Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 299

Thread: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

  1. #256
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,956

    Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

    Probably won't win tonight as Nurkic's injuries continue to take their toll. He has a knee issue that ruled him out for tonight's very important game. Blazers are a completely different team without him. Blazers have to avoid getting blown out and keep it within 10 with five minutes to go. Do that and they have a chance. With Nurkic, they had a 50-50 chance. Without him, only a 20% chance. Maybe Giles can get an opportunity and help Portland on the boards.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #257
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,956

    Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    You said they'd be 30-18, multiple times. Look, here's one:



    Only way they could have gotten to 30-18 was by beating the Bucks. Do you ever get tired of these whiffs?
    Again, you are making stuff up. WOW!!!

    I never said they would beat MIL. Nice try. I had their record wrong just like when I said they'd be 30-16 (how conveniently you forgot that, but go ahead and try to twist the facts to suit your narratives as you always do). I said they'd go 4-0 on their road trip, which they did, and LA won one more game than I thought they would (they've played good Defense even without A.D. and LeBron) and DEN won one more game than I thought they would.

    But, go ahead and make things up (or change the narrative). Seems to work well for you.

    Didn't expect wins against MIL, LAC or UTA, but I thought they had a great chance @ LAC, but not now without Nurk. Too many Offensive Rebounds will be given up while there will be a number of Defensive issues without Nurkic.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  4. #258
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    40,498

    Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Again, you are making stuff up. WOW!!!

    I never said they would beat MIL. Nice try. I had their record wrong just like when I said they'd be 30-16 (how conveniently you forgot that, but go ahead and try to twist the facts to suit your narratives as you always do). I said they'd go 4-0 on their road trip, which they did, and LA won one more game than I thought they would (they've played good Defense even without A.D. and LeBron) and DEN won one more game than I thought they would.

    But, go ahead and make things up (or change the narrative). Seems to work well for you.

    Didn't expect wins against MIL, LAC or UTA, but I thought they had a great chance @ LAC, but not now without Nurk. Too many Offensive Rebounds will be given up while there will be a number of Defensive issues without Nurkic.
    How were they supposed to get to 30-18 if they didn't beat Milwaukee? They were 29-18 going into that game.

    And if you're retreating to "they won't do so well against really good teams," I agree.
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  5. #259
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,956

    Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

    There's no retreating to they won't do well against really good teams. Without Nurk, C.J., and time for Nurk, C.J., RoCo, Dame and whoever to play a month together, the only games they could win was against the non-elite teams, though they managed to sweep PHI, even dominating them without Dame due to an uncharacteristically great team effort Defensively, but they are blowout candidates against BKN, UTA, PHO, LAC, LAL (with LeBron and A.D.), MIL, DEN and PHI. Tonight, Powell and C.J. make a difference, but no Nurkic takes Kanter off the 2nd Unit, and RoCo has to carry the team Defensively on his back again. Derrick Jones, Jr.'s Defense is needed against Kawhi and PG. Would help if we had Hollis-Jefferson, who is still waiting to pass six COVID tests. Kanter goes back to Starting at Center with RoCo backing him up. Stotts has to decide who to start at SF, where DJJ would be the best move against Leonard with Powell and Melo first off the bench.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  6. #260
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    40,498

    Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

    Blah, blah, blah. You were on this kick about how the Blazers were surging to 30-18, and the only way for that to happen was by beating the Bucks. If you're going to make these silly predictions at least have the decency to admit to them after the fact.
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  7. #261
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,606

    Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    30-18 will be there [their-- ie, Portland's]record. Lakers will have 19 losses and Denver 20 losses by next Wednesday.
    It's Wednesday. Portland now has 20 losses.

    Denver still has 18, and the Lakers have 19.

    So one out of 3...?

    They're in the same position as they were when this was written, except Dallas has come on strong to whittle the Portland lead for the sixth spot in the west to one loss and a couple of wins. If the Clippers remain the third seed in the playoffs, I'm not sure if I wouldn't prefer to play two-seed Phoenix. That would necessitate coming out of the 7 - 10 seed play-in games, though.

    Which would you rather face, RedsZone-- Phoenix (with the play-in games) or the Clips straight up?

  8. #262
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    40,498

    Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    It's Wednesday. Portland now has 20 losses.

    Denver still has 18, and the Lakers have 19.

    So one out of 3...?

    They're in the same position as they were when this was written, except Dallas has come on strong to whittle the Portland lead for the sixth spot in the west to one loss and a couple of wins. If the Clippers remain the third seed in the playoffs, I'm not sure if I wouldn't prefer to play two-seed Phoenix. That would necessitate coming out of the 7 - 10 seed play-in games, though.

    Which would you rather face, RedsZone-- Phoenix (with the play-in games) or the Clips straight up?
    I'd rather mess with Phoenix, just because they haven't been there. If Dallas/Portland/Lakers end up in the #7 slot, I'm thinking they might be favored over Phoenix.
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  9. #263
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,606

    Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'd rather mess with Phoenix, just because they haven't been there. If Dallas/Portland/Lakers end up in the #7 slot, I'm thinking they might be favored over Phoenix.
    So you'd be willing to gamble with going into the play-in tourney?

  10. #264
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    40,498

    Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    So you'd be willing to gamble with going into the play-in tourney?
    I wouldn't aim for it, but I think Phoenix would make for an easier first round after surviving the threat of instant elimination. Mind you, given the remaining strength of schedule, I also wouldn't be shocked to see Phoenix drop to 4th.
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  11. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (04-07-2021)

  12. #265
    Member 15fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,828

    Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

    Last night, Hawks 11 for 11 on 3s in 3rd quarter.

    That’s silly.

  13. Likes:

    M2 (04-07-2021)

  14. #266
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,956

    Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

    JAZZ-SUNS tonight.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  15. #267
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,956

    Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

    It's not likely that MIN finishes out of the Bottom-3, therefore losing their 1st Round pick to the GSW, so with that pick, who do the T-Wolves add,...Jalen Suggs, Cade Cunningham, Jalen Green, Davion Mitchell or someone else?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  16. #268
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

    The lottery odds are only 14% each for the bottom three teams. Those are far from strong odds to stay in the bottom 3 after the lottery. The Twolves have had bad luck historically with the lottery so I am pessimistic that they will keep the pick.
    Anyway, we need T J McConnell more than any talented youngster. He played another nearly perfect fourth quarter for Indiana in their win over the Twolves.

  17. #269
    Member texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    17,607

    Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

    Each of the bottom 3 teams has about a 40% chance of picking in the top three. So, obviously, that means each has approximately a 60% chance of picking 4th or worse.

    http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds <---2021 lottery odds

  18. Likes:

    M2 (04-08-2021)

  19. #270
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,956

    Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Each of the bottom 3 teams has about a 40% chance of picking in the top three. So, obviously, that means each has approximately a 60% chance of picking 4th or worse.

    http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds <---2021 lottery odds
    Totally forgot about the lottery.

    GSW has a great shot here, then.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator