Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    The Celtics are playing very entertaining basketball. They played the Twolves on Friday and won an awesome defense optional game 145-136. Tatum was magnificent, scoring 53 pts in a variety of ways, all involving great skill and quickness. He was unguardable, and he had to be because no one on the Celtics likes to play defense. At least I thought so, until they just beat the Nuggets 105-87. How can a team give up 136 points to a 22nd ranked offense and hold one of the top 5 offenses to 87. It makes no sense, and that is superentertaining.
    Tonight's Boston-Denver game is why I don't bet on basketball. The Nuggets came in on fire and the Celtics have been a basket case. Yet, like you said, they suddenly remembered how to play defense. They've been getting better at it with the Time Lord at the 5, but I still figured Denver would own them. Completely wrong.

And you're right, highly entertaining.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    That might put a pin in Denver's hopes for a crown this season.

5. Likes:

Betterread (04-13-2021),M2 (04-13-2021)

Just watched the replay...ouch. Not a great idea to try and press off of the same leg youve stretched out for a fake/jab step. Not that players don't do that but he extended that left leg a good way out there and tried to use it to move back inside and yeah....he ended up in a lot of pain. I'll be shocked if he's back by March. I'd assume he shredded it.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 04-13-2021 at 11:58 AM.

That is a big blow to Denver’s playoff expectations. They really rely on him for creating offense in end of game situations.
    Just last week Denver was riding an 8 game winning streak, and playing as well as anyone in the league.
    Last edited by Betterread; 04-13-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    That might put a pin in Denver's hopes for a crown this season.
    Don't think they can win any playoff series without him. 1st Rd exit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Just watched the replay...ouch. Not a great idea to try and press off of the same leg youve stretched out for a fake/jab step. Not that players don't do that but he extended that left leg a good way out there and tried to use it to move back inside and yeah....he ended up in a lot of pain. I'll be shocked if he's back by March. I'd assume he shredded it.
    Done for a year, certainly through the All-Star break next season.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Some painful losses tonight for teams chasing playoff slots. The Hornets lost to the Cavs. The Spurs lost to the Raps. The Bulls lost to the Magic. And the Pels lost to the Knicks.

The 10th slot in the East is going to be something to watch. The Bulls, Raps, Wizards and Cavs are separated by two games.

There's some intrigue for the #6 slots at this moment too. If Miami loses to Denver, the Knicks will end the night in the #6 slot. If Dallas beats Memphis it will be only one game back of Portland for the #6 slot in the West.

GSW looks like it's going to pull itself up a slot to #9 in the West (and possibly one game out of 8th), and Indiana may only be one game back of the Hornets for 8th in the East. Both of those teams seem like they're in stride for a strong finish.

11. Likes:

BillDoran (04-15-2021)

Lamarcus Aldridge just announced his retirement. He has been dealing with an irregular heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Lamarcus Aldridge just announced his retirement. He has been dealing with an irregular heartbeat.
    Sad to hear that. Definitely not a way you want to see anybody's career end. My guess is he was going to be the big the Nets used to close out their games in the playoffs. He gave them a dimension they didn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Sad to hear that. Definitely not a way you want to see anybody's career end. My guess is he was going to be the big the Nets used to close out their games in the playoffs. He gave them a dimension they didn't have.
    Brooklyn has been snake-bit all season, yet they've found a way to post a pretty solid record.

They don't have a big who can protect the rim anymore. That may cost them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Brooklyn has been snake-bit all season, yet they've found a way to post a pretty solid record.

They don't have a big who can protect the rim anymore. That may cost them.
    You don't buy into the notion DJ's just saving it up for the playoffs? Next you'll tell me Blake's not going to unleash the dunks.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    You don't buy into the notion DJ's just saving it up for the playoffs? Next you'll tell me Blake's not going to unleash the dunks.
    They're going to have to hope KD, Blake, Kyrie, Harden, and Harris can shoot Philly and Milwaukee out of the playoffs.

It'll be fun to see if they can.

17. Likes:

M2 (04-15-2021),Revering4Blue (04-15-2021)

Jrue Holiday fixed himself a Trae Young sandwich tonight.

D-Wade taking a stake in the Jazz has to be a positive for the franchise. As much success as they've had, they've always lacked a certain....credibility given the community they operate in and the family that owned the franchise.

Turn Off Ads?