Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Here's still another article written by an expert (this time a Stanford guy) who says that we're reaching herd immunity:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/6810858002/

I think it's really well written and easy to read. He very succinctly explains, using factual examples, why things like seasonality and mask wearing does not explain the huge drops we're seeing all over the world. The media is not talking enough about national immunity, which has immunized a whole more than Moderna and Pfizer have
    Link doesn’t work. Which Stanford guy is this? The one that was randomly showing up at the White House last summer and Chris Wallace on Fox News specifically stated IS NOT an epidemiologist?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've been getting frustrated because I haven't been able to get the vaccine in spite of having two markers that put me in the priority group, while two of my sisters, who have no markers, have been able to get theirs. This morning, I got the call, and I missed it. The caller came up "unknown number". They left a completely unhearable message, but I thought I heard my name somewhere in it, so I called back. It was the vaccine line, but since I hadn't answered the call, I had gone back into the queue. It sounds as if this was only the queue for today, not the total back of the line, so I'm sitting by the phone.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    So I had my first legit workout at a gym since September earlier today. Sat down at a Skyline to eat lunch. Going to The Eagle in OTR later for dinner.

Feels good man!
    I am really looking forward to having a legit gym workout again. My home gym just doesn’t stack up.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Link doesn’t work. Which Stanford guy is this? The one that was randomly showing up at the White House last summer and Chris Wallace on Fox News specifically stated IS NOT an epidemiologist?
    I don't know about any connections to the White House or Fox News but I suppose he might have those connections. I hope this link works better for you. Thanks for trying to read it. I'd like to know your opinion after reading it...

Robert M. Kaplan is a faculty member at Stanford Medical School Clinical Excellence Research Center, a former associate director of the National Institutes of Health and a former chief science officer for the U.S. Agency for Health Care Research and Quality.

Scott Atlas is the guy I was thinking about - different guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't know about any connections to the White House or Fox News but I suppose he might have those connections. I hope this link works better for you. Thanks for trying to read it. I'd like to know your opinion after reading it...

Robert M. Kaplan is a faculty member at Stanford Medical School Clinical Excellence Research Center, a former associate director of the National Institutes of Health and a former chief science officer for the U.S. Agency for Health Care Research and Quality.

My opinion is I hope he’s right.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I am really looking forward to having a legit gym workout again. My home gym just doesn’t stack up.
    Mentally I feel like a completely different person when I get to lift, and even though I’ve been running outside most of the pandemic, it’s just not the same as how hard I can push myself on a treadmill. It’s like complete night and day for my various depressive and anxiety symptoms being able to go the gym again.

I feel like a million bucks today too as a result. Having a few beers with some wings right now at an actual brewery here is pretty nice too.

9. Likes:

redhawkfish (02-27-2021),RedsfaninMT (02-28-2021),RedTeamGo! (02-27-2021),RFS62 (02-28-2021),Sea Ray (02-27-2021)

Mentally I feel like a completely different person when I get to lift, and even though I’ve been running outside most of the pandemic, it’s just not the same as how hard I can push myself on a treadmill. It’s like complete night and day for my various depressive and anxiety symptoms being able to go the gym again.

I feel like a million bucks today too as a result. Having a few beers with some wings right now at an actual brewery here is pretty nice too.
    I’m the complete opposite with running. Hate the treadmill and can really push myself outside, got up to 8 miles without stopping last summer. This winter has completely stopped my outdoor running though with how brutal it has been here in Cleveland. It’s so bizarre, I can absolutely feel my stress/anxiety level increasing without my daily outdoor runs. These past 3-4 weeks have been the worst I’ve felt mentally in about 1.5 years. In a tough spot right now, TBH. Just need to get through March and start running outside again and I’ll be alright I hope.

Sitting at a brewery drinking beers and eating wings sounds amazing.

I’m the complete opposite with running. Hate the treadmill and can really push myself outside, got up to 8 miles without stopping last summer. This winter has completely stopped my outdoor running though with how brutal it has been here in Cleveland. It’s so bizarre, I can absolutely feel my stress/anxiety level increasing without my daily outdoor runs. These past 3-4 weeks have been the worst I’ve felt mentally in about 1.5 years. In a tough spot right now, TBH. Just need to get through March and start running outside again and I’ll be alright I hope.

Sitting at a brewery drinking beers and eating wings sounds amazing.

Lifting at a gym? Eating at a bar? That sounds like the last 4-5 months for me. I'm glad you guys are finally enjoying life again.

12. Likes:

Sea Ray (02-27-2021)

Congrats
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 02-27-2021 at 03:51 PM.

My opinion is I hope he’s right.
    That goes w/o saying. Who wouldn't?

I think his position is well thought out and reasoned. That's my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

That's the way to live. I commend you. I'm living similarly

15. Likes:

redhawkfish (02-27-2021)

They call me "chef"

I’ve been open mouth kissing strangers at motorcycle rallies since last April. Trump wasn’t far right enough for me. I drink liberal and conservative tears. I am the message board Alpha.

17. Likes:

dabvu2498 (02-27-2021),Larkin Fan (02-27-2021),M2 (02-27-2021),marcshoe (02-28-2021),moewan (02-28-2021),RedTeamGo! (02-27-2021),RFS62 (02-28-2021),WildcatFan (03-02-2021)

Re: temp

JNJ gets official approval, which is a good thing. But I can't help but notice that some of the same folks that are reassuring us that the JNJ's efficacy is good enough are also saying that the 1 shot mRNA strategy could leave people only partially protected, despite strong evidence that 1 mRNA shot has comparable efficacy to JNJ.

19. Likes:

JaxRed (02-27-2021)

CNN and Dr Gupta highlight a generic drug that seems to be working well against Covid

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/20...a-ebof-vpx.cnn
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

21. Likes:

RiverRat13 (02-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I’ve been open mouth kissing strangers at motorcycle rallies since last April.
    You mean, that was you?

Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 181
Size:  209.7 KB

Turn Off Ads?