Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Not to get too deep into religion, but I was raised Catholic. Very catholic. Began to question things in college. Stopped going to church following college. Became kinda agnostic once out of college. Then gravitated to religion again looking at mass as more of a meditation or calming feeling for me. I'm slowly got back in the game once I had kids. I don't view going to Mass every week as being a die hard, but I've been praying the Rosary daily for the past 3-4 years as a form of meditation more than being Catholic. Does this make sense?

I've been inconsistently going to mass the last 3-4 months. So I guess I'm back to being Catholic but I view it much differently than the diehards. My wife is agnostic/gypsyish/pagan so we have VERY different views. I'd like my kids to get a taste of Catholicism for various reasons. ANyway, didn't mean to write this much but it's an interesting subject for me in my life right now.
    Thanks, I find it always interesting, yet so different all the time too

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I bought my first plane ticket for like 15 days after I recovered from Covid.
    Fauci rarely mentions natural immunity. I don't think he believes in it

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    You don’t believe the CDC, but you believe some random dude on Youtube. No need to discuss anything involving anything medical with you ever again.
    I didn't say that I don't believe the CDC. I merely stated that I don't wait for their permission before I do something. I posted that video because folks here like science. Well that's a scientist, not a pol. Have at it

5. Likes:

goreds2 (04-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    You donÂ’t believe the CDC, but you believe some random dude on Youtube. No need to discuss anything involving anything medical with you ever again.
    The idiot in the video Sea Ray posted is an anti-vaxxer who recently had to be fact-checked by the Chief Medical Officer from St. Luke's Health Systems after a meeting with Idaho state legislators. During the meeting, Ryan Cole (the quack in the video) made comments that marginalized seniors, suggesting that they would just die soon anyway, lied multiple times about everything from Covid vaccine cancer risks to the number of people who aren't willing to be vaccinated, and suggested that people should be using Ivermectin- used primarily to treat parasites in horses- to combat Covid. It appears that drug is dangerous enough at high doses that the FDA has specific web pages telling people NOT to use it for Covid treatment. Oh, and he says that Covid is over in Idaho, so there's that.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/lo...e-d8edbf576c34

I'm sure it's all just a government "conspiracy" thought, which I'm sure Cole will explain to the next officer to pull him over for speeding right after demanding that he's not driving, he's "travelling".

Not only should no one be listening to that guy, no one should listen to anyone who listens to that guy. He's like one step away from telling people to eat fish tank cleaning pellets washed down with a bleach chaser.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    The idiot in the video Sea Ray posted is an anti-vaxxer who recently had to be fact-checked by the Chief Medical Officer from St. Luke's Health Systems after a meeting with Idaho state legislators. During the meeting, Ryan Cole (the quack in the video) made comments that marginalized seniors, suggesting that they would just die soon anyway, lied multiple times about everything from Covid vaccine cancer risks to the number of people who aren't willing to be vaccinated, and suggested that people should be using Ivermectin- used primarily to treat parasites in horses- to combat Covid. It appears that drug is dangerous enough at high doses that the FDA has specific web pages telling people NOT to use it for Covid treatment. Oh, and he says that Covid is over in Idaho, so there's that.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/lo...e-d8edbf576c34

I'm sure it's all just a government "conspiracy" thought, which I'm sure Cole will explain to the next officer to pull him over for speeding right after demanding that he's not driving, he's "travelling".

Not only should no one be listening to that guy, no one should listen to anyone who listens to that guy. He's like one step away from telling people to eat fish tank cleaning pellets washed down with a bleach chaser.
    I see very little in that article that proved Dr Cole's facts to be wrong. For example it starts with this:

"Average COVID-19 death, 78.6. Average age of death in North America every year, 78.6, that's fascinating," Dr. Ryan Cole told lawmakers a meeting at the Idaho State Capitol Building. The statement elicited an eruption of laughs from legislators.
    Their fact checkers countered with this:

Starting with the average age of death in America, it was 78.8 in 2019, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. In 2020, it dropped a full year to 77.8 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
    So was Dr Cole wrong? Doesn't appear so from that

When speaking with legislators, Cole said, "What are our highest risk factors? obesity, low vitamin d levels, advanced age. 90% of deaths in the state have been over 70 years of age, that's the at-risk population. We have stopped our society for something that is taking people that are already at that death risk age anyway."
    Fact checker:

Souza said that claim is simply false and cruel.

"But I personally have been the part of the care team, I'm an intensivist for 75-year-olds who died from this who were frankly fit as fiddles and their only 'crime' was that they're 75 and they came across covid," he said.
    No countering facts to dispute what Dr Cole said

OK, now I'll challenge the author of this article. They call Dr Cole an anti-vaxxer. On what basis? He clearly stated that he's not an anti-vaxxer. He said that he's vaccinated his kids and he himself has taken vaccines. In the case of the mRNA vaccine, he said that he's concerned that there may be long term effects such as cancer and immunosuppression but we don't know about the longterm effects because it came out so quickly. I think we can all agree, we don't know the longterm effects. So what again did he say that was not accurate?

I've got no dog in this hunt. I'm just trying to gather factual perspective from all sides on this. What you've presented here does not discredit him at all. In fact it seems like a lame attempt to bring him down which is a problem. He wouldn't be the first with a differing opinion who's been (attempted to be) silenced by the MSM

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I've got no dog in this hunt.
    Sure you do. You don't care whether a source is actually credible before you post it. You're not a doctor, so you wouldn't know and all you care about anyway is whether or not the quack du jour says something that agrees with whatever you've already decided on. Seriously. You crow about getting vaccinated (probably jumping someone in line to do it), but now you're posting crap about how vaccines should be scary and that they might cause cancer and...just stop. It's pathological at this point.

