Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dumpster Diving 2021

Re: Dumpster Diving 2021

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Is Wi;;ie Adams no longer an option?
    He is, but they're asking for a full colon and an exclamation mark in return, and the Reds want to send two question marks.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Likes:

Big Klu (02-14-2021),Revering4Blue (02-14-2021),WrongVerb (02-14-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

stop making trades with the dodgers. even when it's a 3-team trade and they're involved, we end up getting scrubs like peraza and schebler. (and don't even get me started on jeter downs and josiah gray.)

also, it's hilarious that anyone would think the dodgers would give any rips about paying a luxury tax of $14M. pocket change for them.
    Last edited by JFLegal; 02-14-2021 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    stop making trades with the dodgers. even when it's a 3-team trade and they're involved, we end up getting scrubs like peraza and schebler. (and don't even get me started on jeter downs and josiah gray.)

also, it's hilarious that anyone would think the dodgers would give any rips about paying a luxury tax of $14M. pocket change for them.
    It’s not the money. At this level, they will drop 10 spots in the draft next year.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It’s not the money. At this level, they will drop 10 spots in the draft next year.
    That doesn't mean much of anything when you're not picking in the Top 5-10, depending on the year.

There's no real difference between #25 and #35.

7. Likes:

HokieRed (02-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    That doesn't mean much of anything when you're not picking in the Top 5-10, depending on the year.

Yup.

I think the Dodgers came to the realization they could pay $14 million in tax and pick 39th instead of 29th, which is basically the same value at that point in the draft (a total crapshoot).

Was talking to my brother the Dodgers fan about this. He thinks the Dodgers want to make sure they win this year to put a pin in any talk 2020 doesn’t really count the same as other championships. I think he’s right. If anything, I think the Dodgers could add more.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

9. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (02-15-2021),ochoa30 (02-14-2021),REDREAD (02-16-2021),Revering4Blue (02-15-2021),Wonderful Monds (02-15-2021)

The Dodgers watched the Padres make all those moves earlier in the off-season, turned around and said alright, hold my beer!

11. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (02-15-2021),Revering4Blue (02-15-2021)

Another name to consider is Santiago Espinal. He's possibly an average shortstop who is blocked by Semien and Bichette on the Blue Jays.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (02-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post

I am guessing there is data that reveals what the difference has been over the years and the Dodgers have that. While it definitely isn’t the same as the difference between $1 and #10, or #10 and #20, it’s a difference. Maybe it’s not enough for the Dodgers to worry about, we will see.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think Lowrie signed with the A’s a couple days ago.

As for the rest of this list: might as well just roll with Garcia.
    I'm almost leaning this way. His defense is there. It's his bat (maturity) that's the issue. I don't put much credence in the small window he played last season. Tells me very little what the future player may look like. He got a taste. Because the kid has shown he can hit ay the minor league level. If they can't find a SS, then I'd rather roll with the punches, play Garcia, and go from there. Haven't they done this in the past? Especially with some of their young pitchers.

I'll take that over a platoon of Blandino, Farmer, and Snyder, when you already know what to expect from them offensively.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

16. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post

Downs and Gray have not played a pitch in the majors. When they become anything of note in the majors, light the Reds up. Who here thought that Kemp would forget how to hit, Puig until his month on fire would have the worst year of his career and Wood, who most forget was the best player in the deal and projected as the Reds number one starter in 2019, would get hurt. The Dodgers didn’t burn the Reds there...it was just a crap happens situation.

I don’t even think Kemp forgot to hit. I borderline think he intentionally failed at hitting to get DFA’d. He made it very clear he had no interest in playing in Cincinnati and was disgruntled about it. I lost all respect in him as a baseball player when all that drama went down.

19. Likes:

Old school 1983 (02-15-2021),Revering4Blue (02-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don’t even think Kemp forgot to hit. I borderline think he intentionally failed at hitting to get DFA’d. He made it very clear he had no interest in playing in Cincinnati and was disgruntled about it. I lost all respect in him as a baseball player when all that drama went down.
    That could very well have been the case too. If it was, he needed to clearly express that and ask for a release.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    That could very well have been the case too. If it was, he needed to clearly express that and ask for a release.
    He did when he turned to an opposing player and said “man, I don’t even know why I’m here”

**** that guy.

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-15-2021),texasdave (02-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Yes. The shame is that Kemp had an opportunity to regain some luster here, and be pursued by a contender at the deadline. He has pretty much dropped off the face of the earth at this point.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

24. Likes:

Old school 1983 (02-15-2021),Revering4Blue (02-15-2021)

The Reds don't even seem to be dumpster diving at this point but rather looking behind the dumpster in the hopes a slice of pizza flew over and landed on the ground.

I was hoping for a couple of relievers on minor league deals at this point or even a Trevor Rosenthal type.

Turn Off Ads?