer. Thanks for a lot of good football watching.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I always liked him. I liked that style of play he coached although it didn't bring him any success in the playoffs. He got a raw deal the lone year he had in DC. IIRC Washington got off to a terrible start but they rallied to go 8-8 and he looked like he may have been building something. But he didn't get along with Little Danny Snyder and that was the end for him. RIP to Marty Shottenheimer. Thanks for a lot of good football watching.
    Marty's 2001 Washington team started off 0-5, then finished 8-8 like you said. This is identical to what happened in Joe Gibbs' first year, when he started 0-5 and finished 8-8. I've always said if Snyder had owned the team then, he would've probably fired Joe Gibbs too. To add insult to injury, Snyder ran Marty off, only to bring in Steve Spurrier. But I digress with my bitter trip down memory lane.

I always liked Marty S., may he RIP.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

7. Likes:

GAC (02-11-2021),Revering4Blue (02-10-2021)

Turn Off Ads?