Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

DEN needs one thing first: someone who can make shot in the 4th Qtr of a playoff game besides Jokic. Barton can. Murray can. Jokic can. But, two of them are missing. Foul trouble was avoided by Nurkic and RoCo, as has been the case for most of the last 13 games.

POR held DEN to 2 second-chance points and no fast-break points in the 2nd half. Denver's two biggest runs came from them attacking the boards...a 3rd run where they got to the rim at will to start the 4th. Then Nurk came in early to stop that pretty much ending the game as no Nugget could hit an outside shot other than Jokic from there.

Something not mentioned about their last 12 games was their increased passing. Instead of dead last in Assists, they were NBA average. Tonight's 29 Assists were their 3rd most in a playoff game since 2000. Getting many days off and time to prepare for the altitude certainly helped. But, 1 Assist for Jokic says everything. Another double-digit win on the road against a quality opponent. Blazers keep rolling.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Seems like Denver needs two things: Morris to regain form quickly (he missed roughly two months and it shows) and Gordon to play out of his mind.
    what, you have doubts about a Facundo Campazzo and Austin Rivers starting backcourt in a NBA playoff series?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-23-2021)

Big time step up for Memphis. Not quite payback for 2015, but great to see a young team make its bones.
    As a Grizzlies fan, pure bliss early Saturday morning. Can't believe and am thrilled for Ja to get to the playoffs so quickly. So much valuable learning and playing in big spots for such a young team.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

6. Likes:

BillDoran (05-23-2021),Revering4Blue (05-23-2021)

It was silly for anyone to think Doncic and Dallas would be swept by LA, however I doubt the Mavericks can continue to shoot 50 percent from 3. Only a matter of time before Lue calls out the goon squad to rough Doncic up like last year.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Well, not really sure what to make of that first half. Sixers can't hit threes (hmn...where have we seen that before...) and the officials won't let Embiid play, so that's nice.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

My 76ers win against The Wizards. Wizards played tough but just not enough.

125-118
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-24-2021),Kingspoint (05-23-2021),SteelSD (05-23-2021)

Playoff atmosphere and a roaring crowed at MSG? yes please. God, how I've missed crowd reactions to live sporting events.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Devin Booker scores 34 in his playoff debut. Doesn't seem like the bright lights were blinding him much at all.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-23-2021)

Total B.S. call. Trey Young was not fouled.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Devin Booker scores 34 in his playoff debut. Doesn't seem like the bright lights were blinding him much at all.
    Took him too many years to make the playoffs. He's a veteran now.

16. Likes:

goreds2 (05-23-2021)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Seems like Denver needs two things: Morris to regain form quickly (he missed roughly two months and it shows) and Gordon to play out of his mind.
    True. But better defense - a function of missing Barton and Dozier, as well as allowing MPJr to be placed in a pick-and-roll mixer time and time again - would also obviously help matters.

It also wouldn't hurt to play McGee when Joker rests. They traded for him, why not play him against traditional bigs?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

18. Likes:

BillDoran (05-24-2021),M2 (05-24-2021)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Took him too many years to make the playoffs. He's a veteran now.
    A direct result of the since deposed McDonough whiffing on both the 2016 and 2017 drafts. And he's also now playing for Monty Williams - who never should have been fired from New Orleans - and alongside Chris Paul.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 05-23-2021 at 10:15 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

20. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-24-2021),Kingspoint (05-24-2021)

Mmmmmmm

Hello there, Grizzlies.

22. Likes:

M2 (05-24-2021),Revering4Blue (05-24-2021),SteelSD (05-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Lakers effort was embarrassing....Lebron looked old and AD looked soft.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

24. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-24-2021),goreds2 (05-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Great game in Milwaukee, going to OT. Officials actually called a 10-second violation on Giannis near the end of the 4th quarter. He's been doing that all season long.
    If he's been doing it all season long, why did they wait until the last minute of regulation in the playoffs to call it? Actually its better than I expected- i thought they'd wait until game 7.

Turn Off Ads?