Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Reds Spring Training

2021 Cincinnati Reds Spring Training

You can all use this thread to talk about the next 6 weeks of Spring Camp news for the Reds.

Below are all the players invited to the initial wave of Training Camp. If you didn't know there would be different phases to camp, check out this thread for more information --> https://www.redszone.com/forums/show...-Training-News

Reds 40 Man roster (includes 1 player on Restricted List)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021 OD1.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	16974

Minor League Invitees

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021 OD2.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	16975

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-17-2021),cumberlandreds (02-17-2021),Gallen5862 (02-17-2021),REDREAD (02-17-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Reds Spring Training

Just when the Cincinnati Reds started to roll last year, the pandemic-shortened season came to an end after 60 games. But manager David Bell saw his team developing cohesiveness and gaining momentum down the stretch that he believes can carry over into 2021.

The third-year Cincinnati skipper makes a fair point. The Reds won 11 of their last 14 in September, finished 31-29 and squeezed into the postseason for the first time in seven years. Bell noted the Reds were finally surging after 60 games, which would have been a little more than a third of the way into a typical 162-game season.

“The big difference is that this group is going to have a chance to show what they can do over the course of a long year,” Bell said Wednesday as pitchers and catchers reported to the Reds’ Goodyear, Arizona, spring training headquarters.
    https://www.espn.com
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 02-17-2021 at 05:14 PM.

so exciting what a great off season thanks for the substantive up date

A great offseason?? They lost a Cy Young winner, traded Iglesias and let go of Bradley.. did zero to upgrade SS... i cant stand the Cardinals, but i sure wish thier owners were the Reds owners as making the postseason is A yearly goal for them. Ours is just "Hope we get lucky " mentality, and they wonder why zero playoff series wins since 1995!! And no World Series since 1990!!

wow redsfan if you actually believed what I wrote you need to return to the reading comprehension involved in the curious george books

Reds Brandon Bailey will undergo TJS, and spend the season on the 60 day DL.

That really hurts their SP'ng depth, which is already shallow as is.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (02-21-2021)

yes brandon bailey had the potential to be another bob gibson undoubtedly

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Reds Brandon Bailey will undergo TJS, and spend the season on the 60 day DL.

That really hurts their SP'ng depth, which is already shallow as is.
    Think the Astros suspected elbow issues when they sent him over?
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Think the Astros suspected elbow issues when they sent him over?
    From what I've heard, which isn't much and may not be factual is that he hurt himself at home a couple of weeks prior to the opening of camp...so no.

After really taking a look at things this weekend, and knowledge I’ve gained this off-season I have two major thoughts for the Reds 2021 year on a positive side. (Didn’t want to start a thread on this)

1) The offense on the 2020 team was seismically if not historically unlucky. I expect a big rebound on the whole.

2) 2021 - Tyler Mahle breakout year.

Give me that and let the chips fall where they may.

14. Likes:

M2 (02-21-2021),mth123 (02-21-2021),Ron Madden (02-21-2021),thatcoolguy_22 (02-28-2021),wally post (02-21-2021),WildcatFan (02-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    After really taking a look at things this weekend, and knowledge I’ve gained this off-season I have two major thoughts for the Reds 2021 year on a positive side. (Didn’t want to start a thread on this)

1) The offense on the 2020 team was seismically if not historically unlucky. I expect a big rebound on the whole.

Those two things could actually be true. I'm pretty high on Mahle stepping forward this year. Hoping for a big rebound from Suarez. This team desparately needs an MVP caliber player and he's the only possibility unless Senzel makes a huge leap forward and stays healthy.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I think it will be Tejay that impresses on the pitching side this year. That doesn't mean to the exclusion of Mahle, could be both, just think Tejay is the guy that really moves forward this year.

17. Likes:

REDREAD (02-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Those two things could actually be true. I'm pretty high on Mahle stepping forward this year. Hoping for a big rebound from Suarez. This team desparately needs an MVP caliber player and he's the only possibility unless Senzel makes a huge leap forward and stays healthy.

Agree on both Suarez and Mahle.

Krall said on Hot Stove podcast that Suarez worked on nutrition and conditioning this off-season and should be in excellent shape for the season. I’m looking forward to a big year from him, including better defense.

Mahle has a big step to climb as #3 starter this year. But he has steadily improved and I see no reason why he isn’t up to it.

Antone, someone mentioned, I see him as a set-up man in high leverage situations. His success last year was in the bullpen. Important role, he can handle it, wouldn’t play around with it right now.
    Last edited by Kc61; 02-21-2021 at 02:21 PM.

Anotone's BABIP was so low last season (.216) that he could pitch better, but have worse numbers.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

20. Likes:

mth123 (02-21-2021)

That's been one of the big drivers in my thinking. I'm fairly confidence the offense is going to rebound this season.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?