Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

Clippers going for the avoid the Lakers tank.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Love the Suns in the playoffs. I could see Booker and CP3 going to another level and making a real run in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Love the Suns in the playoffs. I could see Booker and CP3 going to another level and making a real run in the West.
    I lean in the opposite direction.....they seem like the classic team that will be much easier to defeat over a multiple game series when a team is allowed to scheme against their weaknesses....something that is hard to do for a single game during the season. I assume defenses will key on Paul to disrupt their offense.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I assume defenses will key on Paul to disrupt their offense.
    If defenses do that Phoenix will be great. Paul's used to getting his against double teams and defenses keyed to stop him.

Better (by far) to play tight on Bridges and Booker, limit their effectiveness by making them be drivers, and live with Paul scoring 20 - 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    If defenses do that Phoenix will be great. Paul's used to getting his against double teams and defenses keyed to stop him.

Better (by far) to play tight on Bridges and Booker, limit their effectiveness by making them be drivers, and live with Paul scoring 20 - 25.
    I was not referring to focusing on Paul's scoring....but scheming to disrupt his overall comfort level in running the offense.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I was not referring to focusing on Paul's scoring....but scheming to disrupt his overall comfort level in running the offense.
    Right.

Teams have been doing that-- or attempting to-- since Paul came into the league.

I have no feel for the Suns. They’ve obviously had a great season and the few times I’ve caught them I’ve enjoyed watching them play. They clearly have a ton of talent, so they could make a run. But it’s pretty rare for a team that hasn’t been there to step in and make a run. It happens but you usually have to get punched in the mouth a couple times first. Booker and Ayton will be playing the biggest games of their lives and while Paul is great if there is a knock on him it’s his playoff resume.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Right.

Teams have been doing that-- or attempting to-- since Paul came into the league.
    We both know it is very different in the playoffs, and while Paul has performed well personally in the playoffs, his teams have not had great success. I am not sure how much was directly game planning to disrupt Paul (I recall series, just not in that detail), but I would guess much of it was because Paul is always the engine of his teams offense. He is going to get his 20ish points many nights, but preventing him from getting Blake and Jordan rolling was often the key to their defeats. Again, my memory is not strong outside of the outcomes of those Clippers teams losing, so feel free to correct me about the details.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I like that many of the critical games tomorrow are scheduled at the same time. The Clippers, Denver, Mavericks, Trailblazers and Lakers all play @ 9PM. All of those teams will not be able to know the results from other games that will impact their seeding. I will PHX also played @ 9PM instead of 2PM, but since I expect them to win....Utah will be forced to play hard in their 9PM game since PHX owns the tiebreaker.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

better late than never....clearly deserving in my opinion.

Marc J. Spears
    @MarcJSpears

Former NBA star Chris Webber has finally been elected to the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame, several sources told @TheUndefeated. C-Webb will be announced as a member of Class of 2021 in Springfield, Mass., tomorrow.

12:26 AM · May 16, 2021
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I like that many of the critical games tomorrow are scheduled at the same time. The Clippers, Denver, Mavericks, Trailblazers and Lakers all play @ 9PM. All of those teams will not be able to know the results from other games that will impact their seeding. I will PHX also played @ 9PM instead of 2PM, but since I expect them to win....Utah will be forced to play hard in their 9PM game since PHX owns the tiebreaker.
    Yeah I’m not sure why Utah and Phoenix aren’t playing at the same time. When the time was set the Kings weren’t eliminated yet, so maybe that’s why. Like you said Phoenix is very likely to win since SA isn’t going to play anyone so Utah has to win anyway.

Jae'Sean Tate led the Rockets in scoring, rebounding, assists, steals and blocks. Not surprisingly, he was the only Rocket to play in enough games to qualify.

Indiana averages 132.3 per game in their 3 games versus the Wizards. Unfortunately, they surrendered 139.7, while losing all 3 and the tiebreaker between the two squads.

In the East: 7 - Boston, 8 - Washington, 9 - Indiana, and 10 - Charlotte.

Charlotte was in front of Washington 90-79 through 3 quarters, but could not hold on.

The Suns nip the Spurs to end the season. San Antonio ends the season on a 2-10 run. They are 33-39 overall, and will finish 6 games behind the number 8 seed. Aren't play-ins wonderful? A crap team can get hot for two games and go to the playoffs. With this Covid thing hanging around, they should simply flip coins instead of playing any actual games. It makes as much sense.
    Last edited by texasdave; 05-16-2021 at 05:59 PM.

My guy Jevon Carter got the start today when the Suns rested Paul and Booker. He came within an assist of a triple double in the Suns win with a line of 19/10/9.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Indiana averages 132.3 per game in their 3 games versus the Wizards. Unfortunately, they surrendered 139.7, while losing all 3 and the tiebreaker between the two squads.

In the East: 7 - Boston, 8 - Washington, 9 - Indiana, and 10 - Charlotte.

Charlotte was in front of Washington 90-79 through 3 quarters, but could not hold on.
    Prediction, the Wizards beat the Celtics to win the #7 seed.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?