Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Reds Spring Training

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Reds Spring Training

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    José De León said he feels as confident as he has since he underwent Tommy John surgery in 2018. He was throwing 96-97 mph in the Puerto Rican winter league and worked on a slider and cutter.

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-23-2021),Gallen5862 (02-22-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

Hunter Greene says “I want to be (in MLB) this season. Solely my goal is to get there."

Hunter Greene says he’s back to throwing 102.

“That’s nice.”

But a focus has been the secondary pitches.

Hunter Greene says that health wise he’s where he would normally be at this point of the year.

“I feel great."

5. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-23-2021),Gallen5862 (02-22-2021),Ron Madden (02-21-2021)

Joey Votto: “I want to come back (at the end of my career) and celebrate a championship.”

“I feel more comfortable sharing things. I want to come back and celebrate a shared moment."

Joey Votto: “When it’s timed right, (the bat flip) is fun. I hope that the new generation really carries the fun."

Joey Votto wants more “barrels” and more “exit velocity” this season.

“Those are the players you see on commercials and doing some really cool bat flips.”

“Those are the players that are the most fun. I miss being in that group."

7. Likes:

Gallen5862 (02-22-2021),M2 (02-21-2021),RED VAN HOT (02-21-2021),Ron Madden (02-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Krall said on Hot Stove podcast that Suarez worked on nutrition and conditioning this off-season and should be in excellent shape for the season. I’m looking forward to a big year from him, including better defense.
    Sounds like a SS to me!

9. Likes:

HUHUH (02-23-2021)

Sounds great, like it often does coming from Votto. The push will be whether it is true or not when he gets between the white lines

Gimme bat flips.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

eet
    Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    David Bell on Aristides Aquino: "I talked to him yesterday. He came into the office and just really determined, motivated, kind of a mission. He felt great about the work that he put in this offseason." #Reds

From reds.com notebook:

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/shogo-...ting-for-power

Miley feels healthy

Left-hander Wade Miley had a somewhat different offseason preparation schedule. Miley, who was limited to six games in 2020 because of a strained left groin and a strained left shoulder, saw a physical therapist and did a lot of work to strengthen the lower half of his body. “I didn’t throw quite as much as I normally would. I took it a whole lot easier on my lower half just to hopefully let everything kind of heal and get ready,” Miley said. “I feel like I’m in a good spot right now, so I’m just excited.” Miley, 34, went 0-3 with a 5.65 ERA in six games (including four starts) and is likely to be the No. 4 starter -- if all goes well. “I’m ready. I’m just kind of working my way in through camp and taking it kind of easy right now,” he said. “I’m trying to build up to get ready. I’m definitely excited to get back out there and compete in hopefully a somewhat normal season.”
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent
    The #Reds turn on @MLBNetwork 30 Clubs in 30 Days is Sunday, March 14. Reds host the Padres that day in Goodyear

So...I know we don't believe this is happening. But, people might want to at least allow for the possibility that...this might be happening.

Charlie Goldsmith

@CharlieG__
    Dee Strange Gordon: “Shortstop is my position."
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

16. Likes:

REDREAD (02-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    So...I know we don't believe this is happening. But, people might want to at least allow for the possibility that...this might be happening.
    Man, I really hope not. It's such a Tony Womack idea.

In normal times this would fit under the category of "it's not their job to be as confused as Dee," but I can't tell you they're not.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

18. Likes:

Chip R (02-28-2021)

Attachment 16988
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

20. Likes:

Chip R (02-28-2021),NebraskaRed (02-24-2021),Plus Plus (02-26-2021),REDREAD (02-24-2021),Roy Tucker (03-02-2021),Wonderful Monds (02-24-2021)

Suddenly the player I'm now rooting for the most this spring is Kyle Farmer! Hoping his new swing and spending the off-season hitting off of a slider machine will make a positive difference.
    No faith in Dee's defense at SS, or his hitting as a soon to be 33 yr old whose last decent year was 2017.

22. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-23-2021),Joeyjection19 (02-23-2021),RED VAN HOT (02-23-2021),Ron Madden (02-23-2021)

kyle farmer is the second coming of neil fiala

John Sadak @johnsadak
    What an awesome picture.

SABR BioProject @SABRbioproject
    Rookie Frank Robinson @reds & Jackie Robinson #Brooklyn @Dodgers at #SpringTraining in 1956. Their @sabr bios https://sabr.org/bioproject
    https://mobile.twitter.com/johnsadak...69562563219457

Turn Off Ads?