Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Really like what the Magic are doing today. It was time for a quick tear down / rebuild as the talented pieces were not winning. So far...

Out: A. Gordon & Gary Clark In: Gary Harris (one more year on contract), RJ Hampton (rookie with potential) and 2025 1st (with protection)

Out: Evan Fournier In: 2 Second Round Picks

Out: Vucevic & Aminu In: Otto Porter (assume he will be bought out), Wendell Carter Jr., 2 Future 1st Round Picks

Should get them under the cap by next season with real room the following year (if my math in my head is accurate), allow them to grab a high lottery pick this season, build up future draft capital, while adding a couple pieces that my fit long term (Carter & Hampton).
    Looks like a long rebuild ahead to me. Harris probably gets offloaded first chance they get, Carter's kind of meh, Hampton's a lottery ticket. If those future 1sts from the Bulls land outside the lottery, Orlando doesn't have much to show from these deals. They're doing the deep dive approach, though the lottery chances are a lot less favorable than when Hinkie was trusting the process (with mixed results).
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-25-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Blazers snag Norman Powell for Gary Trent, Jr. and Rodney Hood.
    Love that trade for Portland. Powell's stepped up big in playoff games and Hood is a corpse.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Not sure how he fits into the rotation or anything, but he can flat out shoot. Could be a good fit on a team that hasn't met a 3 pointer they haven't liked this year.
    You can NEVER have enough shooting. It'll be interesting if the Jazz explore the buyout market for a wing defender.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Honestly I kind of like that more for Atlanta than the Clips.
    Though Rondo is exectly what the Clips need, I agree. The Hawks also get two second round picks in the deal.

Gallo, Bogy and LouWill....Lots of firepower off the Hawks' bench.

Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Love that trade for Portland. Powell's stepped up big in playoff games and Hood is a corpse.
    For as much as I like Trent Jr, I agree. Time for Nassir Little to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Depends on how you look at them.

Vucevic gives Chicago an All Star to pair with an up and coming young squad. Vuc is elite on offense but is below average on defense but this is the Bulls recognizing that they're actually doing well and getting their new HC a nice stretch 5 which should really help Zach, Coby and PW with spacing.

Fournier should really strengthen Bostons bench but I can't help but wonder if they'll run Kemba/Fournier/Brown/Tatum/DT together in almost a poor mans GSW lineup. I don't think he'll make a big difference but he could if he can stay around the 38-40% mark from 3.

Gordon is going to be most interesting one as seeing how he'll fit in where he isnt a focal point of the offense. He'll be tasked with playing high level defense, slashing for easy dunks, and cleaning up the glass when Joker is out of the paint. This move will either work out tremendously or he will never gel, I just dont see any middle ground.

Powell gives Portland a big time scoring threat from the wing and allows for their offense to not really take a step back when somebody needs a breather. I still see the same outcome for them, they'll make some noise in the playoffs and it'll take a better teams every strength to finish them off but the chances they come out of the West are still minimal as always.
    Wondering if the Markkanen for Lonzo rumors come to fruition. I don't trust Lonzo in the 4th quarter, but the Bulls are built to run (LaVine, White, Williams). And a shooting big makes a ton of sense for the Pels.

I expect we'll see a lot of Fournier, Brown and Tatum together for Boston, especially closing games.

Gordon's going to get some prime roll man chances with the Nuggets. Gives that team some extra physicality too. Also, having a dunk machine at the rim might be the added ingredient that helps put Jokic's MVP case over the top.

9. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (03-25-2021)

Yeah good summary. Vucevic does make Chicago better, but they will now have a 5 game series instead of getting swept in the first round.

I don't see Fournier really doing anything to make Boston better.

Gordon and Powell are upgrades, but again, don't really see them moving those teams up a peg or anything.
    Gordan AND McGee are clear upgrades for Denver. Whether or not that's enough to vault the Nuggets into the finals remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    For as much as I like Trent Jr, I agree. Time for Nassir Little to step up.
    If I had to guess, they'll probably shorten their rotation and keep Little on the periphery. Wondering if they grab a discount big man for depth.

Gordan AND McGee are clear upgrades for Denver. Whether or not that's enough to vault the Nuggets into the finals remains to be seen.

The Finals? Denver is gonna have work to get out of the first round.

I assume that's the team everyone in the West hopes it doesn't see in the playoffs. On top of being one of the best offensive teams in the league, they've now got plenty of beef to get them through a playoff run. If they can snatch up a quality perimeter defender, I'd say they've got all their boxes checked.

14. Likes:

Not sure how he fits into the rotation or anything, but he can flat out shoot. Could be a good fit on a team that hasn't met a 3 pointer they haven't liked this year.
    He can shoot, but one of the biggest defensive liabilities in the NBA.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

16. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    If I had to guess, they'll probably shorten their rotation and keep Little on the periphery. Wondering if they grab a discount big man for depth.
    Drummond? Even with Nurkic returning, he'd likely garner more playing time there than with Brooklyn or either LA team.

But now that Boston is sending Theis to Chicago for Moritz Wagner, who had been dealt to Chicago earlier today, the Celts may be a realistic option for Drummond.

Last edited by Revering4Blue; 03-25-2021 at 03:43 PM.

18. Likes:

M2 (03-25-2021)

The Finals? Denver is gonna have work to get out of the first round.
    I like them to surge past the Lakers in the standings and finish in the top four. We'll have to see how Gordon beds in with the rest of the team, but he's different type of weapon on a team that already had an arsenal.

Drummond? Even with Nurkic returning, he'd likely garner more playing time there than with Brooklyn or either LA team.

But now that Boston is sending Theis to Chicago for Moritz Wagner, who had been dealt to Chicago earlier today, the Celts may be a realistic option for Drummond.
    That would be fascinating. It's the kind of dice roll the Celtics need to be making. What they've been doing sure hasn't worked.

Honestly I kind of like that more for Atlanta than the Clips.
    I think there is a real chance the Clippers get a better Rondo than was in Atlanta. Dude is kind of wired to play bigger when the situation is bigger or more relevant.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

22. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (03-25-2021)

Turn Off Ads?