Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

Interested in seeing JJ Redick get fed by Doncic...Dallas waives the white flag on the Curry for Richardson deal with that trade.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Interested in seeing JJ Redick get fed by Doncic...Dallas waives the white flag on the Curry for Richardson deal with that trade.
    Richardson is a good example for why teams should be wary of trading with the Heat. You're probably not going to get as much out of them as Eric Spoelstra did. Check out Tyler Johnson and Justice Winslow. They were starting on the Heat and making the playoffs. Now they're barely playable.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-27-2021)

Richardson hasn't been terrible for Dallas but his 3 pt shooting has absolutely tanked...32% from 3 while he shoots over 50% from inside the arc...Dallas needs that 3rd scorer and perhaps JJ can help.

So who's winning the Andre Drummond sweepstakes?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Celtics needs him desperately.

The Lakers wouldn't mind having him.

New York might find a place for him.

Dallas would make the most sense, honestly, but I'm gonna go with Boston.

8. Likes:

Nets grab LaMarcus Aldridge.

Aldridge-Griffin-Durant-Irving-Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Nets grab LaMarcus Aldridge.

Aldridge-Griffin-Durant-Irving-Harden.
    Big names but that’s not gonna be their crunch time 5.

11. Likes:

BillDoran (03-28-2021)

Why didn't the Cavs trade Andre Drummond. There certainly appears to be enough interest in him. What do they gain by buying him out, and letting him go on his way?

If the Rockets blow this lead against the T-Wolves tonight, I am done for the season. They lead 74-48 at the half.

Why didn't the Cavs trade Andre Drummond. There certainly appears to be enough interest in him. What do they gain by buying him out, and letting him go on his way?
    Supposedly Dallas and Toronto talked to them but nothing ended up happening...Toronto's part fell through when Lowry didn't get traded which also puzzled me.

15. Likes:

He made too much money. Only team that made would work was the Knick’s and they had no real incentive to take on the whole contract and give someone up.

Welp...I had the Sixers game penciled in as a loss the moment I heard that Kawhi Leonard was playing. That being said, a few lessons from their latest foray out in the land of the moving screen...

1) Every coach has his blind spot. In this case, it's Mike Scott. He's useless and has been for quite some time. I know you just traded away your third-string center, but why, oh why, would you put him in the starting lineup at Center? Many uncontested drives ensued.

2) Every other game, Dwight Howard creates new foul calls. Tonight, Howard was called for a foul for catching a pass. Then he was ejected after being called for two techs because he was grumpy about the call (it was one of like four or five Sixers techs tonight). Howard showed admirable discipline earlier by not destroying Marcus Morris after Morris threw him to the ground (earning a Flagrant 1), but Howard should know that Tony Brothers' staff is the most thin-skinned officiating crew in the NBA. They had a terrible night and apparently really didn't appreciate Dwight reminding them of that.

*Sidenote: Howard does need to stop drawing techs and deserves to hear comments about his judgment. I don't know who was announcing the Clips game tonight, but it was funny as hell to hear one of them go on about how champions are stronger mentally than that just two nights after Mr. Dwight Howard put on his NBA Championship ring from last season. I feel blessed as a Sixers fan to get to listen to Mark Zumoff and Alaa Abdelnaby because most of the rest are garbage.

3) So Ben Simmons fouled out by setting a screen that got set every play on the other end of the court. I mentioned that the officials had a terrible night, right?

4) Seth Curry...I thought that you'd maybe turned a corner. But no, took two threes all night, couldn't get himself open or create a shot. That's going to be a problem come playoff time.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

reports suggest it will be the Lakers. He will help, but I am not sure how much. Nothing really matters until Lebron and AD return. I never understood the Gasol signing....he was clearly washed last season, and the Lakers had to give him a 2 year deal which required the full amount to hit the cap instead of the league minimum amount.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    reports suggest it will be the Lakers. He will help, but I am not sure how much. Nothing really matters until Lebron and AD return.
    When AD and LeBron return, the Lakers are going to be tough inside. Drummond/ AD/ LeBron defensively will be an offensive rebounding machine, allowing both other Lakers to get back on defense-- which will stifle most fast break opportunities. (Or, conversely, the Lakers can send LeBron back early allowing him to save his legs a bit.)

This also allows LA to go Monstar big with AD, Drummond, Kuzma, LeBron at PG, and a SG of their choice and still defend (kind of).

The question is whether they'll be able to hit from outside.

Otto Porter would make a lot of sense for LA, actually. A Porter/ AD/ LeBron/ Drummond/ Schroder closing five would be good defensively and should be good enough offensively to withstand just about anyone in the West.

20. Likes:

M2 (03-28-2021)

Richardson is a good example for why teams should be wary of trading with the Heat. You're probably not going to get as much out of them as Eric Spoelstra did. Check out Tyler Johnson and Justice Winslow. They were starting on the Heat and making the playoffs. Now they're barely playable.
    I think you're right about trading with the Heat, but Richardson played a season for the 6ers, where he was pretty much the player he's been for the Mavs. I think if you see him on the right night, he can be tantalizing but ultimately he'll be subcromulent. I can see how you talk yourself into him. Some nights he really looks the part. He's long, can make plays on offense, occasionally knocks down shots and can be disruptive on defense, but he doesn't do anything consistently enough, nor in the playoffs, to think he helps your team as anything more than a 5th man or off the bench. I wouldn't want anything to do with paying him $10+ million.

22. Likes:

M2 (03-28-2021),Revering4Blue (03-28-2021)

Turn Off Ads?