Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

Here's a non-paywall version about the Pfizer freezer storage

https://observer.com/2021/02/pfizer-...atures-stable/
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    While searching for a non-paywall version of Buckeye's report I came across this

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...al-world-test/

More good news about Pfizer. Among which is that the vaccine prevents re-transmission 89% of the time. So 89% of the people who get the vaccine, not only don't show symptoms, they don't get the disease at all or pass it on. Basically the virus just does nothing to them.

That's extremely helpful in achieving herd immunity as the virus has a harder and harder time finding someone to infect.

My opinion - Moderna will probably be the same and helps explains why vaccines are causing numbers to plummet in the US.
    Thanks for that, my work pays for FT and I forgot it was behind a paywall.

National News tonight was saying vaccine supplies are down all over the country because of the storm. Supplies stuck in Kentucky and Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    National News tonight was saying vaccine supplies are down all over the country because of the storm. Supplies stuck in Kentucky and Tennessee.
    I work in freight. The next few weeks are going to be an absolute ****storm with regard to shipping. If you are low on essential household items like toilet paper, soap, beer, etc get it this weekend. Seriously.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

These side effects don’t mess around, man. I’ve been extremely sore and fatigued all day. Pretty brutal headache just set in.

Pretty crazy how much this one is kicking my ass compared to the first dose, where I didn’t have any side effects at all.

Local media legend Pat Barry died of Covid today. RIP to the big kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    These side effects don’t mess around, man. I’ve been extremely sore and fatigued all day. Pretty brutal headache just set in.

Pretty crazy how much this one is kicking my ass compared to the first dose, where I didn’t have any side effects at all.
    I've heard it that's how it rolls. Supposedly after a couple of days it stops kicking your butt.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post

I have a lymph node swelling in my neck that is a result of it, three weeks after my second

Kinda weird

I was fatigued for a day with a slight headache. Moderna.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I work in freight. The next few weeks are going to be an absolute ****storm with regard to shipping. If you are low on essential household items like toilet paper, soap, beer, etc get it this weekend. Seriously.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Parents got Pfizer. 2 doses complete for each. No noticeable side effects for either of them. Mom’s on a bunch of meds for her cancer and dad’s taking other meds for his dementia, so that may have contributed to how well they did with shots.

In-laws got Pfizer. 1 dose each. Mother-in-law was down for several days with flu-like symptoms. Father-in-law went through digestive problems, but we’ve pieced it together that he basically ate like a 13 year old boy left on his own while his wife wasn’t tending the kitchen. ��

Wife and I got Moderna. 1 dose each. No effects for her, but she’s been on a 3 month course of blood thinners for a post-knee surgery blood clot. I had soreness around the injection area for about 48 hours. Got really fatigued after 24 hours. Took a few Advil, went to bed early and good as new the next day.

13. Likes:

757690 (02-22-2021),Roy Tucker (02-22-2021)

Sounds like everyone should get a paid day off for that second dose.

Israel is killing it with this vaccine rollout and messaging. While the message here seems to be that even if you get the vaccine nothing should change (and happily my parents are ignoring that garbage and coming to see us this weekend after getting their second dose two weeks ago), Israel is wisely telling people that if they get the vaccine EVERYTHING changes. But if they don't, then nothing changes. Those carrots and sticks are important!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/israels...al-11613929717

This may be behind a paywall, so a couple of relevant quotes:

"The opening up and use of what officials are calling green passports, which allow people to enter gyms and hotels and eventually embark on quarantine-free travel"

"officials are warning those who shun the national vaccination campaign that they will be shut out of everyday activities. “Anyone who does not get vaccinated will be left behind,” Israel’s health minister Yuli Edelstein said"

16. Likes:

redhawkfish (02-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Israel is killing it with this vaccine rollout and messaging. While the message here seems to be that even if you get the vaccine nothing should change (and happily my parents are ignoring that garbage and coming to see us this weekend after getting their second dose two weeks ago), Israel is wisely telling people that if they get the vaccine EVERYTHING changes. But if they don't, then nothing changes. Those carrots and sticks are important!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/israels...al-11613929717

This may be behind a paywall, so a couple of relevant quotes:

"The opening up and use of what officials are calling green passports, which allow people to enter gyms and hotels and eventually embark on quarantine-free travel"

"officials are warning those who shun the national vaccination campaign that they will be shut out of everyday activities. “Anyone who does not get vaccinated will be left behind,” Israel’s health minister Yuli Edelstein said"
    This is great, and I agree on the carrot/stick PR campaign.

However, while Israel is opening up, they are still enforcing mask wearing and social distancing, and schools are not fully open, so it hasn’t changed all that much over there. It’s still similar to the “garbage” messaging we have here. Slightly better, but not a big change.

I do think as we learn more about the effects of the vaccine, mostly from Israel, the messaging will change everywhere, but there is still much we don’t know, which is why even in Israel, they are being cautious with their opening.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I'm not a fan of the NY Times but this is a great article about vaccine alarmism:

Kate Grabowski, an epidemiologist at Johns Hopkins, told me that she has heard from relatives about their friends and co-workers choosing not to get a shot because they keep hearing they can still get Covid and pass it on to others — and will still need to wear masks and social distance. “What’s the point?” she said, describing their attitude.

The message from experts, Grabowski said, is “being misinterpreted. That’s on us. We’re clearly doing something wrong.”

“Our discussion about vaccines has been poor, really poor,” Dr. Muge Cevik, a virologist, told me. “As scientists we need to be more careful what we say and how that could be understood by the public.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/19/b...n-nuclear.html

Turn Off Ads?