Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rotation

Re: The Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    The 2012 Reds managed pretty well losing Cueto multiple times. I think he missed more than one month that season.

Even the 2020 Reds lost Sonny Gray for a few weeks too right? There’s a precedent even for just this team to have a deep enough rotation to weather that kind of hit. The current rotation is not that, though.
    I would argue this rotation is incredibly deep but lacks top end talent (for this season) outside of Gray and Castillo

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    I would argue this rotation is incredibly deep but lacks top end talent (for this season) outside of Gray and Castillo
    I'd argue the complete opposite. One of the more shallow rotations yet has a solid 1-3.

4. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (03-01-2021),HokieRed (02-15-2021),mth123 (02-15-2021),REDREAD (02-17-2021),Revering4Blue (02-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent
    The #Reds are NOT one of the 5 teams adding humidors for baseballs
    Boo.

And like that, my dreams of humidity are quashed.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-15-2021),Ron Madden (02-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Boo.

And like that, my dreams of humidity are quashed.
    It's humid enough in Cincinnati in July and August!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I'd argue the complete opposite. One of the more shallow rotations yet has a solid 1-3.
    Interesting. I feel like having Lorenzen, Antone, Santillan, De Leon able to start with Hector Perez, Romano and Hoffman in a pinch is strong. I'd like to upgrade the 3-4 spot but I like the depth

10. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-15-2021)

I like the upside of Mahle (and Antone and maybe DeLeon). I like the depth of Lorenzen, Miley, Hoffman, and the guys in AAA.

More than any of that, I like Castillo and Gray fronting it.

More than that, I like having Johnson (and Boddy) in charge.

12. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-15-2021),M2 (02-16-2021),Ron Madden (02-15-2021),UPRedsFan (02-15-2021)

Lorenzen is in a walk year and wants to start. He may surprise us and become the #3. I feel pretty good about the rotation. More concerned about the bullpen.

The rotation is easily the strength of the roster, but it's taken a significant step baclwards from last year when the team was barely good enough thanks to some rules and nice timing in who they played in the last week of the year.

I'm optimistic about Mahle and it's possible Lorenzen or Miley is better than Disco was, so it's still the team's strength.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

FWIW Matt Shoemaker signed a 1 year, $2 million dollar deal with the Twins today. That's a move I'd have liked to see the Reds make.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

16. Likes:

HokieRed (02-15-2021),M2 (02-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    FWIW Matt Shoemaker signed a 1 year, $2 million dollar deal with the Twins today. That's a move I'd have liked to see the Reds make.
    Yeah, another nice move by the Twins. I get the feeling Krall is working on something. Too many cheapie moves that would've made sense for the Reds keep passing him by. Not holding my breath, but hopeful there's one final move to be made.

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-15-2021),Tom Servo (02-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Yeah, another nice move by the Twins. I get the feeling Krall is working on something. Too many cheapie moves that would've made sense for the Reds keep passing him by. Not holding my breath, but hopeful there's one final move to be made.
    Agree, but I doubt it’s for the pitching rotation. There are very few left and the dollar range seems too high for Reds. Also apparently competition for guys like Taijuan Walker, which keeps the price tag up.

Shortstop and bullpen, agree. Maybe a swing man, maybe more AAA rotation depth too.
    Last edited by Kc61; 02-15-2021 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Agree, but I doubt it’s for the pitching rotation. There are very few left and the dollar range seems too high for Reds. Also apparently competition for guys like Taijuan Walker, which keeps the price tag up.

Shortstop and bullpen, agree. Maybe a swing man, maybe more AAA rotation depth too.
    I'll take anything, man!

21. Likes:

M2 (02-15-2021),RedTeamGo! (02-15-2021),Revering4Blue (02-15-2021),Tom Servo (02-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    The 2012 Reds managed pretty well losing Cueto multiple times. I think he missed more than one month that season.

Even the 2020 Reds lost Sonny Gray for a few weeks too right? There’s a precedent even for just this team to have a deep enough rotation to weather that kind of hit. The current rotation is not that, though.
    One of the amazing thing about the 2012 team is the top five starters made every start but one, a second game of a doubleheader. They lost Cueto in the first game of the playoffs l, but that rotation was remarkably healthy.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

23. Likes:

HokieRed (02-15-2021),mth123 (02-15-2021),Revering4Blue (02-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    True fact: Shoemaker is comprised of six different elves who form him using a mech sequence.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

25. Likes:

Mitri (02-15-2021),Revering4Blue (02-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Lorenzen is in a walk year and wants to start. He may surprise us and become the #3. I feel pretty good about the rotation. More concerned about the bullpen.
    I feel very good about the rotation and the bullpen. Hitting (again) is the concern.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Turn Off Ads?