Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Anyone else think we should approve the AstraZeneca vax for people under 40? Other countries have proven it is safe and effective for people under 65. If we really wanted to play it safe, approve it for those under 40.
    Absolutely. I believe there are several million doses in the US ready to go.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Anyone else think we should approve the AstraZeneca vax for people under 40? Other countries have proven it is safe and effective for people under 65. If we really wanted to play it safe, approve it for those under 40.
    I think we ought to have the J&J vaccine for under 40 (or 50) and the Pfizer and Moderna for older and immune compromised folks.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

4. Likes:

M2 (02-25-2021),RFS62 (02-26-2021),RiverRat13 (02-25-2021)

Re: temp

So if this follows the Spanish flu patterns, we are due for one more rise in March/April and then that will be it. The peak would be less than half of the peak we just experienced in late December.

Re: temp

So if this follows the Spanish flu patterns, we are due for one more rise in March/April and then that will be it. The peak would be less than half of the peak we just experienced in late December.
    This pattern should be better than the spanish flu 'cause we're distributing vaccines

BTW I actually checked Europe. Not every country but a lot. None of them are spiking. France, Germany, UK. None of them. Most are in a plateau. just treading water.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    BTW I actually checked Europe. Not every country but a lot. None of them are spiking. France, Germany, UK. None of them. Most are in a plateau. just treading water.
    There are a couple, but they are smaller. A couple of them, like Albania for example, is showing a spike but also didn’t ever really do testing until recently too.

They call me "chef"

I’m now eligible for the vaccine here in the city of Los Angeles but I’ve checked the 47 disparate county, supermarket, drug store, and doctor websites that are supposed to contain random appointment opportunities and I’ve found zilch for the last week. I’m not sure if all these outlets are just on standby with no allotment yet or I’m missing the boat every day. Is it this convoluted everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I’m now eligible for the vaccine here in the city of Los Angeles but I’ve checked the 47 disparate county, supermarket, drug store, and doctor websites that are supposed to contain random appointment opportunities and I’ve found zilch for the last week. I’m not sure if all these outlets are just on standby with no allotment yet or I’m missing the boat every day. Is it this convoluted everywhere?
    It is in Ohio.

Speaking of which, if you’re in Cincinnati, you’re eligible, and you have some time this afternoon, UC Health usually puts out their available appointments for the next week on Friday. I got an appointment for tomorrow by calling in last Friday. I was on hold nearly an hour, so have patience.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    It is in Ohio.

Speaking of which, if you’re in Cincinnati, you’re eligible, and you have some time this afternoon, UC Health usually puts out their available appointments for the next week on Friday. I got an appointment for tomorrow by calling in last Friday. I was on hold nearly an hour, so have patience.
    My mother in law did this and got her first shot yesterday. They put up the appointments around 1-2pm. She was able to book hers online.

12. Likes:

dabvu2498 (02-26-2021),Sea Ray (02-26-2021)

It is in Ohio.

He's obviously not in Cincinnati but yes, it is like this everywhere, pretty much. It's wild getting an appointment. I know people who live in Ohio, Mi, Oregon, FL and Washington state. Same stories everywhere of chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Absolutely. I believe there are several million doses in the US ready to go.
    25 million in West Chester OH at the moment.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

15. Likes:

RiverRat13 (02-26-2021)

Florida is still restricted to 65+. Appointments are MUCH easier to come by. They used to open registrations at 9 AM and close by 9;15. Now I get messages hours later that slots are still available.

17. Likes:

goreds2 (02-26-2021)

25 million in West Chester OH at the moment.
    Didn't realize there were that many. That would be enough to cover the first dose for every college student in the country. If given near the end of the spring semester, the recommended 12 week interval would be pretty close to perfect to give second doses to those returning to campus in the fall.

I don't think college students are a particularly high priority on the vaccine front.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I don't think college students are a particularly high priority on the vaccine front.
    AZ works better on under 40 year olds. It’s part of the reason it hasn’t been approved.

Canada just approved AZ today.

21. Likes:

RiverRat13 (02-26-2021)

Turn Off Ads?