Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fans in the stands in MLB in 2021?

Re: Fans in the stands in MLB in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    That would be about 12,000 fans.

Or fairly average turnout from 2013-2019.
    Knowing the Reds, they would put 9,000 of them in the outfield

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Many nights less than that if the Reds are being honest in their actual attendance figures. With mask mandates out we will have to see actual attendance numbers now.
    It's not that they aren't being honest. They are just announcing the number of tickets sold. That includes season tickets that didn't get used that night. You buy a ticket and for whatever reason you can't go; you were in attendance for that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It's not that they aren't being honest. They are just announcing the number of tickets sold. That includes season tickets that didn't get used that night. You buy a ticket and for whatever reason you can't go; you were in attendance for that game.
    Oh I know. I just think they should report actual attendance along with the paid. It would give you a better sense of interest level at that particular time. I am thinking they will probably have to announce actuals while we under COVID restrictions.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    my goodness, opening day tix on the secondary market are going to be through the roof.
    It's been over 30 years since I took an economics class, but with the limited supply of tickets combined with the possible increase in demand due to supply-induced scarcity ("panic buying"), would the Reds consider raising ticket prices? The increased sales revenue would help mitigate their losses, or possibly allow them to break even or turn a profit, though at the risk of alienating part of their fanbase.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Oh I know. I just think they should report actual attendance along with the paid. It would give you a better sense of interest level at that particular time. I am thinking they will probably have to announce actuals while we under COVID restrictions.
    Hi Cumberlandreds,
    I know you're not one of these people but but most folks that complain about low attendance at the ballpark, never go to the ballpark themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    It's been over 30 years since I took an economics class, but with the limited supply of tickets combined with the possible increase in demand due to supply-induced scarcity ("panic buying"), would the Reds consider raising ticket prices? The increased sales revenue would help mitigate their losses, or possibly allow them to break even or turn a profit, though at the risk of alienating part of their fanbase.
    they absolutely should, because if they don't, only the ticket brokers and scalpers will be the ones that truly profit.

i'm trying to think how much i'd be willing to spend on an opening day ticket this year, and i'd definitely be willing to go pretty high.

Dodgers' opening day tickets for sale: $8,644 each. In the bleachers

The Dodgers have not put single-game tickets on sale yet, and they do not yet have permission to play before fans. The Dodgers are working with the governor’s office and local public health officials on proposals for fans to attend games, team president Stan Kasten told season-ticket holders in a video Friday.

The uncertainty has not stopped some season-ticket holders from listing opening day tickets for sale in the secondary market, including StubHub and Vivid Seats.

On Monday afternoon, StubHub listed 20 opening-day tickets for sale, at prices ranging from $1,450 to $9,000, the latter price for a single seat on the reserve level.

Vivid Seats listed 94 opening-day tickets for sale, at prices ranging from $445 to $8,644. That last price was listed for three different groups of tickets, all in the left-field pavilion.
    The Los Angeles Times

9. Likes:

NebraskaRed (02-24-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Gov. DeWine announces Reds fan attendance policy

Fans will be allowed in the stands of MLB games this season in Ohio, Gov. Mike DeWine announced.

Thirty percent capacity will be allowed at Great American Ballpark this upcoming season, the governor announced Thursday.

Masks will be mandatory for workers and fans, Gov. DeWine said.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

11. Likes:

Ron Madden (02-25-2021)

It’s official. Reds can have fans at 30% capacity:

https://twitter.com/nightengalejr/st...541602816?s=12
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I received my first dose of the Moderna vaccine today. Even without that, I would still be jumping at the chance to attend a game this year. Most likely, I won't be attending a game until May or so, but I couldn't be more excited.

14. Likes:

GAC (02-26-2021)

30% is better than zero....but what is the rationale with

- Healthcare workers have gotten the shot along with a high percentage of 75 of age and above....reportedly we are at 15% of citizens with a vaccine.
    - by end of March all the 65 of age and above along with many school teachers will be done.
    - April to June/July the rest of citizens will have a chance to get vaccine that want a vaccine.

If we are pretty much vaccinated by summer along with some herd immunity....why would we not be at 100% open? (also concerts, plane travel, restaurants, etc.. as well)

Quote Originally Posted by UK Reds Fan View Post

- Healthcare workers have gotten the shot along with a high percentage of 75 of age and above....reportedly we are at 15% of citizens with a vaccine.
    - by end of March all the 65 of age and above along with many school teachers will be done.
    - April to June/July the rest of citizens will have a chance to get vaccine that want a vaccine.

If we are pretty much vaccinated by summer along with some herd immunity....why would we not be at 100% open? (also concerts, plane travel, restaurants, etc.. as well)
    My understanding is that 30% is where they're starting on opening day with the understanding that it might increase as the season goes on.

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (02-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by UK Reds Fan View Post

Governor Mike DeWine
    @GovMikeDeWine
    Sporting and entertainment events will be able to reopen with 25% maximum indoor capacity and 30% maximum outdoor capacity provided they follow established precautions. This is a start. If the situation improves in spring/summer, this could be expanded.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    they absolutely should, because if they don't, only the ticket brokers and scalpers will be the ones that truly profit.

i'm trying to think how much i'd be willing to spend on an opening day ticket this year, and i'd definitely be willing to go pretty high.
    I'm actually less interested in going this year. It won't feel the same with no parade, probably no block party, more than half empty stadium. This year, I'd rather just go on a regular night with normal prices.

20. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-26-2021)

Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds
    A limited number of Reds single-game tickets for the 2021 season, excluding Opening Day, will go on sale Wednesday, March 17 at 9 a.m. ET exclusively at http://reds.com. Rightwards arrow https://atmlb.com/389NwQq

Turn Off Ads?