Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best Shape of My Life 2021: Spring Training Pics & Media

Re: Best Shape of My Life 2021: Spring Training Pics & Media

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    Reds manager David Bell on Joey Votto: “Listening to him talk about the adjustments that were made make me excited about Joey that he’s’ going to be able to keep it going.”

2. Likes:

goreds2 (02-23-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Listening to David Bell talk about Joey Votto's adjustments made me excited until I read the last 3 words of the quote. "keep it going"?

The pictures of Garcia look impressive, but I’d be more impressed with a picture of him not swinging at sliders low and away.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Ahhh....I was thinking that third one was Senzel...
    If these pics are from current spring training I believe pitchers and catchers are the only ones who have reported at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by sdm24 View Post
    If these pics are from current spring training I believe pitchers and catchers are the only ones who have reported at this point.
    Position players reported this morning for physicals

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    “Coming from surgery and being able to hit 97 a couple of times last year, that opened my eyes because I’ve never thrown that hard in my life.” José De León found his confidence and #Reds love his potential.

Geno looks slimmer in that photo.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

12. Likes:

mth123 (02-22-2021),RED VAN HOT (02-22-2021),Ron Madden (02-22-2021)

Miley feels healthy

Left-hander Wade Miley had a somewhat different offseason preparation schedule. Miley, who was limited to six games in 2020 because of a strained left groin and a strained left shoulder, saw a physical therapist and did a lot of work to strengthen the lower half of his body.

“I didn’t throw quite as much as I normally would. I took it a whole lot easier on my lower half just to hopefully let everything kind of heal and get ready,” Miley said. “I feel like I’m in a good spot right now, so I’m just excited.”

“I’m ready. I’m just kind of working my way in through camp and taking it kind of easy right now,” he said. “I’m trying to build up to get ready. I’m definitely excited to get back out there and compete in hopefully a somewhat normal season.”
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Wade Miley is just taking it one day at a time.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

15. Likes:

Mitri (02-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Geno looks slimmer in that photo.
    He certainly looks a lot less bloated. I hope this means he's back to being a solid defneder at 3B. That woud help a lot.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

17. Likes:

Mitri (02-23-2021)

Eugenio Suárez -- 3B, Reds
    Key number: 14.4% barrel rate

Sometimes a return to form is driven by a return to health, and that looks like the case for Suárez, who suffered a freak right shoulder injury that required surgery to remove loose cartilage in January 2020. Although he proved capable of playing by the time the season got underway in late July, it’s possible (or even likely) that the third baseman wasn’t yet fully himself.

To wit, Suárez’s slash line stood at .118/.268/.235 with only four extra-base hits in his first 20 games. Over the rest of the season (37 games), he hit a more Suárez-like .246/.336/.592 with 19 extra-base knocks, including 13 dingers. Still, his overall line (.202/.312/.470) was underwhelming and weighed down by the slow start, not to mention a bizarre .214 BABIP (compared to his .310 career number).

In hindsight, it’s pretty remarkable that Suárez, only half a year removed from shoulder surgery, was able to register a 14.4% barrel rate. That was a career high and good for 16th best in MLB, sandwiched between none other than Freddie Freeman and José Abreu. (Reminder: They both won MVP Awards last year.) Still just 29 years old and now fully recovered, Suárez looks poised to return to his 2018-19 form when he emerged as one of the game’s top sluggers.
    -- Jason Catania
    https://www.mlb.com

19. Likes:

ochoa30 (02-22-2021)

Trying to temper my excitement for Geno 21...

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Trying to temper my excitement for Geno 21...
    I love the slimmer Geno. I'd rather have 30 HRs with agility on the bases and the field with a better batting average over the 50 HR one trick pony he'd turned into. Just that picture alone raises my view of the coming season a bit. Hope I'm not being fooled.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

22. Likes:

Mitri (02-23-2021)

Turn Off Ads?