Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

From NBC Sports w/ NBC Sports' comments:

Ersan Ilyasova is signing with the Jazz for the rest of the season, according to Adrian Wojnarowski. It's not a 10-day deal so the Jazz are committing to Ilyasova, who instantly gives them improved frontcourt depth with the ability to spread the court (36.5% from deep for his career). The veteran's arrival shouldn't have a big fantasy impact, though, as any minutes he earns should come at the expense of Georges Niang and Juwan Morgan. Ilyasova averaged 6.7 points in 17.0 minutes per game over the past two seasons in Milwaukee, which sets expectations while Utah's roster is healthy.

SOURCE: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Very interesting that the 2nd Half of the 2020-21 season begins exactly one year to the day, March 11th, that the 2019-20 season was suspended.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Embiid and Simmons will both miss Thursday's game vs CHI as they will still be in COVID protocol. They have been testing negative and it appears they will both be available for Friday's game vs WAS.

Haven't heard what he said, but apparently Meyers Leonard committed career suicide. He's always been very articulate and thoughtful with his words, always saying the right thing, then in a live stream gaming episode, he let one slip. Sad, really, as he doesn't have any racist leniencies in his entire makeup, despite being a victim of racial abuse himself.

From NBC Sports w/ NBC Sports' comments:

Marcus Smart (left calf strain) will return on Thursday against the Nets. This is great news for Smart, and for Celtics fans. Smart hasn't appeared in a game since January 30th, and the team is just 19-17. Brad Stevens mentioned earlier in the day that Smart's minutes would be limited when he returns, so be mindful of that for his first few games. Jeff Teague and Payton Pritchard are likely to see their minutes cut with Smart back.

SOURCE: Marc Stein on Twitter

Billy Donovan said there's a "very good possibility" that Otto Porter returns from back spasms to play on Thursday against the Sixers. Porter hasn't seen the floor since February 1st, so this is great news for both him and the Bulls. Donovan also said there's a good possibility Lauri Markkanen (shoulder) returns for the first time in more than a month as well. Both have been practicing with contact. It'll be interesting to see how Chicago balances its rotation with Thaddeus Young playing so well, and Patrick Williams playing key minutes. We'll find out as long as both players don't suffer any setbacks tonight.

SOURCE: K.C. Johnson on Twitter

MEM hosts WAS as the only game to open the 2nd half (both teams lost numerous games to COVID) tonight. The 2nd Half officially opens tomorrow night. Jaren Jackson isn't quite ready to be active, but he's close.

Season ticket holders got a letter from the Blazers that they've given up on the Governor allowing fans in the stands for this season and that their focus is turning towards next year. They're hoping it may still change, but they aren't holding their breath.

Forgot how games the Spurs missed. They're playing DAL on NBATV.

As I mentioned a few weeks back, it's painfully obvious that the Spurs are a much better team with LaMarcus Aldridge off the floor than with him on the floor. After I mentioned that, he became part of the 2nd Unit. Now, he's become part of the DNP-Coach's Decision unit as they look to trade him. I hope he stays far away from POR. We don't need him as he's not as good as Little or Melo as a reserve for the Blazers. Let someone else grab the guy who always refused to gaurd anyone on an outside shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Haven't heard what he said, but apparently Meyers Leonard committed career suicide. He's always been very articulate and thoughtful with his words, always saying the right thing, then in a live stream gaming episode, he let one slip. Sad, really, as he doesn't have any racist leniencies in his entire makeup, despite being a victim of racial abuse himself.
    I read the transcript of what he said....and they only included the first and last letter of the derogatory term he used and I could not decipher the word. I am not sure if that is a good thing and just suggests I am not familiar with some racists words.....or if it means I am just not smart enough to decipher.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

It's nearly time for the yearly NBA shake-up known as the Trading Deadline. I'm pretty sure no league does it better.

Here's your chance to weigh in, RedsZone.

Where do you think the following 15 players will go? (Bonus points if you can provide the broad outlines of the deal.)

- PJ Tucker
    My Guess: Tucker goes to Philadelphia for Thybulle, salary ballast

- LeMarcus Aldridge
    To Boston in a blockbuster, with DeRozan for Kemba and Tristan Thompson

- DeMar DreRozan
    See Aldridge

- Kyle Lowry
    Philly-bound, for a whole mess of backups, a draft pick, and Danny Green

- Kristaps Porzingis
    Stays in Dallas

- Andre Drummond
    Bought out and signs with Brooklyn

- Victor Oladipo
    Miami, for Duncan Robinson and salary ballast (Olynyk, Bradley, and Okpala)

- Harrison Barnes
    Stays in Sacramento

- George Hill
    To Dallas for Josh Green and Dorian Finney-Smith

- Evan Fournier
    To Charlotte, for Scary Terry Rozier

- Eric Bledsoe
    With JJ Redick to Denver for Will Barton and Gary Harris

- JJ Redick
    See Bledsoe

- Aaron Gordon
    To Portland for Gary Trent, Zach Collins, the ghost of Rodney Hood

- John Wall
    Surprise move, gets bought out, goes to LA Clippers

- Boogie Cousins
    Moves to the Clippers with Wall

- Eric Gordon
    To the Lakers for KCP, draft picks

- Buddy Hield
    With Hassan Whiteside to Dallas for Jason Richardson, James Johnson, and draft picks

- Otto Porter
    To Miami, for Tyler Herro, Andre Iguodala, and more salary ballast

13. Likes:

M2 (03-11-2021)

It has been reported that there will be a competitive market for PJ Tucker. Has anyone watched him play this season?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I read the transcript of what he said....and they only included the first and last letter of the derogatory term he used and I could not decipher the word. I am not sure if that is a good thing and just suggests I am not familiar with some racists words.....or if it means I am just not smart enough to decipher.
    He used the k-word.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

POR is +2-1/2 tonight at home (no fans) against PHO. That's assuming no Giles. Without Giles, even at home, even with rest, I don't see how we stay within 2-1/2 of PHO. They'll dominate the boards with a resulting 10+ extra shots allowing them to shoot a lower percentage and win the game. POR would have to hit 20 '3''s just to have a chance for Dame to pull out another victory out of the jaws of defeat [POR is 14-5 in close games (within 5 points in the 4th Qtr either way)]. Giles presence would allow us to at least break even on the boards and equal the number of FG attempts, especially against PHO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    He used the k-word.
    I was wondering what it was.

PJ Tucker is angry he's still a Rocket.

On a similar note, the Rockets are still angry PJ Tucker has decided to tank the season.

Tucker decided he was going to take a DNP-- Player's Decision without telling anyone last night, according to Paul Silas.

Turn Off Ads?