Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I actually think that's terrible, how is that number not higher at this point? Would be interested if it's because of vaccine hesitancy or something else.
    It was a bit lower than I expected for sure. I'd like to hear the at least one shot number. If it's something like 80%, I'll be less concerned.

I have no idea how I've had the shot (when I'm young, healthy and was generally indifferent about whether I got it in April or June) and that many serniors still need at least one of the shots.

2. Likes:

Redsfaithful (04-05-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Every person on my dad’s side of the family over 60 is refusing to get the vaccine except my dad. About 15 people total. You can guess their political leanings.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You can guess their political leanings.
    Someone should explain to them what a huge success President Trump's Operation Warp Speed was for getting these vaccines approved during his administration. Even if you don't really believe it, that's marketing.

6. Likes:

goreds2 (04-05-2021)

I actually think that's terrible, how is that number not higher at this point? Would be interested if it's because of vaccine hesitancy or something else.
    Anecdotally, the boomer generation has been the worst in regards to this pandemic. They have been the worst at wearing masks, they have been the ones continuing their normal activities, they are the ones who more often than not say something like "well the virus has a 99% survival rate." I think the ones who get their news from Facebook or the cable news networks are going to be more skeptical. I had one guy tell me he won't get Pfizer or Moderna because it changes your DNA.

Fortunately my mom kept my dad in line until they were able to get their vaccine, because my dad too often believes the information he wants to and doesn't the information he doesn't like.

8. Likes:

Redsfaithful (04-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Someone should explain to them what a huge success President Trump's Operation Warp Speed was for getting these vaccines approved during his administration. Even if you don't really believe it, that's marketing.
    They full blown believe the vaccines have the literal mark of Satan on them and are being pushed by Bill Gates to mind control the population for the benefit of Satan.

I truly wish I were joking.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Trump got the vaccine in January and didn't say anything about it. You also have guys like Hannity and Carleson calling the vaccine into question.

I do wonder had Trump gone to Fox News in early January saying and said "we are going all in on this vaccine, I will get it on air, you will promote it, and it will be the lasting legacy of my presidency" would things have been different? I think previous presidents would have done that.

11. Likes:

757690 (04-05-2021),Kinsm (04-05-2021),M2 (04-05-2021),Redsfaithful (04-05-2021),RedTeamGo! (04-05-2021)

75% of seniors have gotten at least one dose. Of those other 25%, there could be all kinds of reasons, one of which may be that they've already had C19 so they're naturally immune. I think 75% and climbing is a really good number.

https://www.newsweek.com/nearly-75-u...accine-1580825

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Anecdotally, the boomer generation has been the worst in regards to this pandemic. They have been the worst at wearing masks, they have been the ones continuing their normal activities, they are the ones who more often than not say something like "well the virus has a 99% survival rate." I think the ones who get their news from Facebook or the cable news networks are going to be more skeptical. I had one guy tell me he won't get Pfizer or Moderna because it changes your DNA.

Fortunately my mom kept my dad in line until they were able to get their vaccine, because my dad too often believes the information he wants to and doesn't the information he doesn't like.
    My guess is when this is all said and done, the Boomer generation will have the highest vaccination rate of any generation

The worst on C19 is the 20-30 crowd. They feel invincible and don't care

The 75% number is pretty solid. So in a couple of weeks 75% of seniors should be fully vaccinated. Not perfect, but solid.

They full blown believe the vaccines have the literal mark of Satan on them and are being pushed by Bill Gates to mind control the population for the benefit of Satan.

I'm so not going to feel bad for those people once everybody has a chance to be vaccinated. The only downside is they'll probably become breeding grounds for COVID variants.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'll tell you what...do two things:

1) Watch the video (you obviously haven't)

2) Come back when you have some facts to contribute to the discussion
    I don't need to watch a video of a guy who tells people they should be taking horse pills to cure Covid. No one does. And frankly, anyone stopping in to debunk his kind of nonsense is contributing much more to the discussion than the person posting said nonsense.

Now go put your mask on.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'm so not going to feel bad for those people once everybody has a chance to be vaccinated. The only downside is they'll probably become breeding grounds for COVID variants.
    This is where I'm at and why I've believed for a long time this will all be over before it's really "over" - once you can walk into a pharmacy and get a shot without making an appointment nobody is going to take any precautions whatsoever anymore. That's America - personal responsibility is our religion.

75% for one dose for seniors isn't as bad. Going to be a lot of deaths still, but what can you do if someone doesn't want to protect themselves?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    My guess is when this is all said and done, the Boomer generation will have the highest vaccination rate of any generation

The worst on C19 is the 20-30 crowd. They feel invincible and don't care
    I don't know. I would imagine the 20-30 crowd would be more inclined to get the vax than a lot of the boomer generation because they grew up getting vaccines.

I do think a difference in the long run is the boomer generation goes to their Dr's quite a big more than your younger generation.

Again, anecdotally I have seen a higher reluctance towards getting a vaccine from the boomers than I have the millennials or younger.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I don't need to watch a video of a guy who tells people they should be taking horse pills to cure Covid. No one does. And frankly, anyone stopping in to debunk his kind of nonsense is contributing much more to the discussion than the person posting said nonsense.

Now go put your mask on.
    Horse pills? Ivermectin has been prescribed for humans since the early 1980s. The fact you call them horse pills shows your lack of education and why smart folks tune you out.

You were also incorrect when you referred to Dr Cole as an anti-vaxxer.

Bring some facts to the discussion next time unless you want to continue to get your rear end kicked on this

20. Likes:

jimbo (04-05-2021)

I think it's best if we don't judge people on their decision to get the vaccine. It's a personal decision and their choice should not be stigmatized. The folks that opt not to get it are taking a chance. The rest of us need to get on with our lives

Turn Off Ads?