Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

Re: NBA 2021: 3rd Time's the Charm

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Lebron out indefinitely with an ankle. Davis might not be back for several more weeks.
    Lakers not built to win much of anything without AD and LeBron. They'll almost assuredly have to fight back from a four or five seed. Those at the top, however, may hope they don't slide too much further than that. If LeBron and AD are back healthy at playoff time, they're going to be a handful.

Somebody in that top line is going to get screwed.

I'm guessing Phoenix, but could be persuaded it'll be Utah (if history and snakebit franchises are any indication). What might be fun is a Laker/ Clippers first round.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 03-21-2021 at 11:53 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Lakers not built to win much of anything without AD and LeBron. They'll almost assuredly have to fight back from a four or five seed. Those at the top, however, may hope they don't slide too much further than that. If LeBron and AD are back healthy at playoff time, they're going to be a handful.

Somebody in that top line is going to get screwed.

I'm guessing Phoenix, but could be persuaded it'll be Utah (if history and snakebit franchises are any indication). What might be fun is a Laker/ Clippers first round.
    I don’t think they’ll both be out the rest of the season to fall into the 7/8 range, but the 5 or 6 seem likely. As a Jazz fan who is pretty confident of them keeping the 1, I hope it’s the 6.

Wood - 27. Wall - 24. Oladipo - 23. House - 18. Add it all up and it equals loss #20 in a row. That moves the Rockets in to the top 10 all-time in consecutive losses.

Knicks and Sixers are back in the 90s tonight. The game is all tied up at 88 as they head into overtime. Obi Toppin has played 7 minutes for New York and has done absolutely nothing. Seriously. 0 FG, 0 3PT, 0 FT, 0 OREB, 0 DREB, 0 TOTREB, 0 AST, 0 STL, 0 BLK, 0 TO, 0 PF, 0 PTS.

Ben Simmons seems to be going backwards. I thought he might step up with Embiid out. But, nope. He keeps putting up very mediocre numbers. 3 assists to go along with 7 turnovers in the game so far.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Knicks and Sixers are back in the 90s tonight. The game is all tied up at 88 as they head into overtime. Obi Toppin has played 7 minutes for New York and has done absolutely nothing. Seriously. 0 FG, 0 3PT, 0 FT, 0 OREB, 0 DREB, 0 TOTREB, 0 AST, 0 STL, 0 BLK, 0 TO, 0 PF, 0 PTS.

Ben Simmons seems to be going backwards. I thought he might step up with Embiid out. But, nope. He keeps putting up very mediocre numbers. 3 assists to go along with 7 turnovers in the game so far.
    ...Interesting ending to Knicks/ Sixers game:

I'm waiting for Thibs to finally go nuclear and murder some referee with a clipboard and a hand towel. (Third time in the past 10 games the Knicks have lost via a brutal call at the end of the game, fwiw.)

7. Likes:

goreds2 (03-22-2021)

Aaron Gordon has requested a trade.

Hopefully Orlando will deal him to Houston for a couple of picks and Fournier to Boston for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Aaron Gordon has requested a trade.
    Who says no?

D'Angelo Russell and Jake Layman to Orlando for Gordon and Fournier?

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-22-2021)

nm wrong thread

What's sadder than a 20-game losing streak?

Not being able to go home for 13 months.

Thus, the homeless Raptors lose to the Rockets.

Maybe it's sadder than MIN still has a worse record than the Rockets. (nothing sad about what's going on in MIN right now, though, as Anthony Edwards is phenomenal and the Timberwolves should have a waiting line 25,000 deep for season tickets with the potential of Towns and Edwards and whoever they get next.)
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

From nba.com ...

Pistons reportedly turned down trade for Bagley

The Sacramento Kings and former No. 2 overall pick Marvin Bagley III have had some ups and downs together and trade chatter has followed the promising big man at times in his career. Per Yahoo Sports’ Chris Haynes, the Detroit Pistons recently turned down an offer of Bagley III for promising rookie Saddiq Bey. Bagley is averaging 13.9 points, 7.4 rebounds and shooting 50.2% but has struggled with injuries all season. He recently was ruled out for four weeks with a broken hand. Bey, the No. 19 pick in last year’s Draft, is averaging 10.5 ppg, 4.1 rpg and shooting 40.4% for the struggling Pistons.

The Miami Heat are expected to be busy this week. In addition to reported interest in Raptors guard Kyle Lowery, the defending Eastern Conference champions reportedly are the “most likely landing spot” for Spurs forward LaMarcus Aldridge, according to a report from Marc Stein of the New York Times.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

14. Likes:

goreds2 (03-23-2021)

I know the Pacers have had injuries, but I've got to believe they'd be doing better had they kept Nate McMillan at the helm.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I know the Pacers have had injuries, but I've got to believe they'd be doing better had they kept Nate McMillan at the helm.
    What an amazing story! First coach ever to win his first seven games after taking over a club. The Hawks were dead heading towards a Top-7 lottery pick. He got them playing Defense. Makes me wonder what he could do with the Blazers.

Gregg Popovich was sniveling about how unfair it was to have fired Lloyd Pierce. Gregg Popovich snivels about a lot things. Hey, Pops, you were about as wrong as a person could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Who says no?

D'Angelo Russell and Jake Layman to Orlando for Gordon and Fournier?
    Orlando says no, they want picks. Supposedly they’ll wait until Thursday to take a deal but there is a rumor that Boston is currently leading the pack with an offer that includes two 1sts. There will also be a player involved and Orlando wants Marcus Smart. Boston will use the 28.5 million Hayward TPE and the picks will likely carry protections. This deal would involve both Gordon and Fournier going to Boston.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 03-23-2021 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Orlando says no, they want picks. Supposedly they’ll wait until Thursday to take a deal but there is a rumor that Boston is currently leading the pack with an offer that includes two 1sts. There will also be a player involved and Orlando wants Marcus Smart. Boston will use the 28.5 million Hayward TPE and the picks will likely carry protections. This deal would involve both Gordon and Fournier going to Boston.
    That's a much, much better deal for Orlando than I had thought they might receive. Smart plus two first rounders for Gordon and Fournier is a fantastic deal for the Magic.

20. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (03-23-2021)

Turn Off Ads?