Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Incoming snowpocalypse in Cincinnati Monday night

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Incoming snowpocalypse in Cincinnati Monday night

We’ve had a winter storm watch set for Sunday night into Tuesday all day, and I know the forecast has called for 4-8 inches, but WCPO just tweeted out a whopper of a potential snowstorm for around then:

https://twitter.com/TanyaORourke/sta...38817216053251

I think 17 inches would be the most it’s ever snowed around here in my lifetime.
    Last edited by Wonderful Monds; 02-12-2021 at 05:31 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Incoming snowpocalypse in Cincinnati Monday night

I checked weather.com earlier, and they're showing up to 22 inches between Sunday night and end of day Thursday
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

We're getting about a foot in Portland and we don't do salt trucks at all and have limited plows

I have 23 loaves of white bread, six gallons of milk and three dozen eggs. I'm not sure what drives us Buckeyes and Hoosiers to wipe out the supply of those things when snow is on the way, except irrational fear of running out of french toast. But I'm ready, so the rest of the neighborhood can suck it.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I have 23 loaves of white bread, six gallons of milk and three dozen eggs. I'm not sure what drives us Buckeyes and Hoosiers to wipe out the supply of those things when snow is on the way, except irrational fear of running out of french toast. But I'm ready, so the rest of the neighborhood can suck it.
    It's not just midwesterners that do that. We get a forecast for 3-4 inches and its nuts at the grocery. Every few years we get a foot or more, and there is no food left for weeks in the stores once the forecast is made.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    We’ve had a winter storm watch set for Sunday night into Tuesday all day, and I know the forecast has called for 4-8 inches, but WCPO just tweeted out a whopper of a potential snowstorm for around then:

https://twitter.com/TanyaORourke/sta...38817216053251

I think 17 inches would be the most it’s ever snowed around here in my lifetime.
    Was that the one back in the 90s?

I was in High School. I remember walking outside at some point and the snow came up above my knees.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Was that the one back in the 90s?

I was in High School. I remember walking outside at some point and the snow came up above my knees.
    The record one day snowfall for Cincinnati from 1916 to present was 11.8 inches on February 4, 1998.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

A rule I don't follow often enough is to get outside whenever it snows. Don't let a snowfall like that go to waste.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

10. Likes:

GAC (02-14-2021)

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

12. Likes:

jimbo (02-14-2021),Revering4Blue (02-15-2021),SunDeck (02-19-2021),WrongVerb (02-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    A rule I don't follow often enough is to get outside whenever it snows. Don't let a snowfall like that go to waste.
    I wish I was a kid again, and not in my mid-60s (LOL). Not just going sledding, with all the hills around here, but I raked it in shoveling sidewalks. Kids don't seem to want to do that these days.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

14. Likes:

goreds2 (02-15-2021)

You need more eggs. Especially if you plan to make french toast.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I wish I was a kid again, and not in my mid-60s (LOL). Not just going sledding, with all the hills around here, but I raked it in shoveling sidewalks. Kids don't seem to want to do that these days.
    My parents have had a high school kid do their landscaping/shoveling for a few years. He is a senior this year and has about 10 other kids working off and on for him. He told my mom he made $50k in 2020. There are still some hustlers out there.

17. Likes:

GAC (02-15-2021),goreds2 (02-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    It's not just midwesterners that do that. We get a forecast for 3-4 inches and its nuts at the grocery. Every few years we get a foot or more, and there is no food left for weeks in the stores once the forecast is made.
    My wife sent me a pic of 95% of the bread was sold out at the local Kroger. I keep thinking the general public is generally smarter than people think, but these type of events really make me rethink things.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    My parents have had a high school kid do their landscaping/shoveling for a few years. He is a senior this year and has about 10 other kids working off and on for him. He told my mom he made $50k in 2020. There are still some hustlers out there.
    You mean entrepeneurs! LOL

20. Likes:

RiverRat13 (02-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    But what did he tell the IRS?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Turn Off Ads?