Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Reds Spring Training

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Reds Spring Training

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    So...I know we don't believe this is happening. But, people might want to at least allow for the possibility that...this might be happening.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Suddenly the player I'm now rooting for the most this spring is Kyle Farmer! Hoping his new swing and spending the off-season hitting off of a slider machine will make a positive difference.
    No faith in Dee's defense at SS, or his hitting as a soon to be 33 yr old whose last decent year was 2017.
    Um, also big no to Farmer, who is only like 2 years younger and has never had a decent year.

4. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-25-2021),Kinsm (02-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    So...I know we don't believe this is happening. But, people might want to at least allow for the possibility that...this might be happening.
    Yea, this is why the signing worried me.
    People always say "Don't worry, it's just a minor league deal" or "He's just the 26th man on the roster".
    The reality though is that the Reds told him he had a shot at winning the SS job, and that's why he signed here.
    He may not ultimately win it, but he's going to be given a chance.
    Does not inspire confidence in the front office, even if he does not ultimately win the starting job.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

6. Likes:

JFLegal (02-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Yea, this is why the signing worried me.
    People always say "Don't worry, it's just a minor league deal" or "He's just the 26th man on the roster".
    The reality though is that the Reds told him he had a shot at winning the SS job, and that's why he signed here.
    He may not ultimately win it, but he's going to be given a chance.
    Does not inspire confidence in the front office, even if he does not ultimately win the starting job.
    almost sounds like something a terrible organization would do.

8. Likes:

REDREAD (02-24-2021)

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

David Bell on SS Kyle Holder: “He plays an important position. He has a reputation of being an elite defender. That’s just who he is, and we know that going in.”

“He’s a player we think is still getting better offensively, and we think we can support him.”

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    David Bell said Jose De Leon may start Sunday's Cactus League opener vs. Cleveland. That's his day to pitch. #Red

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Eugenio Suárez says he lost 15 pounds this offseason. Changed his diet. He said last year was tough for him overall and he felt slow with his footwork. #Reds
    @ctrent

Suárez: "I'm better than that, I'm not a .200 hitter."

12. Likes:

DocRed (02-24-2021),Ron Madden (02-24-2021)

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    Bell says Jesse Winker has worked “really hard” to become a better outfielder.

He’s increased his speed. “I don’t know how he did that,” Bell said. "Every extra step is a big deal."

As slow as Winker is, hill sprints three times a week easily would speed him up.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

15. Likes:

Chip R (02-28-2021),JFLegal (02-24-2021),NebraskaRed (02-24-2021),REDREAD (02-24-2021),Ron Madden (02-24-2021)

You got to laugh. Every tweet coming out of spring training thus far makes it sound as if every player on the Reds is "in the best shape of his life" and all are becoming budding "superstars" on the field. To hear David Bell tell it, this team ought cruise to the World Series.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

17. Likes:

REDREAD (02-24-2021),Tom Servo (02-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    You got to laugh. Every tweet coming out of spring training thus far makes it sound as if every player on the Reds is "in the best shape of his life" and all are becoming budding "superstars" on the field. To hear David Bell tell it, this team ought cruise to the World Series.
    Well I bet you'll feel silly if they do!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

19. Likes:

marcshoe (02-24-2021)

I mean, that's every team, every spring training. Everyone made adjustments, everyone excuses bad performances from the previous year, everyone is a contender.

21. Likes:

HammerTime (02-24-2021),Ron Madden (02-24-2021)

On a mission': Cincinnati Reds' Aristides Aquino looks to bounce back after tough 2020
    Aquino is entering camp in competition for the team’s fifth outfielder. Nick Castellanos, Jesse Winker, Shogo Akiyama and Nick Senzel figure to receive the bulk of the playing time, and it hurts a player like Aquino that there won’t be a designated hitter in the National League.

He could become the primary right-handed bat off the bench, especially with his power, and it helps that he has experience in both corners of the outfield if there is an injury
    This article originally appeared on Cincinnati Enquirer: '

I'm going to be disappointed with anything less then an undefeated season.
    Go Gators!

24. Likes:

marcshoe (02-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I'm going to be disappointed with anything less then an undefeated season.
    I always am. Every game is theoretically winnable, so why not win 'em all?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?