Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Reds Spring Training

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Reds Spring Training

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Wasn't that guy the star of Ned's Declassified?
    I think he's the Sausage King of Chicago

2. Likes:

M2 (03-02-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I can't believe you all are trying to gaslight me on former All-star SS Devin Lohman. Nice try, you all.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

5. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (03-03-2021),M2 (03-02-2021)

In point of fact, no starting SS has been traded in spring training since former all-star SS David Espinoza...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

7. Likes:

M2 (03-02-2021),Revering4Blue (03-02-2021),Ron Madden (03-02-2021)

I just saw Votto hit game is on YouTube tv.

He’s standing straight up again. where’s the crouching tiger hidden dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    where’s the crouching tiger hidden dragon?
    Hiding in the tree fronds.

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

10. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (03-03-2021),Roy Tucker (03-02-2021)

Lyon Richardson threw a scoreless inning against the Angels in his spring training debut, throwing his fastball between 93-96 mph, Bobby Nightengale of The Cincinnati Enquirer reports. "He came in and looked like he'd been pitching in the big leagues for a lot of years," manager David Bell said. "He just really attacked and went after the hitters. Clearly has the stuff to match it. He's a guy that's never played above A-ball, and you wouldn't have known that watching him tonight."

Richardson was the Reds' second-round draft pick in 2018, and he hasn't yet advanced beyond Low-A, though he did spend some time in September at the Reds' alternate training site. It'll be interesting to see where the Reds start him this season and whether he's made enduring improvements that'll allow him to advance to the majors quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Lyon Richardson threw a scoreless inning against the Angels in his spring training debut, throwing his fastball between 93-96 mph, Bobby Nightengale of The Cincinnati Enquirer reports. "He came in and looked like he'd been pitching in the big leagues for a lot of years," manager David Bell said. "He just really attacked and went after the hitters. Clearly has the stuff to match it. He's a guy that's never played above A-ball, and you wouldn't have known that watching him tonight."

Richardson was the Reds' second-round draft pick in 2018, and he hasn't yet advanced beyond Low-A, though he did spend some time in September at the Reds' alternate training site. It'll be interesting to see where the Reds start him this season and whether he's made enduring improvements that'll allow him to advance to the majors quickly.
    It'll be interesting to see where they put all the guys who missed a year due to the pandemic.

Richardson in AA (with Greene and Lodolo?) makes the Lookouts development vital to that next phalanx of Red pitchers. If two of the three work out as MOR or better, the Reds should be poised to compete for many years.

13. Likes:

Edd Roush (03-03-2021),Ron Madden (03-03-2021)

i'm guessing high-A dayton for richardson to start out the season, but yeah, if he continues to look good this spring, chattanooga might be a strong possibility.

My main thing with Richardson is I demand announcers pronounce his first name like the French city.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

16. Likes:

Mitri (03-03-2021)

The Reds letting Jose Iglesias go is still another exhibit of how this organization fails to properly evaluate talent.

18. Likes:

JFLegal (03-04-2021)

Devin never made it to the bigs because he was the Lohman on the totem pole.

20. Likes:

JaxRed (03-03-2021),M2 (03-03-2021),Revering4Blue (03-03-2021)

Charlie Goldsmith @CharlieG__
    Bell says Nick Castellanos has tendinitis in his middle finger.
    “I know, he knows that if it was the regular season, he’d be playing. Made sense to keep him out."

Bell expects Castellanos to play Friday and Sunday.

I was pretty impressed with Lyon last night. Hope he gets more time this spring. My guess for him would be AA. I think some people like him are going to get pushed higher than normal because of the big backlog of people that is going to happen at the lower levels due to the cancellation of Billings/Greenville.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

23. Likes:

DocRed (03-03-2021),Ron Madden (03-03-2021)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    Nick Lodolo didn't throw 103 mph last night, but the #Reds are happy to see him becoming more comfortable facing big-league hitters.

Charlie Goldsmith @CharlieG__
    David Bell on Scott Heineman: “He’s really swinging the bat. He’s hitting the ball hard consistently. He plays hard, he’s a good outfielder."
    “He plays with a lot of emotion."
    “He wants to make the team, and he’s showing what he can do."
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 03-03-2021 at 10:47 PM.

Turn Off Ads?