Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 1007

Thread: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

  1. #406
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    26,438

    Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You keep saying it works just as well but it has been reported it does not. It’s just as effective as preventing death but we’ve been told by experts for literally a year death is not the only potential horrible outcome from catching COVID. So, what is true?

    - - - Updated - - -



    How does Detroit have access issues?
    What you are reading is wrong. It works just as well on preventing seriously illness.

    However, we shouldn’t be comparing them since their studies were done differently at different times. The key is that they all are 100% effective against hospitalization and death.
    That’s why we’re playing, bro


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #407
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    14,722

    Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    It's been a while since we've had a good non-troversy around here.
    What’s controversy? Detroit didn’t accept J&J and people got all up in arms about it. I’ll take J&J but I’m not going to call folks from Detroit for questioning it. I mentioned to my in-laws that earlier I would like the J&J one and my MIL, a registered nurse, and my FIL, a biologist, both immediately said “no! Make sure you get Moderna or Pfizer!”

    I’m not an expert, just don’t get why everyone has to immediately jump down people being told they need to take the less effective vaccine because of “access” reasons.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    What you are reading is wrong. It works just as well on preventing seriously illness.

    However, we shouldn’t be comparing them since their studies were done differently at different times. The key is that they all are 100% effective against hospitalization and death.
    Ok, brb, going to tell NBC News they are wrong.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  4. #408
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You keep saying it works just as well but it has been reported it does not. It’s just as effective as preventing death but we’ve been told by experts for literally a year death is not the only potential horrible outcome from catching COVID. So, what is true?

    - - - Updated - - -



    How does Detroit have access issues?
    It has not been reported that it does not. There has certainly been confusion around efficacy rates and what that means, that absolutely should have been communicated better, I’ll agree with that. That leads to questions like yours, which aren’t bad questions and you aren’t pissing me off for asking them, I think they are fine.

    It does a great job against death, hospitalization and severe illness, all the things you want. I don’t think there has been many if any reputable people saying that mild covid cases can lead to bad outcomes outside of the potential to spreading it to someone that might have something bad happen to them.

  5. #409
    Winning is fun.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,595

    Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    How does Detroit have access issues?
    What if we were talking about voting rather than vaccines? Would you be arguing there aren't access issues? If there weren't access issues, there'd be no need to do voter registration drives in those communities. I've never seen a voter registration drive in the suburbs. So yes, there are access issues. But I do understand where you are coming from overall. It is another instance of people talking the talk about equity without walking the walk.

    FWIW, the JNJ will also be used in rural areas. I think trying to get the second shot to people in rural and urban communities is the concern. Perhaps that concern is unfounded.
    Last edited by RiverRat13; 03-05-2021 at 04:03 PM.

  6. #410
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    14,722

    Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

    How is Detroit hard to get to?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  7. #411
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    26,438

    Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    What’s controversy? Detroit didn’t accept J&J and people got all up in arms about it. I’ll take J&J but I’m not going to call folks from Detroit for questioning it. I mentioned to my in-laws that earlier I would like the J&J one and my MIL, a registered nurse, and my FIL, a biologist, both immediately said “no! Make sure you get Moderna or Pfizer!”

    I’m not an expert, just don’t get why everyone has to immediately jump down people being told they need to take the less effective vaccine because of “access” reasons.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Ok, brb, going to tell NBC News they are wrong.
    Dude, you are just wrong on this. Do some research first.
    That’s why we’re playing, bro

  8. Likes:

    Sea Ray (03-06-2021)

  9. #412
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    14,722

    Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    What if we were talking about voting rather than vaccines? Would you be arguing there aren't access issues? If there weren't access issues, there'd be no need to do voter registration drives in those communities. I've never seen a voter registration drive in the suburbs. So yes, there are access issues. But I do understand where you are coming from overall. It is another instance of people talking the talk about equity without walking the walk.

    FWIW, the JNJ will also be used in rural areas. I think trying to get the second shot to people in rural and urban communities is the concern.
    No idea what fighting the suppression of minority votes has to do with vaccines distribution.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Dude, you are just wrong on this. Do some research first.
    I asked a question and refused to call poor people “stupid” for doing the same. Sorry.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  10. #413
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    26,438

    Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    No idea what fighting the suppression of minority votes has to do with vaccines distribution.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I asked a question and refused to call poor people “stupid” for doing the same. Sorry.
    We answered your question with facts and you refused to accept them. No one is calling poor people stupid. I am calling the Mayor of Detroit stupid for not accepting all the vaccine available to him, however.
    That’s why we’re playing, bro

  11. #414
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,295

    Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    How is Detroit hard to get to?
    The underserved have a hard time getting “out” to get a vaccine.

    This is not about getting “to” Detroit.

  12. #415
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,295

    Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?


  13. Likes:

    757690 (03-05-2021),RedTeamGo! (03-05-2021),Sea Ray (03-06-2021)

  14. #416
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    9,396

    Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

    I read a thing where the mayor of Detroit said the reason they declined the JNJ vaccines is because they are maxed out on their distribution capability right now. Seems crazy to me that could be that case, but he said they might set up mass vaccination sites with JNJ in a few weeks.

  15. Likes:

    757690 (03-05-2021)

  16. #417
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,355

    Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

    If you're in Los Angeles and eligible, try the pharmacy sites (CVS, Walgreens). It was very difficult to find openings a few weeks ago but it has gotten easier. I think they expanded their locations and appointment opportunities around the first of the month.

  17. Likes:

    757690 (03-05-2021)

  18. #418
    Moderator Kinsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,404

    Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

    Ohio update:

    976,230 cases / 921,707 presumed recovered / 37,021 active cases / 17,502 deaths

    81% of total hospitalizations seen in 50+ age group
    98% of total deaths seen in 50+ age group

    To date,

    the COVID-19 vaccine has been started in 1,871,969 people in Ohio, which is 16.01% of the state's population. The vaccine has been started in 69,309 people in the last 24 hours.

    the COVID-19 vaccination has been completed in a total of 1,025,941 people, which is 8.78% of the state's population. In the last 24 hours, the vaccine has been completed in 41,499 people.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corona1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	17025

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corona2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	17026
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	?url=http%u00253A%u00252F%u00252Fewscripps-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%u00252Fe1%u00252Fc0%u0025.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	17023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	?url=http%u00253A%u00252F%u00252Fewscripps-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%u00252Fc6%u00252Fae%u0025.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	17024  
    Last edited by Kinsm; 03-05-2021 at 08:44 PM.

  19. #419
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    40,476

    Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    How is Detroit hard to get to?
    Spent the last couple of weeks speaking with people about vax plans. People with less money have both less time and less ability to get to a site (also applies to a lot of older folks). The flaw we've got in our vax plan where I am is you need to be able to hunt all day for an appointment, free up whatever time they give you for it and then get to a spot that's probably not all that close to where you live. For a lot of people, you've got to bring the vaccines to where they live, work and go to school. And that can be personnel intensive.
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  20. #420
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,355

    Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

    I have a job that is 100% flexible and the time to check websites for appointments all day and the lack of cohesive information and pathways and nearby locations was still a deterrent to me. Getting vaccinated shouldn’t be a “work ethic” test with prioritization to those willing to expend the most effort for it.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator