Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: The Rotation

Re: The Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    You might be right about how they shuffle things when Sonny returns, but De Leon is older than Luis Castillo. He's currently the 2nd oldest guy in the rotation (Mahle's the youngest). If he's going to be good, I'm all for him sticking around for a while, but I'd categorize him more as a help now guy than a future asset.
    Of all the guys on the staff right now.. This is a question for everyone.. Who's the least likely to help this year?
    To me, after thinking about it.. It's probably DeLeon. If Bedrosian continues to struggle a few more weeks, I might change my answer to him.
    Because of this, I think I am changing my answer on who should be sent down. Earlier I said Romano. Now I would rather have DeLeon sent down.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Of all the guys on the staff right now.. This is a question for everyone.. Who's the least likely to help this year?
    To me, after thinking about it.. It's probably DeLeon. If Bedrosian continues to struggle a few more weeks, I might change my answer to him.
    Because of this, I think I am changing my answer on who should be sent down. Earlier I said Romano. Now I would rather have DeLeon sent down.
    Giants desclafani dealing. Another noob move by the reds

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gagliano View Post
    Giants desclafani dealing. Another noob move by the reds
    Wouldnt you love to have him now? Reds are their own worst enemy.

Wrong thread

Have they made the roster move to activate Sonny yet?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Cam Bedrosian DFA’d
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

Just did. Cam B got DFAd

Quote Originally Posted by SoTxRedsFan View Post
    Just did. Cam B got DFAd
    I'm thinking there's a high probability he passes through waivers.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Good move. He’s been terrible

You could feel that Bedrosian move coming while watching him pitch last night. There was just nothing there.

Bedrosian’s fastball was at around 91-93 last night. Most of his career, he was at 94-96. I’m guessing that was the problem, and unless he gets his velocity back up, it’s hard to see him succeed in the majors.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Bedrosian’s fastball was at around 91-93 last night. Most of his career, he was at 94-96. I’m guessing that was the problem, and unless he gets his velocity back up, it’s hard to see him succeed in the majors.
    I think his velocity is fine overall. He averaged 92.8 this season (he has hovered around 93 since 2018). He's had some crummy HR luck after some extreme luck last season. Bottom line is you can't average 9.5 BB/9 and keep a job

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    I think his velocity is fine overall. He averaged 92.8 this season (he has hovered around 93 since 2018). He's had some crummy HR luck after some extreme luck last season. Bottom line is you can't average 9.5 BB/9 and keep a job
    Yeah, the command isn’t there either. But he’s been dropping in velocity for the past few years. A bad combination and maybe connnected.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/velo.p...ate=04/17/2021

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Yeah, the command isn’t there either. But he’s been dropping in velocity for the past few years. A bad combination and maybe connnected.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/velo.p...ate=04/17/2021
    Fangraphs has it a bit different

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/ca...ats?position=P

His velocity is down from his peak but was back up this year.

It certainly looks like 2016 was an outlier for him but was remarkably consistent during the dip. That's why I'm not automatically pointing to that as the issue but I'm sure it's a contributing factor

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    Tyler Mahle is one of four pitchers in MLB who are 26 or younger, have made at least 10 starts over the last two seasons, have an ERA below 3.35 and have more than 100 strikeouts since the start of 2020.

The others are Shane Bieber, Corbin Burnes and Zac Gallen.

16. Likes:

HokieRed (05-12-2021),M2 (05-11-2021),Old school 1983 (05-11-2021),Phoenix2 (05-11-2021),RED VAN HOT (05-11-2021),Revering4Blue (05-11-2021)

Turn Off Ads?