Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The Rotation

Re: The Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think most likely Romano gets DFA’d when Gray comes back, Hoffman to bullpen, JDL stays in rotation. I would bet both will get another start regardless.
    I think this might be flipped just on the basis that Hoffman has significantly more experience starting than JDL.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

The way they had Romano eating up innings in the 3 blowouts says to me it will be him shipped out

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    The way they had Romano eating up innings in the 3 blowouts says to me it will be him shipped out
    Agree, although sometimes a guy who can be “overused” is valuable. Two consecutive blow out games, use him both times, find and dandy.

But in the end I do agree he’s the likely candidate to go when Gray or Lorenzen comes back. If both come back soon, they’ll need another candidate to be sent out as well.

Good problem to have, hope Reds must make a tough call because everyone is pitching well.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Agree, although sometimes a guy who can be “overused” is valuable. Two consecutive blow out games, use him both times, find and dandy.

But in the end I do agree he’s the likely candidate to go when Gray or Lorenzen comes back. If both come back soon, they’ll need another candidate to be sent out as well.

Good problem to have, hope Reds must make a tough call because everyone is pitching well.
    By the time both are ready to come back, they will have someone with an ouchie who could use a few days on the IR/IL

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Cionel and JDL are the only relievers with an option remaining, I believe.

If Miley goes out and gets shelled, they have plenty of rested arms available. Cionel probably gets the day off.
    I just wasn’t worried about the game today. Hopefully it’s a non issue. I was more worried about going forward. I wonder how long of a leash he’d get before the Reds just say well eat the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    I just wasn’t worried about the game today. Hopefully it’s a non issue. I was more worried about going forward. I wonder how long of a leash he’d get before the Reds just say well eat the contract.
    Miley would likely be used as a slop/swingman if he has a really bad April. If he's healthy I doubt they'd completely give up on him until the stretch run.

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

Isn't it nice to have to make such a decision? It seems that recently the Reds were the team that had very little help in AAA and some in the MLB bullpen were AAAA pitchers at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

Definitely agree on valuable but I would also argue fungible.

Like you said, fingers crossed, good problem to have since everyone is doing so well

Originally posted this in the Hoffman thread, but it belongs here:

So far, Hoffman, DeLeon and Miley have a combined 1.68 ERA with 21K’s and 3 walks in 16 IP.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

12. Likes:

Edd Roush (04-07-2021),Griffey012 (04-07-2021),Old school 1983 (04-06-2021),SirFelixCat (04-06-2021),StRedlegs900 (04-07-2021)

JDL has an option I believe, the Reds would probably like to keep those guys stretched out in case they are needed as starters. We DFA Sal when you don’t need to yet?

I’m guessing that JDL goes down, the tough call might come when Lorenzen returns.

14. Likes:

Edd Roush (04-07-2021),SoTxRedsFan (04-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Red X View Post
    JDL has an option I believe, the Reds would probably like to keep those guys stretched out in case they are needed as starters. We DFA Sal when you don’t need to yet?

I’m guessing that JDL goes down, the tough call might come when Lorenzen returns.
    Sal gets DFA'd when Lorenzen returns. JDL goes down for Sonny's return. Cam Bedrosian seems to me the lowest man on the bullpen after Sal
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

I am reasonably confident Sal will clear waivers.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

17. Likes:

757690 (04-07-2021),Old school 1983 (04-07-2021),sdwagers (04-07-2021)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    Kyle Farmer on Luis Castillo today: "He was throwing wiffleballs up there."
    Reds starting pitchers have a 1.61 ERA with 35 strikeouts in 28 innings during their 5-game winning streak.

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    David Bell said Sonny Gray will throw a simulated game tomorrow, and then if all goes well, he could rejoin the starting rotation.

That lines Sonny Gray up to start the first game of the #Reds' next homestand, April 16 vs. Cleveland.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-10-2021),Tom Servo (04-09-2021)

Reds manager David Bell revealed Friday that Gray is closing in on his return date. Bell said that Gray will throw a simulated game Saturday, with the hope being that he will then rejoin the rotation during the club’s next homestand beginning April 16 -- and possibly even sooner.

“There may be a chance we'd be able to use him on this road trip, but we'll see,” Bell said. “We'll have to see how it goes tomorrow. All signs are pointing that he's healthy and ready to go.”
    Ryan Herrera mlb.com

22. Likes:

M2 (04-10-2021)

Turn Off Ads?