Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Going to be real interesting what he decides to do after next year. He'll be 37 that year ('22/'23) but its clear his abilities and how he plays isn't substantially degrading with age. Once he doesn't have that mammoth contract attached to him he could be a championship winning piece for a contender, as long as he's reasonably priced.
    I'd love to see him lead the Knicks to a championship, if only for the story of it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I'm not certain which team has fewer holes...PHO or UTA.

Seems like Saric has made as big a jump as any player in the NBA this year...a strange thing to happen this late in a career, but not really if you take into account that he's a big (who plays like a Guard) and comes from overseas. He's not underrated at Redszone, but nationally he certainly is. After Booker and Paul, I'd say he's the next most valuable player on that team. Ayton is excellent, but Saric (like Marcus Smart) makes winning plays after winning plays. PHO is loaded with talent and Monty Williams is doing a Coach-of-the-Year job (he has my vote so far).
    Saric's game hasn't actually changed that much. He gets to shoot a little more with the 2nd unit, but he's been an efficient stretch 4 for years. For my mileage, I'll take Mikal Bridges (a seeming lock for the All-Defensive 1st team) as their 3rd-best player. Monty Williams seems to agree as Bridges is 2nd on the team in minutes.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

Betterread (03-03-2021),Revering4Blue (03-03-2021),SteelSD (03-04-2021)

Lloyd Pierce has gotten the boot in Atlanta. Not terribly surprising. Trae Young is going to get a lot of coaches fired.

Meanwhile, I keep hearing/reading speculation about Kyle Lowry getting moved to the Sixers - https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3...iid-nba-finals. It makes too much sense. It'll never happen.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ow-love-return

Why would anyone cheer for a player that flat-out quit on your team? Not only that, but he said that the team was no good. BOOOOO!!!!!!!

7. Likes:

ScotlandRed (03-04-2021)

Good win by the Jazz tonight over Philly. Unfortunately the refs didn’t want that to be the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Saric's game hasn't actually changed that much. He gets to shoot a little more with the 2nd unit, but he's been an efficient stretch 4 for years. For my mileage, I'll take Mikal Bridges (a seeming lock for the All-Defensive 1st team) as their 3rd-best player. Monty Williams seems to agree as Bridges is 2nd on the team in minutes.
    Saric missed more time than any Sun this year. He's just blending in. Monty will have him playing more minutes than Bridges from now going forward.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

That takes care of the Warriors and a move back into 5th place for POR. Try to win tomorrow and go into the break at 5th place, and then hopefully, get Giles back to start the 2nd half. His Offensive Rebounds, high energy, Defensive intensity and relief for Kanter and other bigs (so Melo and RoCo don't have to play C is vital until Nurk gets back in about a month, especiall with 36 games in 67 days in the 2nd half. Giles is absolutely necessary to our success, especially if we are going to catch PHO, which I think we can.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-04-2021 at 06:11 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Milwaukee Bucks are 13-14 outside their Division.

Only one team in the Top-10 Records in the West have a losing Road record....the Golden State Warriors at a pretty bad 7-11 record. They are not traveling well at all this season.

Gary Trent, Jr.'s streak of 19 straight games of at least two "3"'s made in a game (4th best in the NBA) ends tonight, as he goes 1 for 8. Dame was also 1 for 8 from 3 tonight until he hit two daggers to close and win the game for the Blazers tonight.

Rice beat Oklahoma A&M 87-78.

Official Attendance tonight:

IND @ CLE, 2720

BKN @ HOU, 3615 (Sellout) Yes, that is "official".

ATL @ ORL, 3969

CHI @ NOP, 2700

OKC @ DAL, 3508 (Sellout)

The other cities were all listed as "Not Yet Counted", which basically means that fans aren't allowed at all in those places, yet, such as POR.

I know if POR ever lets 2500 fans in, they're going to make it sound like 25,000 fans are in attendance.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-04-2021 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Good win by the Jazz tonight over Philly. Unfortunately the refs didn’t want that to be the outcome.
    Not really sure what Mitchell and Gobert are whining about, but there were a number of missed/wrong calls that were in the Jazz' favor last night. Constant uncalled illegal screens to free up shooters were a big issue Philly had to overcome (and never really did), for example.

Mitchell's meltdown in OT killed Utah's chances. Not smart, especially considering the gift free throws he was given early in OT when he kicked his hips out sideways into a defender- the same move, BTW, that went rightly uncalled when Conley did it with 30 seconds left in the Pelican's game.

I'll have to assume that Gobert was just grumpy about being manhandled by Embiid all night long.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Not really sure what Mitchell and Gobert are whining about, but there were a number of missed/wrong calls that were in the Jazz' favor last night. Constant uncalled illegal screens to free up shooters were a big issue Philly had to overcome (and never really did), for example.

Mitchell's meltdown in OT killed Utah's chances. Not smart, especially considering the gift free throws he was given early in OT when he kicked his hips out sideways into a defender- the same move, BTW, that went rightly uncalled when Conley did it with 30 seconds left in the Pelican's game.

I'll have to assume that Gobert was just grumpy about being manhandled by Embiid all night long.
    You seriously aren't sure what they were mad about? I mean I know you are a Philly fan, but come on now.

There are always calls in every game and I'm not sure a few tough screens are what we are getting at here.

There were 3 calls in regulation that directly led to Philly staying in the game that even allowed them a chance at OT, most importantly them completely blowing the O'Neale steal that would have led to a lay up for Mitchell to ice the game, and somehow still blowing it on replay. The offensive foul against Mitchell on Simmons in OT was completely ridiculous too, that should have been 2 shots for Utah to tie the game.

I'm glad they got pissed. They are right, they don't get the calls that some of the super stars get in crunch time and it's time to start laying into the refs now so what happened last night doesn't happen in June.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    That seemed to be the real story of the game. Embiid overwhelmed Gobert on both ends of the court. Embiid has been a wrecking ball this season, though I've got Jokic ahead of him for MVP.

Turn Off Ads?