You don't want to wear a mask. Yes, we get it. We got it a year ago. The fact that you've been posting things you don't really seem to understand since then is generally just annoying. But posting a video like that and hailing it as truth is, frankly, just damned irresponsible.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Sure you do. You don't care whether a source is actually credible before you post it. You're not a doctor, so you wouldn't know and all you care about anyway is whether or not the quack du jour says something that agrees with whatever you've already decided on. Seriously. You crow about getting vaccinated (probably jumping someone in line to do it), but now you're posting crap about how vaccines should be scary and that they might cause cancer and...just stop. It's pathological at this point.

You don't want to wear a mask. Yes, we get it. We got it a year ago. The fact that you've been posting things you don't really seem to understand since then is generally just annoying. But posting a video like that and hailing it as truth is, frankly, just damned irresponsible.
    I posted this to give folks a different perspective. Your frustration is showing. You Googled all evening and that article is the best you can come up with.

You don't know if this vaccine will cause cancer on down the line and neither do I. I hope not since I chose to get it but I can't tell you what effect it'll have years from now and neither do you

Dr Cole specifically said that he's concerned with immunosuppression side effects with mRNA vaccines. Well that is a concern given the research. Here's a blurb from a paper written in 2018:

A possible concern
    could be that some mRNA-based vaccine platforms54,166
    induce potent type I interferon responses, which have
    been associated not only with inflammation but also
    potentially with autoimmunity167,168. Thus, identification
    of individuals at an increased risk of autoimmune reactions before mRNA vaccination may allow reasonable precautions to be taken. Another potential safety issue could
    derive from the presence of extracellular RNA during
    mRNA vaccination.
    https://pedsfirst.com/wp-content/upl...ine-review.pdf

I know this is RZ and all folks and it's common to call people idiots and other names when we disagree with them, but let's try to keep our arguments factual with evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I posted this to give folks a different perspective. Your frustration is showing. You Googled all evening and that article is the best you can come up with.
    Good god. Take five seconds and type "Ryan Cole" into the google search bar. The fact that you couldn't take the time to do even that before posting that propaganda video really tells us all we need to know about how much effort you put into vetting the loon.

You don't know if this vaccine will cause cancer on down the line and neither do I. I hope not since I chose to get it but I can't tell you what effect it'll have years from now and neither do you
    You've now turned into a less problematic version of Rojo. You know that, right?

--Ted Williams

Good god. Take five seconds and type "Ryan Cole" into the google search bar. The fact that you couldn't take the time to do even that before posting that propaganda video really tells us all we need to know about how much effort you put into vetting the loon.

You've now turned into a less problematic version of Rojo. You know that, right?
    I'll tell you what...do two things:

1) Watch the video (you obviously haven't)

2) Come back when you have some facts to contribute to the discussion

More on Dr Ryan Cole:

"I am absolutely not in the anti-vax camp, and I am concerned that these comments came across that way. I have been vaccinated. All of my children have been vaccinated," he wrote.

"I am concerned about the lack of long term safety data, because this vaccine is simply too new," he wrote. "We have never tried an mRNA vaccine in humans before. I am concerned about the implications of injection of foreign, synthetic mRNA and the antibody reaction which cannot be reversed. It concerns me that large numbers of individuals are being essentially enrolled in a long term phase III clinical trial for the vaccine without being fully informed of this, with no ability for recompense if injured or in case of death. I am concerned by the number of adverse event and deaths that have been reported in correlation with this vaccine administration."
    Anyone have a problem with that statement?

He went on to say that he still believes that the coronavirus pandemic in Idaho is reaching endemic levels. On Wednesday, the 14-day average of new cases reported grew to 310, with six new deaths reported.

"It may be that this virus will remain in circulation for some time, at an endemic level, as many viruses, including the common cold, and the flu do," Cole wrote in a statement sent to The 208. "We do not yet know the impact the new variants will have on the case rates. We should stay vigilant, but I would like to see us learn to live with the virus in our midst instead of living in constant fear of it."
    Any problem with that?

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/lo...2-2052c57a7e0e

I have my first shot scheduled for 4pm today. Yesterday got a call from my friend that his daughter tested positive. I helped them move into their new house on Wednesday evening, so I ran out and got a COVID test at CVS. I asked the pharmacist if I should move forward with the vaccine as I was really just in and out of the house and was barely near their daughter at all, and if I was it was just walking by her. The pharmacist told me to absolutely not get the vaccine today. I asked why. She said “well, they probably don’t want you there and Uhh.” So, I called my doctor this morning and he said “that doesn’t count as close contact, you have to be within 6 feet of the person for at least 15 minutes. Asked if I had any symptoms, etc. I said no. He said to absolutely get the vaccine as planned today. About 30 minutes later I got my negative test result back.

Has anyone ever had a situation with a pharmacist where you walked away thinking to yourself “wow, that person sure is bright!” This idiot could have caused me to wait weeks longer to get vaccinated because they made an assumption clearly not based on facts. Why is it difficult to get a pharmacy degree? I swear every pharmacist I’ve ever talked to is an absolute dunce.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Good news continues for Texas:

Attachment 17111

Sure, SeaRay, but those numbers are before the double mutant Covid variant shows its fangs at the Rangers game today and ravages Texas, obviously.

Those numbers are the result of Neanderthal thinking

Turn Off Ads?