Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

It seems nearly impossible that Holliday can be +41, while Antetokounmpo is just +4. But that's what the stats tell us.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Is anyone in here still feeling good about the Heat? For a second-round draft choice (39th overall), Khris Middleton has had a pretty solid career.
    always thought Bucks would win series....did not even expect it to be more than a 5, maybe 6 game series, but I thought the Heat would put up a fight in each game. They have been pretty embarrassing. Bucks are really good, but the Heat are making them look better.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The Bucks have outscored the Heat by 63 points since Miami lobbied the referees to call that 10-second free throw violation on Giannis.

5. Likes:

BillDoran (05-28-2021),Revering4Blue (05-30-2021)

Austin Rivers was throwing daggers tonight.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

7. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Austin Rivers was throwing daggers tonight.
    Imagine what a team with a competent backcourt could do against Portland.

9. Likes:

M2 (05-28-2021)

The end of the Suns - Lakers Game Three (Booker and Crowder getting ejected for "pushing" Schroder) should give some impetus to Game Four physicality.

In the East, the Bucks, Sixers, and Nets are clearly better than the teams they're playing and might all sweep into the next round. New York and Atlanta is a rock fight.

In the West, you've got Dallas opening a can on the Clippers, the Lakers and Nuggets leading, and Utah and Memphis knotted up at one.

Is it that the West has better teams at the bottom, the East is peaking at playoff time, or a combination of the two?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    In the East, the Bucks, Sixers, and Nets are clearly better than the teams they're playing and might all sweep into the next round. New York and Atlanta is a rock fight.

In the West, you've got Dallas opening a can on the Clippers, the Lakers and Nuggets leading, and Utah and Memphis knotted up at one.

Is it that the West has better teams at the bottom, the East is peaking at playoff time, or a combination of the two?
    I wouldve expected the East to be more balanced 3 - 8 but Miami and Boston just havent put it together. Prior to the season I wouldve expected if Atlanta and New York were getting in that they would be the 7th and 8th spots. Miami made mistakes, not entering the Harden sweepstakes and trading for Oladipo, also Herro regressing has really hurt them. Boston losing Brown and their only real deadline add being Fournier has prevented them from stepping up, though Tatum has been awful through the first two games.

The East is going to be fun in round 2, especially if Milwaukee and Brooklyn meet up which seems very likely. Philly is going to benefit from getting the top seed with seeing New York or Atlanta instead.

I'm still sticking with my Lakers prediction in the West, especially if the Suns can't peel another game or 2 off of them. The Clippers are at risk of being cooked and if thats the case who stands in the Lakers way? Not saying it'll be a cake walk but who can best them through 7 games? Maybe Utah with Mitchell back and I know Portland or Denver would give them problems but I still can't see either winning a series.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 05-28-2021 at 09:22 AM.

The west is, was, and apparently always will be, FAR DEEPER than the east.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Why does it feel like every Lebron team (well except Miami which wasnt really a Lebron team but more of a Wade-Lebron team) has some annoying player who would be almost assuredly unknown if it wasnt for Lebron. Varejao, Delladedova, and now Caruso. Can't stand watching any of them play. They're cocky and dirty at times, the kind of guys you hated playing pickup ball with, and the only reason they exist (at this level of being known) is because of James.

Got to hand it to Lebron though, Varejao got a $30 mil deal, Delladedova got a $38 mil deal, and Caruso will almost certainly get a deal for way more than he's worth this upcoming offseason. Absolultely crazy considering how replaceable any of them really are/were.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Miami made mistakes, not entering the Harden sweepstakes and trading for Oladipo, also Herro regressing has really hurt them. Boston losing Brown and their only real deadline add being Fournier has prevented them from stepping up, though Tatum has been awful through the first two games.
    Both Riley and Ainge made mistakes this past off-season, for sure.

Riley assumed Giannis wouldn't sign his extension. When he did, instead of immediately pivoting to Harden, he overvalued his young guys. That may play dividends in the future, but right now, it's looking like a missed opportunity for sure.

Ainge just couldn't get out of his own way, seemingly.

Both Riley and Ainge made mistakes this past off-season, for sure.

Riley assumed Giannis wouldn't sign his extension. When he did, instead of immediately pivoting to Harden, he overvalued his young guys. That may play dividends in the future, but right now, it's looking like a missed opportunity for sure.

Ainge just couldn't get out of his own way, seemingly.
    Stephen A (for what its worth, which is fairly nothing) spoke recently about the chances of Kawhi opting out and signing with Miami, stating that he and JimmyB are close?

I think it's guaranteed Kawhi opts out and get more $ but i'm not so sure he'll leave LA that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Stephen A (for what its worth, which is fairly nothing) spoke recently about the chances of Kawhi opting out and signing with Miami, stating that he and JimmyB are close?

I think it's guaranteed Kawhi opts out and get more $ but i'm not so sure he'll leave LA that quickly.
    If I was Kawhi, I'd run to Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    If I was Kawhi, I'd run to Miami.
    I think you spelled New York Knicks wrong. Honest mistake
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

19. Likes:

M2 (05-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    I think you spelled New York Knicks wrong. Honest mistake
    Hey Knicks, wanna watch me pull a marquee free agent out of my hat?

That trick never works.

This time for sure.

Turn Off Ads?